Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #1246
MTK
\m/

Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The fact that there are reports that DS wanted Bowles so bad that he would give him the keys to the car, lol if that's true then we all know Dan knows shit about football. Bowles is not that kind of HC and not on a level like that at all.

If he really wanted Bowles he should have canned Gruden and did things the right way.

I’d bet Bowles wasn’t comfortable with taking the job under the current circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #1247
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Torrian Gray took the DB job with the Florida Gators....

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_keim...80345409347584
Old 01-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #1248
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If he really wanted Bowles he should have canned Gruden and did things the right way.

I’d bet Bowles wasn’t comfortable with taking the job under the current circumstances.

Would anybody? It doesn't take an idiot to realize Snyder was undermining Gruden. And if he'd do it to Gruden he'd do it to anybody. Bowles was probably sitting there thinking "this'll be me in a few years when he's not satisfied with my performance."
Old 01-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #1249
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Bowles was probably sitting there thinking "this'll be me in a few years when he's not satisfied with my performance."

Exactly

Old 01-21-2019, 07:02 PM   #1250
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Todd Bowles, wade phillips, Jim Schwartz, Vic fangio and Greg Williams all said no...Schwartz refused to even talk...all top def coordinators in the game...

Snyder, Bruce, jay and front office could not get them here. Bottomline this org cannot attract the coach here because of it owner and toxic culture Bruce has presided over since day 1 he got here.

He Gets Us
Old 01-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #1251
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Todd Bowles, wade phillips, Jim Schwartz, Vic fangio and Greg Williams all said no...Schwartz refused to even talk...all top def coordinators in the game...

Snyder, Bruce, jay and front office could not get them here. Bottomline this org cannot attract the coach here because of it owner and toxic culture Bruce has presided over since day 1 he got here.

So sad. I will say the toxic culture started long before Bruce got here. He was just gasoline on the dumpster fire. The squirmy little shit owner is 100% responsible for this shit.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #1252
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's sad to see such a storied franchise be burned to the ground.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #1253
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

There were conflicting reports regarding Phillips. Phillips described the interview as weird and Gruden reportedly like Joe Barrys "youth" and "energy." In reality, I bet Gruden was threatened by Phillips as he'd be a prime candidate to be promoted to HC if Snyder wanted to make a change.

In Gruden and Allen, we have two guys who seem threatened by talent. Jay's never brought in one mediocre DC after the other. Allen brings in guys like McCloughan and Lafemina, but then works to oust them when the fans start viewing them as reasons for hope/optimism instead of him. Both will condemn us to sustained mediocrity due to their insecurity.

Then, we have an owner that surrounds himself by these sycophants who shield him from the reality of the mess he's created.

Its a complete mess.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #1254
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's sad to see such a storied franchise be burned to the ground.

Seriously and it is like there is no way out. Some other teams I root for, Miami Hurricanes, the Flyers, the Sixers - have unbelievably bad years, but there is hope. They hire competent people- they have a plan. Snyder will fuck up any bit of hope that comes our way - to the point now that hope stays the hell away from us. There will be an occasional sneaking into the post season just to get spanked the hell out right away, but this team will never again be a legitimate contender under this regime. There was 99 with Brad Johnson. That team was legit. Lost close to Bucs who lost close to Rams who won it all. A botched snap from a possible championship. RG-3 had something going on and looked legit for a minute. But that is twice in 27 years, and neither team was built for the long haul. Snyder has literally written the book on how to build and sustain a losing franchise. We are the worst of the worst. It was the Browns. Now it is us.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #1255
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Im literally almost at the point where I hope we lose every game until The boo’s and laughs are so loud that even Snyder cannot escape them and just gives up and sells. I legit see no other way out. We will screw up any draft boom we come across. We will find a way to lose until he gets the fuck out of the way - entirely.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #1256
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Exactly

This is everybody in a few years. There are only a few coaches that have a long tenure.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #1257
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Seriously and it is like there is no way out. Some other teams I root for, Miami Hurricanes, the Flyers, the Sixers - have unbelievably bad years, but there is hope. They hire competent people- they have a plan. Snyder will fuck up any bit of hope that comes our way - to the point now that hope stays the hell away from us. There will be an occasional sneaking into the post season just to get spanked the hell out right away, but this team will never again be a legitimate contender under this regime. There was 99 with Brad Johnson. That team was legit. Lost close to Bucs who lost close to Rams who won it all. A botched snap from a possible championship. RG-3 had something going on and looked legit for a minute. But that is twice in 27 years, and neither team was built for the long haul. Snyder has literally written the book on how to build and sustain a losing franchise. We are the worst of the worst. It was the Browns. Now it is us.
It sucks man, I saw the stat about KC not going to a SB in 49 years... What if that becomes us? I don't know how long I can stomach that.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #1258
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Im literally almost at the point where I hope we lose every game until The boo’s and laughs are so loud that even Snyder cannot escape them and just gives up and sells. I legit see no other way out. We will screw up any draft boom we come across. We will find a way to lose until he gets the fuck out of the way - entirely.

We are different because we do not give said coach a chance to win. Those other ones underachieve and deserve to get fired. Ours never have a chance and they all know it. It is different.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #1259
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Also, this article is from JLC, you can only believe about 50% of what he writes about the Redskins. Him and Florio have had a hardon for Snyder for years. Why did Snyder purchasing a yachts make headline news? Many of the Owners have Yachts.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #1260
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Also, this article is from JLC, you can only believe about 50% of what he writes about the Redskins. Him and Florio have had a hardon for Snyder for years. Why did Snyder purchasing a yachts make headline news? Many of the Owners have Yachts.
Because they know it will get clicks, which equals ad revenue. "Asshole owner that nobody likes buys 150 mil floating palace of decadence w/ custom IMAX theater?"

You wouldn't click that?
Closed Thread