Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2016 CBS/NFLdraftscout Big Board

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #76
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: 2016 CBS/NFLdraftscout Big Board

Interesting...could be trade city on draft day...

Washington Redskins GM wants 12 picks by draft day - NFL.com
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #77
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Interesting...could be trade city on draft day...

Washington Redskins GM wants 12 picks by draft day - NFL.com
Love the strategy of increases draft picks, especially in this deep draft....but it's not really telling us anything new. I think most GMs want more draft picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #78
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Love the strategy of increases draft picks, especially in this deep draft....but it's not really telling us anything new. I think most GMs want more draft picks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I don't like trading in the 1st round solely because it doesn't happen until right before the pick you waited hours to watch.

In terms of actual football strategy, I have no problems with trading down in any round. If a team gives you a great deal you almost have to take it.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #79
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Either of the Alabama Defensive Linemen, Alexander, Billings, William Jackson, Darren Lee, Leonard Floyd (not a need, but I like him). That's 7, there are a few others. Above aren't in any particular order.
Right now Mack is probably my favorite CB but admittedly I haven't spent as much time with the other CBs. I've read about them, just haven't watched them yet.

I think we talked about edge rushers and Floyd in another thread? If a edge rusher is BPA at 21 or any other pick, I'm all for it. My actual hand to fire answer to Chico? question who would you pick was Emmanuel Ogbah. Nothing against Floyd, just really like Manny O. I know Floyd's production numbers aren't up there compared to other edge rushers because he wasn't always an edge rusher at Georgia. His measurable are excellent but to my eye he seems like a projection as edge rusher that needs to bulk up a lil.

I used to really like Darron Lee but the more I watched the more I wondered about his fit in this defense. I have yet to see Lee have to shed a block, and this defense he'll be asked to stack and shed. Not saying that he can't do it. Only that I haven't seen him do it on film because both the scheme and the DL surrounding talent kept him proctected. I would like Lee more in 43 or weakside ILB in a 2-gap 34. But, his range and ability to play sideline to sideline is outstanding.

If you have positional top 5(ish) ranking I would be curious to see them

Cheers
Old 03-21-2016, 06:38 PM   #80
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
I don't like trading in the 1st round solely because it doesn't happen until right before the pick you waited hours to watch.

In terms of actual football strategy, I have no problems with trading down in any round. If a team gives you a great deal you almost have to take it.
Yeah, I guess from our fan vantage point with the waiting and all that...but as a fan of the draft, I like it when a GM is creative with get more plate appearances.

It would be a very shrewd move to pull off a trade down in this draft because of the depth. Hopefully someone team will be chasing after a QB or something.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #81
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I guess from our fan vantage point with the waiting and all that...but as a fan of the draft, I like it when a GM is creative with get more plate appearances.

It would be a very shrewd move to pull off a trade down in this draft because of the depth. Hopefully someone team will be chasing after a QB or something.
BINGO .... if Lynch is still available at #21 the Redskins should get some good offers 2, 3, maybe 4 high picks
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #82
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
BINGO .... if Lynch is still available at #21 the Redskins should get some good offers 2, 3, maybe 4 high picks
At the end of the day whatever Scott decides to do, I'm on board with. After the promising results from last years draft, how could I not be. No matter what happens, I see our defense being way better and deeper than last years.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Right now Mack is probably my favorite CB but admittedly I haven't spent as much time with the other CBs. I've read about them, just haven't watched them yet.

I think we talked about edge rushers and Floyd in another thread? If a edge rusher is BPA at 21 or any other pick, I'm all for it. My actual hand to fire answer to Chico? question who would you pick was Emmanuel Ogbah. Nothing against Floyd, just really like Manny O. I know Floyd's production numbers aren't up there compared to other edge rushers because he wasn't always an edge rusher at Georgia. His measurable are excellent but to my eye he seems like a projection as edge rusher that needs to bulk up a lil.

I used to really like Darron Lee but the more I watched the more I wondered about his fit in this defense. I have yet to see Lee have to shed a block, and this defense he'll be asked to stack and shed. Not saying that he can't do it. Only that I haven't seen him do it on film because both the scheme and the DL surrounding talent kept him proctected. I would like Lee more in 43 or weakside ILB in a 2-gap 34. But, his range and ability to play sideline to sideline is outstanding.

If you have positional top 5(ish) ranking I would be curious to see them

Cheers
I haven't researched Ogbah much. I like Floyds body composition. Tall and lean, he can add bulk if needed. I like speed guys, he would compliment Kerrigan well.

Lee, sideline to sideline, is exactly why I like him, speed, we haven't had much of that at LB recently.

I don't have a complete list like that. There are 10-15 guys I like that might be available at 21.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #84
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
I haven't researched Ogbah much.
http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-...ml#post1141043

Here's my position rankings:

QB-Paxton Lynch, Jared Goff, Conor Cook, Carson Wentz, Brandon Allen

WR-Josh Doctsun, Corey Coleman, Sterling Shephard, Tyler Boyd, Laquan Treadwell

CB-Jalen Ramsey, Mackenzie Alexander, Vernon Hargreaves, Willism Jackson, Kendall Fuller ? (40), Eli Apple

S-Jalen Ramsey, KJ Dillon, Karl Joseph (40 ?), TJ Green, Sean Davis, Darian Thompson (40 ?)

Edge-Emmanuel Ogbah, Shaq Lawson, Joey Bosa, Leonard Floyd, Shilique Calhoun

LB-Miles Jack, Darron Lee, Reggie Ragland, Kamalei Correa, Josh Perry, Joe Schobert, BJ Goodson
Old 03-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #85
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm an FSU fan so I love Ramsey. Being out here in California I've seen Jack a lot. Dude is an awesome football player. Those 2 are the best 2 players in the draft to me.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:36 AM   #86
That Guy
Living Legend

it's not a drive by jab, it's a discussion that's already been had where we found out your version of BPA doesn't match anyone else's, since you also include players on your team, which indirectly means you're also drafting need, while calling it BPA, which is a misnomer and confusing. I just don't really feel like rehashing this over 3+ days again when it's been covered.

scot is not a strict bpa guy, otherwise we would have taken a D linemen last year, but he looked ahead and saw this year's class and felt he could get better value (imo). I don't think our OG was very far behind him, but we signed like 5 DLinemen in FA and had a tragically terrible RT the previous year. so it's really hard to say need didn't play a (big) part. no GM is going to go to a post draft interview and say "yeah, our guy wasn't the best player on the board, but we needed a right tackle, so..." just imagine the sh&t show that would bring.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #87
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Was looking at all the cornerbacks that might be around at #21 tonight, and I can't decide what player I like best. I wouldn't have a problem with Kendall Fuller, MacKenzie Alexander, Eli Apple, or William Jackson III.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In a CBS Sports poll of NFL personnel (from scouts to general managers), Ohio State QB Cardale Jones ranked as the most underrated player in the draft.

Jones received five votes as most underrated, which tied with Maryland DE/OLB Yannick Ngakoue. One scout said of the 6-foot-5, 253-pound Jones, "If the plan is to develop the young quarterback rather than play him immediately, anyway, why not take the bigger, stronger athlete and let your coaches unlock his potential?" As CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang wrote, Jones "wowed the 130+ NFL personnel who attended Ohio State's [P]ro [D]ay, showing off the velocity which earned him the nickname "12 Gauge" as well as surprising touch and accuracy." Jones made just seven starts in college and his lack of experience will prevent him from serving as a true plug-and-play option, but there's momentum behind him being drafted as high as the second round.

Source: CBS Sports

We are all ok with Cardale Jones in the 3rd round?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #89
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
In a CBS Sports poll of NFL personnel (from scouts to general managers), Ohio State QB Cardale Jones ranked as the most underrated player in the draft.

Jones received five votes as most underrated, which tied with Maryland DE/OLB Yannick Ngakoue. One scout said of the 6-foot-5, 253-pound Jones, "If the plan is to develop the young quarterback rather than play him immediately, anyway, why not take the bigger, stronger athlete and let your coaches unlock his potential?" As CBS Sports draft analyst Rob Rang wrote, Jones "wowed the 130+ NFL personnel who attended Ohio State's [P]ro [D]ay, showing off the velocity which earned him the nickname "12 Gauge" as well as surprising touch and accuracy." Jones made just seven starts in college and his lack of experience will prevent him from serving as a true plug-and-play option, but there's momentum behind him being drafted as high as the second round.

Source: CBS Sports

We are all ok with Cardale Jones in the 3rd round?
We just signed Colt to a 3 year deal and we typically only keep 2 qbs active. Don't really think there is room for him. You don't see 3rd round picks on practice squads or inactive all 16 games. You need that player contributing. Don't see us taking a QB unless its late or UDA and putting him on PS.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #90
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
We just signed Colt to a 3 year deal and we typically only keep 2 qbs active. Don't really think there is room for him. You don't see 3rd round picks on practice squads or inactive all 16 games. You need that player contributing. Don't see us taking a QB unless its late or UDA and putting him on PS.
I agree a third round pick is to high. However, if they add picks and could get Jones in the 4th round it could be a good investment. He could have 2 or 3 years to develop, then might be a valuable asset... just like KC
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote