Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Cooley's film breakdown of 7th round CB Greg Stroman

It seems we finally have a legit punt returner. Cooley says we can absolutely pencil him down as our starting punt returner.

-Only negative is his size, he's not a physical corner and can get easily blocked and bumped.

-A lot of positives as a slot corner, natural athlete, good hips, very good hands, ball hawk, excellent understanding of all route combinations. He thinks he will make plays on the ball and was questioning the fact that his size would really be a problem !
Being a Tech fan...Stroman played early in his career and I thought he really struggled the first couple years as a Hookie, I thought he actually sucked. But I cant remember a player who improved so much as Stroman did at Tech...he turned into a legit force on that defense and of course shined on punt returns. Take K Jarrett another Hookie secondary player we drafted but got injured...Jarrett was a force as a freshman. He played well from day 1 and shined. Stroman put in the hardwork and really developed into a fine player.

What does that tell you? He is very coachable, he can learn and he can improve. He is sneaky good in coverage...but hoping he can be a punt returner first and foremost.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #137
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Being a Tech fan...Stroman played early in his career and I thought he really struggled the first couple years as a Hookie, I thought he actually sucked. But I cant remember a player who improved so much as Stroman did at Tech...he turned into a legit force on that defense and of course shined on punt returns. Take K Jarrett another Hookie secondary player we drafted but got injured...Jarrett was a force as a freshman. He played well from day 1 and shined. Stroman put in the hardwork and really developed into a fine player.

What does that tell you? He is very coachable, he can learn and he can improve. He is sneaky good in coverage...but hoping he can be a punt returner first and foremost.
Still sad about Jarrett -- he was becoming my favorite over-achiever. Brutal that one bad hit ended everything so early.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #138
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Good to read this. I don't watch college football (don't like to do things 50% and I wouldn't even know what to begin with...) so this is good input, thanks!

I loved Keyshoen Jarrett, his neck injury was really sad...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm analyzing The Bama / Clem game, D Payne destroyed Clemson's guards all half. He was in the backfield on most snaps. Clemson had -7 yards in the 1qtr and he was a huge reason for that.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #140
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Man, I think we’ve done well for the second consecutive draft. To be honest...Dallas, giants and eagle did well too. I thought Dallas did really well. The east gonna be extremely competitive next year. If we can stay healthy we will compete.
its our breakout time if we can stay healthy
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #141
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm analyzing The Bama / Clem game, D Payne destroyed Clemson's guards all half. He was in the backfield on most snaps. Clemson had -7 yards in the 1qtr and he was a huge reason for that.
after jim tomsula coaches him up and he is in rotation with settle oh cant wait to see him next to allen
Old 07-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #142
redskinjim
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He was versatile and switched as the coaching staff needed him to at Penn State. I think he's a guy you give to coach Gray, and let him figure out what to do with him.

Since he looks to be a special teams ace, you have the time to turn him into a valuable piece on the defense.
he will get better he has the speed reed douty jr
Old 07-15-2018, 03:19 AM   #143
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
after jim tomsula coaches him up and he is in rotation with settle oh cant wait to see him next to allen
With Allen coming back it feels like we have 3 new defensive linemen !
This roster has enough potential to upset a lot of people.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk