Trade down?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Trade down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
With those 4 picks the highest you could go would be the #11 spot, and I seriously doubt that Chris Long will be there at 11.

Again according to the NFL Draft Value chart, the #21 is worth 945, your second rounder pick is worth 380, the first 7th rounder is only worth 6.2. The last 7th round pick is #35 in the 7th is has zero value. Besides it is a comp pick and teams cannot trade those. So total value of the 3 eligible picks is 1331.2. To get into the top 5 you would need at LEAST 1,675.

So the highest you could go to trade up in the first with the picks you mentioned is around the #11 spot.
Like I said, I don't beleive the rumor, just posing it to everyone to see what they thought. None of us are GM's so it doesn't really matter what we think.

Advertisements
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #17
jsarno
Franchise Player

For the record, I think Long is going to be a mega stud. He has the size, the demeanor, and the pedigree. If I were Miami, I'd already have a contract ready for this kid to sign.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #18
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
With those 4 picks the highest you could go would be the #11 spot, and I seriously doubt that Chris Long will be there at 11.

Again according to the NFL Draft Value chart, the #21 is worth 945, your second rounder pick is worth 380, the first 7th rounder is only worth 6.2. The last 7th round pick is #35 in the 7th is has zero value. Besides it is a comp pick and teams cannot trade those. So total value of the 3 eligible picks is 1331.2. To get into the top 5 you would need at LEAST 1,675.

So the highest you could go to trade up in the first with the picks you mentioned is around the #11 spot.
Well, the draft trade value chart is horribly outdated, and any team that had a top 5 selection and turned down an offer for the 21st pick, a 2nd rounder, and a 7th probably needs to fire everyone involved. Especially since the chances of landing a stud at 21 are close to what they are at 5, and you wont be paying as much. Plus you get two extra picks.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #19
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, the draft trade value chart is horribly outdated, and any team that had a top 5 selection and turned down an offer for the 21st pick, a 2nd rounder, and a 7th probably needs to fire everyone involved. Especially since the chances of landing a stud at 21 are close to what they are at 5, and you wont be paying as much. Plus you get two extra picks.
Not outdated, I use the new draft chart which just came out in 2008.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote