Monksdown
The Starter

Plex with the ole Steelers
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #17
itvnetop
Playmaker

If Mike falls to the Skins at 9, I will cry tears of joy for at least an hour... I've seen this guy play for two entire years. I saw Keyshawn Johnson play his senior season. Trust me, there's no comparison.

I've seen Mike Williams work out with SC the past year while still in non-playing status. He's not lazy- quite the opposite. According to reports, he's improved his 40 time to 4.43, more than a tenth of a second faster than his time after his sophomore year- if he indeed gained weight, anyone who has ever run the 40 (or any type of sprint) will tell you that this improvement cannot come from fat (if anything, it's more muscle). A tenth of a second in the 40 equates to a longer distance than ya think.

I just hope he doesn't run the same speed in the combine. A 6'5 wideout, who doesn't drop the ball, runs a sub 4.5, can blow most corners off the line with his sheer strength, and isn't a headcase will climb into the top 5... again, it's a lock if he runs under a 4.5.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #18
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown
Plex with the ole Steelers

Burress doesn't run sub 4.4 and if he did at his size that would be even more of a deterent to sign him, because he would far to unproductive for that kind of physical prowess.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:30 PM   #19
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
If Mike falls to the Skins at 9, I will cry tears of joy for at least an hour... I've seen this guy play for two entire years. I saw Keyshawn Johnson play his senior season. Trust me, there's no comparison.

I've seen Mike Williams work out with SC the past year while still in non-playing status. He's not lazy- quite the opposite. According to reports, he's improved his 40 time to 4.43, more than a tenth of a second faster than his time after his sophomore year- if he indeed gained weight, anyone who has ever run the 40 (or any type of sprint) will tell you that this improvement cannot come from fat (if anything, it's more muscle). A tenth of a second in the 40 equates to a longer distance than ya think.

I just hope he doesn't run the same speed in the combine. A 6'5 wideout, who doesn't drop the ball, runs a sub 4.5, can blow most corners off the line with his sheer strength, and isn't a headcase will climb into the top 5... again, it's a lock if he runs under a 4.5.

William's is the only reciever I have had a chance to see a little of and I totally agree I said it in another thread as well there is no comparison to Keyshawn, this kid has the attitude that Gibb's loves, he's bigger and stronger than Keyshawn, and as far as his hand's are concerned Keyshawn could only dream of hand's like William's, I think the kid will be a special player, I really haven't seen the other WR's to make a fair assesment, but William's look's like the kind of player that all you have to do is throw it up and he will come down with it his straight line speed no matter how fast it is isn't going to make him a star, it's his ability to position and out jump the defender and make the tough catches that's where he will make his bones, I would like to see more highlights of him to refresh my memory but I thought a lot of him last year and think your right on about him Itvnetop.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Williams is really headed for the possession type of mold, going over the middle, out-jumping and positioning for catches, and being a solid redzone threat. I'd love to have him, IF he can make an impact quickly and IF Coles' toe is healthy enough to allow him to be a deep threat. Every offense needs 1 deep threat and 1 dependable possession receiver in a go-to situation, like third down and 7. Coles is driving me nuts how he won't get surgery on that stinkin toe. He got better as the year went on, but I still didn't see him going deep. That was probably the coaching staff's decision not to send him deep. But if Coles' toe won't allow him to be the deep threat we need him to be, then I don't think Mike Williams is the answer for us.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote