Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

One Last Luck vs RGIII Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

One Last Luck vs RGIII Thread

NFL draft: Andrew Luck keeps low profile while RGIII soars - The Early Lead - The Washington Post

I recently read this article about Luck's arrival in New York. Very, very low profile. It is said that during these past few months all he has been doing is studying film with Tom Moore. Analyzing plays and defenses in the NFL.

RGIII, like it or not has been enjoying the hype machine. Making appearances everywhere and making money for himself. Don't get me wrong, I want to know more about our future QB, but is he more sizzle, than steak? Is he out in the media too much? Would you rather he be studying tape and disecting how to deal with NFL defensive fronts than on the front page of ESPN the magazine.

Im afraid all this hype can set him and us up for failure. What does the Warpath think?

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: One Last Luck vs RGIII Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
NFL draft: Andrew Luck keeps low profile while RGIII soars - The Early Lead - The Washington Post

I recently read this article about Luck's arrival in New York. Very, very low profile. It is said that during these past few months all he has been doing is studying film with Tom Moore. Analyzing plays and defenses in the NFL.

RGIII, like it or not has been enjoying the hype machine. Making appearances everywhere and making money for himself. Don't get me wrong, I want to know more about our future QB, but is he more sizzle, than steak? Is he out in the media too much? Would you rather he be studying tape and disecting how to deal with NFL defensive fronts than on the front page of ESPN the magazine.

Im afraid all this hype can set him and us up for failure. What does the Warpath think?
It's not an either/or. Griffin has been making media appearances AND studying tape with Kyle.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
diehardskin2982

I'd like to believe that but, the more time out making appearances= less time with chalk talk. Plus doesn't Kyle need to get ready for the draft, how much time does he have to travel to texas? I know it was reported but how muchof that report was to fuel the hype machine.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:

That has been my fear recently as well. I hope this all sort of calms down after the draft, but I would rather him have his nose in the playbook too.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I'd like to believe that but, the more time out making appearances= less time with chalk talk. Plus doesn't Kyle need to get ready for the draft, how much time does he have to travel to texas? I know it was reported but how muchof that report was to fuel the hype machine.
And Tony Romo's golfing has kept him from having a 100+ qb rating. Oh wait...

It's the offseason, the kid hasn't even been picked yet, and was working on a Master's in Law. I am not really concerned that he won't grasp the idea of how to study a playbook.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Luck is boring and he is going to a small market team. At least that is what I think the media thinks of him. All the RG3 hype has been pretty much created by the media, and he has handled it very well. I don't think he's said anything stupid and the only negative things out there are Albert Breer's insistence on reporting something negative about RG3.

As we know, RG3 has spent time or is spending time with Kyle S. studying the playbook, and I am sure this will be stepped up after the draft.

Also, isn't Tom Moore working for the Jets right now?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well Tom Moore is not with the Jets anymore.

Also, much of Luck's low profile is not necessarily by his choosing. He's not the most "charming" person so media companies/advertisers are not heavily pursuing him. Not yet at least
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

As to the thread title, if this actually is the LAST Luck vs RGIII thread, I will be astounded.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well Tom Moore is not with the Jets anymore.

Also, much of Luck's low profile is not necessarily by his choosing. He's not the most "charming" person so media companies/advertisers are not heavily pursuing him. Not yet at least
I know there was a lot of media hype behind Newton...I can't remember being this much hype for any of the other first round QBs before last year.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As to the thread title, if this actually is the LAST Luck vs RGIII thread, I will be astounded.
I thought the same thing
Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
diehardskin2982

LOL Last RGIII/ Luck thread title, not hardly!

What do you guys think in terms of the hype machine and if that is setting the Redskins up for failure? We gave up 2 additional first rounders and a 2nd round pick plus all the hype. This could become the biggest mistake in NFL history (Devil's Advocate moment) thoughts?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Luck is boring and he is going to a small market team. At least that is what I think the media thinks of him. All the RG3 hype has been pretty much created by the media, and he has handled it very well. I don't think he's said anything stupid and the only negative things out there are Albert Breer's insistence on reporting something negative about RG3.

As we know, RG3 has spent time or is spending time with Kyle S. studying the playbook, and I am sure this will be stepped up after the draft.

Also, isn't Tom Moore working for the Jets right now?
With the new CBA, will RG3 and Kyle be allowed to continue their training sessions or are the current workouts simply workout and no film study?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

I think it just comes down to their different personalities. Luck is more low key, RG3 embraces the spotlight. Neither is the right or wrong way, they're just different guys. I wouldn't assume that just because RG3 is more in the spotlight that he's not working his tail off when it comes to football. Luck has had his share of magazine covers too.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Luck is going on Letterman's show before the draft. So much for a low profile.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL Last RGIII/ Luck thread title, not hardly!

What do you guys think in terms of the hype machine and if that is setting the Redskins up for failure? We gave up 2 additional first rounders and a 2nd round pick plus all the hype. This could become the biggest mistake in NFL history (Devil's Advocate moment) thoughts?
I was one of the few that was 100% against the trade and still am. I think after the draft, and once all the hype is settled, he'll get is head in the playbook and start grinding. We're not going to know if this trade was a mistake until a few years down the line.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote