Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Injuries and What can be done

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins Injuries and What can be done

So the last 3-4 seasons have been basically terrible for the team and injuries. I know football outsiders had a stat last year where we had been one of the most injured team when it came to quality players/starters ranking in the bottom 3 in the league in consecutive seasons.

Now I wake up to this:

An infection in Derrius Guice's torn ACL required three additional knee surgeries and brings his 2019 availability into question.

Guice tore his ACL last preseason and should've made a smooth recovery, but the infection severely complicated his rehab. The infection lasted two months after Guice's ACL tear, "prompting seven weeks of heavy rounds of antibiotics through a catheter in his arm." Guice admitted there is "no specific timeline" for his return. This is especially unfortunate news after Alex Smith's complicated broken-leg surgery put Smith's NFL future into doubt.

I just don't understand it...are these the same doctors? I don't know how the Redskins handle medicals, do they have like a health vendor who treats the team?

I honestly I think the team needs to look at all these injuries the last 3 years, procedures, recovery, etc. How the team trains and prepares physically for the season. Something is simply not working. The freak injuries during the game, certainly some cant be avoided...Brandon Schreff or Chris Thompson for example. But how the medical staff handles guys like Paul Richardson, Quinton Dunbar injuries seem incompetent.

People forget this year Trent Williams coming from major surgery this past offseason had complications and had to have procedures during this season which were seen as corrective measures.

This isn't just dumb luck or a curse...this is once again a franchise disorganized in every facet. It seems a lot of these injuries are not being handled correctly and the team isn't training or preparing for the season properly. Also, the team isn't being properly consulted by medical staff as it develops a roster....Lauvoa, Richardson, Doctson...we need to remove a team building strategy of signing and drafting guys with injuries. It makes zero sense to add people to a roster who have injury concerns on a team with injury issues.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote