Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Anyone hear Cerrato on DC101?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #16
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

i'm convinced the skins are gonna take winslow jr.i just do not think gibbs can pass up such an outstanding tightend.do'nt forget the genetics this kid brings either.plus i think by gibbs knowing his dad for so long and even coaching him in san diego,will find it easier to sign the kid and not have a holdout.
by the way,is'nt the qb from kentucky up close to 300lbs?
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2004, 04:35 PM   #17
cpayne5
Playmaker

If Winslow can keep his mouth shut, I wouldn't mind having him. It certainly would give the O an extra dimension. Taylor would be great as well...
I like the idea of taking one of those two rather than trading down.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Winslow isn't really THAT big of a talker. He's a special player and I wouldn't be upset one bit if we drafted him. However I feel Taylor and Winslow are our two choices.

As far as not having any D. The Vikes and the Chiefs would KILL for our current secondary and LB crew.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of having a top notch TE like Winslow. I'm sure Gibbs would find a way to get more involved in the offense, just because his offense historically didn't feature the TE doesn't mean he can't start now.

A TE like Winslow would do wonders for opening things up on the outside for Coles and Gardner. Now that would be a scary offense, Brunell, Portis, Coles, Gardner and Winslow!? Wow!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM   #20
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I have a friend who's a die hard Miami fan and watches all their games. From what he says Winslow is a lot better blocker than what people say and has the hands of a top notch receiver. Not to mention the perfect mix of speed and power. He's definitly a good choice, but I think Taylor is good too. I think the deciding factor will be personallity and work ethic for Gibbs.

I'm fine with both, but leaning towards Taylor. And I'm an offensive guy!

The defensive scheme williams goes with will affect a lot. I know we were speculating the 4-6 D a while back, but it seems like the chances of that has all but disappeared. However with a mediocre line in front of us and great LB / Dback signings we might be doing it. Who knows! If we are I think Taylor is important!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #21
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

i think the offesive side of gibbs will come out and he'll take winslow.just call it a feeling.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of having a top notch TE like Winslow. I'm sure Gibbs would find a way to get more involved in the offense, just because his offense historically didn't feature the TE doesn't mean he can't start now.

A TE like Winslow would do wonders for opening things up on the outside for Coles and Gardner. Now that would be a scary offense, Brunell, Portis, Coles, Gardner and Winslow!? Wow!
Mattyk, by adding Winslow how do you see McCants and Jacobs fitting in? Also, do you think Chad Morton will be a big part of the offense?
Old 03-09-2004, 05:50 PM   #23
cpayne5
Playmaker

Or he'll look at how the D played last year (like that long TD to Miami, for instance) and feel that he needs to bolster his secondary and go for Taylor. Who knows what will end up happening on draft day.
Matt Millen may pull a Ditka and trade his entire next 2 drafts just to swap spots with us to choose Winslow.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #24
Defensewins
Playmaker

I heard Taylor's work out went well. 4.5 in the 40 for a 6'3" 230 pound safety is great.
All the U. of Miami players ran on a slow grass field. Only two WR's ran a slighly faster time than Sean on that day, everyone else was slower, including TE Kellen Winslow.
I think teams are starting to to send out misinformation. They hope Taylor will slide out of the top 5. I know several teams are drooling to get Taylor. Taylor is #1 on the Lions board and they have the 6th pick.
Taylor ranks 3rd on Mel Kiper's draft board (based on pure talent-not on team needs or draft order) only behind Larry Fitzgerald and Mike Williams.
A very respected unidentified GM said, "Sean Taylor has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and agility... brutally hard hitter who also displays excellent skills as a coverage man and in run support... maybe the next Ronnie Lott"
I say we take him!
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:16 PM   #25
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
I heard Taylor's work out went well. 4.5 in the 40 for a 6'3" 230 pound safety is great.
All the U. of Miami players ran on a slow grass field. Only two WR's ran a slighly faster time than Sean on that day, everyone else was slower, including TE Kellen Winslow.
I think teams are starting to to send out misinformation. They hope Taylor will slide out of the top 5. I know several teams are drooling to get Taylor. Taylor is #1 on the Lions board and they have the 6th pick.
Taylor ranks 3rd on Mel Kiper's draft board (based on pure talent-not on team needs or draft order) only behind Larry Fitzgerald and Mike Williams.
A very respected unidentified GM said, "Sean Taylor has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and agility... brutally hard hitter who also displays excellent skills as a coverage man and in run support... maybe the next Ronnie Lott"
I say we take him!
I read today where Taylor didn't have a good showing - slower than expected and wasn't in the best of shape. I still think we should take him, though.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:21 PM   #26
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
I read today where Taylor didn't have a good showing - slower than expected and wasn't in the best of shape. I still think we should take him, though.
That is propaganda...misinformation.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:29 PM   #27
Defensewins
Playmaker

Who cares about a 40 time or work out in early March? Emmitt Smith had a slow 40 time in his work out and he was drafted in the bottom of the 1st round. Two super bowls later, the NFL's all-time leading rusher will retire and get inducted to the hall of fame. How well a guy works outs and 40 time does not determine how good of a football player you will be. If so Trung Canidate and Mike Mamula would be the best players in the NFL.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:50 PM   #28
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

They should hang a picture of Emmitt's O line up in the HOF for leading rusher, not him!

I heard someone else post Taylor was coming off a Hammy injury. If he runs that well with a hamstring, then the kid must blaze like DeAngelo Hall!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:06 PM   #29
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I have a friend who's a die hard Miami fan and watches all their games. From what he says Winslow is a lot better blocker than what people say and has the hands of a top notch receiver. Not to mention the perfect mix of speed and power.
I've heard similar things from various sources. Winslow's blocking ability has really been underplayed on this board. Not being a big college football fan, I didn't get to see much of him during the season, and assumed that because he had a reputation for being such a great pass-catcher, he was probably not a very good blocker. Apparently, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:
He's definitly a good choice, but I think Taylor is good too. I think the deciding factor will be personallity and work ethic for Gibbs.

I'm fine with both, but leaning towards Taylor. And I'm an offensive guy!
I'm okay with either one, too, but I just have an uneasy feeling in my gut about the defense right now, whereas I feel pretty comfortable with the offensive players that are already on the roster. I feel like Taylor is the safer and more beneficial pick for the team overall.

Quote:
The defensive scheme williams goes with will affect a lot. I know we were speculating the 4-6 D a while back, but it seems like the chances of that has all but disappeared. However with a mediocre line in front of us and great LB / Dback signings we might be doing it. Who knows! If we are I think Taylor is important!
I'm sure Gregg Williams is licking his chops at the thought of having Taylor to use in any scheme, though the 46 would be ideal for a hybrid safety like him. But like you said, if we don't take Taylor, the 46 is a no-go.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #30
EEich
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
I heard Taylor's work out went well.
I heard just the opposite... his workout sucked ass. He came in fat and out of shape. He had a low number of reps and tweaked his hammy during the run (an excuse?). I still want him though.

Last edited by EEich; 03-09-2004 at 09:00 PM.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote