Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Grade the signing of Adrian Peterson (5 the best, 1 the worst)
5 11 26.19%
4 10 23.81%
3 13 30.95%
2 3 7.14%
1 1 2.38%
0 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #91
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Holy crap, he gave the kid a beating that made welts and drew blood. Anyone who claims that was normal discipline for a kid back in the day did not look at the pictures or has a perception of the past that is 100% wrong. I grew up in the 60's, the rule of thumb was if it left a mark that was there the next day or drew blood it was child abuse. My dad was a cop and a child abuser, he made sure he inflicted his pain without leaving lingering marks or drawing blood.
I didn't mean to imply it was normal, but it wasn't as abnormal as it is in today's society. And it's a good thing that he was punished and made an example of.
Bottom line, he's a Redskin for this year, probably no more. If he can help the team, and not raise new off field issues, than I will root for the team with him.

I think the comparison most likely to change my point of view is MVick, because I could never root for that guy after all the abuse of the dogs, so maybe I am hypocritical because I won't put the same level of disgust on AP's time as a Redskin. I think the fact that he is legitimately a last option type candidate helps, and the fact that they could cut him tomorrow if he acts out in any way.

I dunno, tough case, and like Ruhskins said, I don't think anyone faults those whose opinion is that this stinks to high heaven.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #92
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Were people up in arms this much when we signed Stallworth? Just curious, because I honestly can't remember. And I think that was the last time the team signed someone with a troubled past/issue.

Technically Gallette was, but I don't think nothing came about of that alleged video of him in a fight.

I feel that for the most part, the team has stayed away from these type of players/situations (unlike Dallas).
Two totally different situations. In Stallworth's case, he hit someone who was walking outside of a crosswalk at night and very well could have been found innocent if he had gone to trial.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #93
Schneed10
A Dude

I really don’t understand the morality police thing. You’re a fan of the team, worry about whether he can still play. Your opinions on whether his debts to society are satisfactorily paid are irrelevant.

Don’t kid yourselves, you’re going to continue rooting for the Skins no matter who they sign. So STFU and worry about football.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #94
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He is 33, so he was born in 85, his parents likely were born in the 1940's, as a society, we have come a long way in a generation or two from what was socially acceptable. But individual families are not all so enlightened as the wise members of the warpath.

It's terrible to whip your kids like he did, but I do remember the paddle that hung in our laundry room as a reminder/warning, and I think my older brother may have felt it's sting once or twice.

My parents were born in the 50s and you name it I have been hit with it: Shoes, open hand, closed fists, a cook spoon out of hot soup, a phone, my beatings even consisted of a 2x4 for a while. Hell I got called a bitch by my father at 6 and told I was the only problem in his life, had my nose broken because I missed the bus in 5th grade, and these arent even the worst things of the "discipline" I am just saying that this has nothing to do with him playing and people act like it happened this morning. Has he been accused or found guilty since this incident before??

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #95
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He’s wearing #26 in case anyone was worried about that
I was hoping he wouldn't wear that number. I have a Clinton Portis jersey I still wear and I don't won't people to think I'm showing support to AD.

Keeping the focus strictly on football and what he may or may not be able to do, Adrian Peterson avg 3.1 yds behind the worst O-line, in Ari. The Redskins had the 12th best line last year. *Already he's in a better place to excel.

Not to mention The Cardinals and The Saints employ ZBS and AP works better in PRS, which Jay likes to run. *Couple that with basically having a year off, due to his neck injury giving his legs a chance to rest he has a 50 50 chance off working out here. *We'll have to wait and see?
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #96
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Did he already pay his debt legally and to the NFL? Yes.

Has he been accused of anything remotely close to this since then? No.

Ok, lets play some fucking football.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:39 AM   #97
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I really don’t understand the morality police thing. You’re a fan of the team, worry about whether he can still play. Your opinions on whether his debts to society are satisfactorily paid are irrelevant.

Don’t kid yourselves, you’re going to continue rooting for the Skins no matter who they sign. So STFU and worry about football.
This how I feel about it.
This is why modern societies have justice systems, with professionals knowing the laws, studying the case, the defendant defending his case, a jury hearing all that for several days of trial before making a decision.
The internet courtroom would sentence everybody to life in a minute without having access to any element of the case...

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 08-22-2018 at 06:07 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:01 AM   #98
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

You don't tell me who I can and can't root for, so you shut the fuck up.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #99
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You don't tell me who I can and can't root for, so you shut the fuck up.
Exactly, and this guy beat welts on a 4 year old, I don't need to hear his side of the story. I don't care how he was raised, I was raised by a wife beating child abuser and I have done neither. I have been punched in the face 3 times by women & hit with a frying pan over my lifetime and just turned and walked away.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #100
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

AD had his issues dating back to College, Multiple baby momma's , kids child support issues , etc.. He seems mature now, and TBH I could care less what any player does off the field, they don't pay my bills. I'm a fan of the team not 1 or 2 players. Just like Kirk leaving, yeah it sucked for a couple days then its on to Alex.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #101
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

For me it's another case of separating the player from the person. I didn't like Junior Galette either after that video I saw, but still wanted him to have success.

Not knowing AP personally, whose to say he hasn't changed his ways since those events? We don't know how he was raised either, plenty of people from different walks of life grow up desensitized to certain acts or continue the cycle from being abused as a child to being an abuser as an adult.

All I know is I root for the uniform. In any form of entertainment, you learn to separate the person from the talent. Should I feel guilty for enjoying The Patriot because Mel Gibson is an anti-Semitic POS?

With all that being said, my opinion only speaks for myself. I know from what he did it is unforgiveable for a lot of people, and I have no problem with that. We're all entitled to our own opinion.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #102
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

For those vehemently opposed, how will it affect your rooting for the team? Hypothetically if the skuns were to win the NFC and AP was voted comeback player of the year, would you not join in the celebration?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #103
SkinzzFan
Special Teams

Low risk, possibly high reward.

I'm not concerned with what he did in his past (that doesn't mean I'm ok with it). It's simply not my place to say he can no longer work (football is his job right now) or live his life. I'm a fan of the Washington Redskins and I want them to win games! If he can help, I'm all for it. There are plenty of other public figures and people in my own community who have done terrible things. I'm not going to stand in front of their place of work screaming that they shouldn't be allowed to make a living. I don't waste my time and energy on something I am no where near and have no control over. He did what he did and everyone involved has moved on the best way they can. Fans, who have nothing to do with it, should do the same. HAIL!!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #104
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For those vehemently opposed, how will it affect your rooting for the team? Hypothetically if the skuns were to win the NFC and AP was voted comeback player of the year, would you not join in the celebration?
I could care less if he won comeback player of the year. I WOULD NOT celebrate that at all. I'm sure Dan and Bruce already have their marketing plan ready if AP does well. I'd rather roll with the guys we have, Perine, Bibbs, Kelly, CT and a healthy Marshall then root for AP. Year after year in the NFL we see no name RB's have great years. Plus AP fumbles and we already have Perine to do that. But give those guys running lanes (maybe except Kelly) and they'll gain yards. Hell even Kelly had one big game against Green Bay.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #105
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I could care less if he won comeback player of the year. I WOULD NOT celebrate that at all. I'm sure Dan and Bruce already have their marketing plan ready if AP does well.
Right, because this was a preplanned move that's been in the works for a while, and not a response dictated by the multiple injuries we have at the position.

Quote:
I'd rather roll with the guys we have, Perine, Bibbs, Kelly, CT and a healthy Marshall then root for AP. Year after year in the NFL we see no name RB's have great years.
Right, because the same squad that couldn't get the job done last year can be expected to do a better job this year. When was the last year we had a no-name RB have a big year for us again?

Quote:
Plus AP fumbles and we already have Perine to do that. But give those guys running lanes (maybe except Kelly) and they'll gain yards. Hell even Kelly had one big game against Green Bay.
Right, because fumbles were the reason he was let go from the Saints (two stud RB's) and Cardinals (crappy o-line) last year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote