Thread Hell

Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #61
dall-assblows
The Starter

Re: Breaking News - CNN - Al Qaeda Plan NFL Stadium Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJoeGibbs View Post
Southpark, lame Cowboy guy.
that reminds me new southpark tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #62
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Southpark, lame Cowboy guy.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #63
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Not to turn this into a political debate, but here's an interesting take on why the terrorists hate us.

Warning: Not for the flag-wavers who think America always walks among the innocent.

When Will We Learn?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #64
FRPLG
MVP

[QUOTE=MightyJoeGibbs;231124]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Wow, chill. I wasn't calling YOU ignorant or anything. It is a saying and I thought you not wanting to know everything fit with the ignorance is bliss type idea.

The peace remains. Know if you don't intend that then leave it alone, I may pull your card on it.
Peace it is
It's a deal. Kumbaya..
Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #65
MightyJoeGibbs
The Starter

Whatever lock it up. WP isnt about Political talk.

Hate talk is inevitable when we have to wait another 12 months for a possible chance to have respect for the Skins we love were present.
Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank"and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind. --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #66
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Not to turn this into a political debate, but here's an interesting take on why the terrorists hate us.

Warning: Not for the flag-wavers who think America always walks among the innocent.

When Will We Learn?
What a load of bollocks this article is:

First of all, stop the hysteria. Stand back and ask how this could have happened. Ask how a prosperous country isolated by two oceans could have so embroiled itself in other people's business that someone would want to do us harm. Even sitting in the middle of Europe, Switzerland isn't beset by terrorist attacks, because the Swiss mind their own business.

Anyone who thinks that islam is reacting to current events needs an education in the 'Religion of Peace'. Spread by the sword and coming to a town near you, sooner than you think.

Idiot liberals are just making it easier for them to do so.

'83 they blew up the Marines barracks because they were infidels on islamic soil. The Marines were there as a peacekeeping force saving the lebanese from getting their asses handed to them by the Israelis.

Now can we lock the thread or move it to the Parking Lot?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #67
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
What a load of bollocks this article is:

First of all, stop the hysteria. Stand back and ask how this could have happened. Ask how a prosperous country isolated by two oceans could have so embroiled itself in other people's business that someone would want to do us harm. Even sitting in the middle of Europe, Switzerland isn't beset by terrorist attacks, because the Swiss mind their own business.

Anyone who thinks that islam is reacting to current events needs an education in the 'Religion of Peace'. Spread by the sword and coming to a town near you, sooner than you think.

Idiot liberals are just making it easier for them to do so.

'83 they blew up the Marines barracks because they were infidels on islamic soil. The Marines were there as a peacekeeping force saving the lebanese from getting their asses handed to them by the Israelis.
Now can we lock the thread or move it to the Parking Lot?
That was the issue the article raised. Had the Marines not been there, acting as a peacekeeping force which is not what they're trained to do, and overall, ensuring that the United States Government keeps its nose out of business of the rest of the world, we wouldn't have lost 243 Marines. And maintaining a foreign policy of non-intervention might not have pissed off the Arab world to begin with.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:52 PM   #68
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

They were already pissed off. The goal of islam is to be THE ONLY RELIGION.

It will happen sooner or later and we can either fight them there or here. Neither is a good choice but 'there' is marginally better.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #69
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
That was the issue the article raised. Had the Marines not been there, acting as a peacekeeping force which is not what they're trained to do, and overall, ensuring that the United States Government keeps its nose out of business of the rest of the world, we wouldn't have lost 243 Marines. And maintaining a foreign policy of non-intervention might not have pissed off the Arab world to begin with.
It's an issue totally worth discussion but I liken that kind to thought to the idea that I am asking for someone to steal my car when I buy a nice one.

We are a super power. We depend on many different parts of the world for many different things so it is our best interest to be involved. In fact I would also say we have a moral obligation to help other countries when we can. We are often asked(and sometime begged) to intervene. I think we should become somewhat more isolationist but not some much that we aren't around to stop the next holocaust. What would have happened if we had minded our own business there? It's a big time double edge sword that I don't think there is a clear answer to. It isn't a simple situation like democrats and republicans seem to want us all to believe.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #70
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
I dont think AMericans really need to know everytime a rocket is aimed at our heads. Fear tactics are being used to push Acts to be signed. I prefer to not hear of such matters, it serves us no purpose to know.
i totally agree. with the upcoming elections, it seems the G.O.P wants everyone terrified. in reality they are the ones running scared
Old 10-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #71
dmek25
MVP

i agree frplg, but... dont we have enough problems in the good old U.S.A to solve first? lets help ourselves before lending our hands to others
Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #72
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i agree frplg, but... dont we have enough problems in the good old U.S.A to solve first? lets help ourselves before lending our hands to others
I second that totally. I hate our political system. It doesn't work. There is a reason that when we are so called "building" these democracies we don't epouse our system. Our system is dysfunctional. It prevents the will of the majority from being the rule and lets the loudest few rule. And it has nothing to do with democrats and repiblicans. Blaming them is like blaming the Capitals for hockey sucking. It is everything.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #73
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I second that totally. I hate our political system. It doesn't work. There is a reason that when we are so called "building" these democracies we don't epouse our system. Our system is dysfunctional. It prevents the will of the majority from being the rule and lets the loudest few rule. And it has nothing to do with democrats and repiblicans. Blaming them is like blaming the Capitals for hockey sucking. It is everything.
1) Tell me a better Government... and explain why.

2) I agree, it's wrong to impose government on a people... but is it wrong to profide relief for a failing one? It raises some serious morality issues when talking about imposing ones culuture on another one. One example is (sorry for the crudeness) female circumcision is widely considered a terrible inhumane practice by most of the western world, however in several countries it's commonly pracited and considered a moral thing to do. Do we have the right to impose our beliefs on other cultures. I think it parallels your point in a way.

3) Do you really wan't the majority to rule. Look around you, seriously. Go to a city and poll people on what they think is good policy. It's not pretty. That's why I like our system. It isn't really a democracy at all. It's really a polyarchy... but I won't get into that. The problem is $. We need to get money out of politics in order for the greed to get out of our policy makers hands. If you've got one issue which is right, and then another with a free dollar in your pocket if you vote for it... that clouds the judgement of anyone. Lets get money out of politics... and that starts with electing John McCain president. He cuts the pork that's attatched to so many bills... He's trying to rid the money involved and that's the direction this country needs to go in.

If you want to know how bad some pork is... look at the emergency war spending bill and you'll be baffled at the amount of illegitimate crap is attatched to it. But since it's an emergency bill, people have to vote for it... no matter how much crap that is attached. It sucks.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #74
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I apologize for going political on thewarpath... but seeing as it was already in an off-topic forum, and politics was already being discussed, I deemed it an appropriate response.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #75
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
2) I agree, it's wrong to impose government on a people... but is it wrong to profide relief for a failing one? It raises some serious morality issues when talking about imposing ones culuture on another one. One example is (sorry for the crudeness) female circumcision is widely considered a terrible inhumane practice by most of the western world, however in several countries it's commonly pracited and considered a moral thing to do. Do we have the right to impose our beliefs on other cultures. I think it parallels your point in a way.
A moral thing to do - by men.

What if it was a matriarchal society that decided it was a moral thing to castrate every male over the age of 18? You guys would be signin up left and right to impose the belief that you should keep your gonads.