Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Thread Hell

Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Darrell Green Apperence Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Did you have a bad encounter with Green?
Well first I heard the same things I am saying about Green, from other people. I seriously doubted it, but while at dinner once, somehow Green came up, and my dad started going off about how he cares about his own stuff and blah blah. Apparently he went to a signing, and I think he didnt have a check, only cash, and he was trying to get something extra signed for my older cousin, who was huge fan. Green refused to sign, even though my dad had paid 30 some dollars(Back in the day). Apparently Green gave him alot of attitude as well.

To the best of my knowledge, Green tends to only sign things at his events.
From what I have from others, and my dad, he seems a bit selfish IMO.

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #17
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Like I said, you obviously haven't met him. Most of the bell ringers do that bc they care about people, not about how the Salvation Army looks.

Green only gives a damn about his name and his charity. It is great he is giving back, I am all for that. He is doing in the wrong way, and he doesn't give crap if it doesn't have anything to do with him.
Seems like you have something negative to say about every Redskin either former or current. I saw him at the NFL Experience down in New Orleans when they had the SuperBowl there last and he was extremely nice, just seems like you have something against them. are you a cowturds fan dressed in Burgundy and Gold?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Did you have a bad encounter with Green?
Probaby did, he wouldnt go to his Highschool Graduation or something like that.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #19
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28 View Post
Seems like you have something negative to say about every Redskin either former or current. I saw him at the NFL Experience down in New Orleans when they had the SuperBowl there last and he was extremely nice, just seems like you have something against them. are you a cowturds fan dressed in Burgundy and Gold?
Dude I never said crap to you, and you dont even know me. Jeez chillout. Who else have I said something negative about?

Don't sit here and judge my fanhood.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM   #20
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

he gave my brother an autograph after practice one day...said, "you've been waiting out here in the rain, the least I can do is give you an autograph"

When I was little I sent my only Darrell Green card to him with a note attached asking him to sign it. A year later he sent it back in the mail with his signature...I don't know where anyone would get that this guy is a jerk. At his events, he has a right to want things that are going towards his charity...its HIS even.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
hooskins

Like people have said before, it is their personal experience, and this is mine. If you dont like it, then too bad.

God it is like you cant ever say anything about a player that MIGHT be negative.

Whatever, Im out.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 PM   #22
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

its just that its a redskin, and Darrell Green for that matter...no one should be attacking you personally, its just hard for us to believe a guy like green would be a jerk...he has been a class act his entire NFL career
Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I guess perception isn't always reality. I mean on a professional level working with Darrell Green was always a huge pain. Loved him on the field though. Dana Stubblefield on the other hand was awesome to hang with, regret us signing him though.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #24
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace View Post
its just that its a redskin, and Darrell Green for that matter...no one should be attacking you personally, its just hard for us to believe a guy like green would be a jerk...he has been a class act his entire NFL career
being a good NFL player and being a jerk are not mutually exclusive.

he wouldn't let anyone on the entire team promote their charities unless HIS charity got equal air time (so if 5 player wanted 2 minutes each to talk about their different charities, he'd need 10 minutes for himself). At comcast sportsnet when he was there to promote one of his charaties, someone asked him for an autograph for his kid (who was standing there at the time) and he asked "what's in it for me?" when told the joy of making a child happy, he responded with "that's not good enough" and he didn't sign.

there's about 400 more examples, but those are a couple off the top of my head. It's well documented though.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:59 AM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
At comcast sportsnet when he was there to promote one of his charaties, someone asked him for an autograph for his kid (who was standing there at the time) and he asked "what's in it for me?" when told the joy of making a child happy, he responded with "that's not good enough" and he didn't sign.
Just to clarify that was at another station, not comcast sportsnet. But bottom line, not everyone has had a pleasant experience with him, though some have. Yet we all agree that on the field he was one of the greatest ever.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:13 AM   #26
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
being a good NFL player and being a jerk are not mutually exclusive.

he wouldn't let anyone on the entire team promote their charities unless HIS charity got equal air time (so if 5 player wanted 2 minutes each to talk about their different charities, he'd need 10 minutes for himself). At comcast sportsnet when he was there to promote one of his charaties, someone asked him for an autograph for his kid (who was standing there at the time) and he asked "what's in it for me?" when told the joy of making a child happy, he responded with "that's not good enough" and he didn't sign.

there's about 400 more examples, but those are a couple off the top of my head. It's well documented though.
Thank you, I told you all I was not the only one of this opinion. And I am not surprised at all about this incident, goes in line with my father's encounter.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #27
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

If someone had a bad personal experience with Green, then let them have their opinion, we know he is a good guy and the possibly the greatest reskin ever, but maybe he got him on a bad day. Even Gibbs probably has bad days.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #28
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
If someone had a bad personal experience with Green, then let them have their opinion, we know he is a good guy and the possibly the greatest reskin ever, but maybe he got him on a bad day. Even Gibbs probably has bad days.
Apparently you are not reading the posts. You can be a great player and a jerk off the field. Like That Guy said, this isnt just me on my wild Green hating fantasy.

I understand it may be out of people's comfort zones to even think of Green like this.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #29
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Ok Green is a jerk.......happy? Then what is bmitch? I wish we had those jerks on the team now.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:08 AM   #30
hooskins

Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
Ok Green is a jerk.......happy? Then what is bmitch? I wish we had those jerks on the team now.
Did I ever say Green was a bad player? Ever? Go back and read my posts before you flip buddy. Of Green is one of the greatest all time, and I love him for that. He was a class act on the field, and hey maybe off the field to. I personally think he is mean off the field, and others do too, but like people have said before it is a legit opinion.

Sheesh, everyone gets all upset when a Redskins player is involved. I swear if I were talking about Jerry Rice(not saying he is a bad guy, just an example), everyone would seriously accept it.