Brunell

Thread Hell

Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 AM   #31
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Brunell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
If it is that huge a cap hit then that changes things, but this goes back to my point that Brunell's contract is absurd always was and always will be.
I really don't think he will give us a good restructure, but I hope he does.
It's not absured by Redskin standards. Like it or not, we do it differently then the rest of the league. We backload our deals and this year Brunell's base salary spiked by 2 million. Nothing out of the ordinary. Redskin cap numbers are deceiving.

I hope we seriously cut down on the restructuring. I don't want anymore guarenteed money poured into 2008 and 2009. We need to be able to cut veteran weight if they don't show improvement this year, and we can't do that if we pay their 2008 and 2009 salaries right now (which is in essence what restructuring does).

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 AM   #32
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
If the backup is not named Mark Brunell it is and I repeat is beneficial to this team.
But unless some team cuts their best QB and he signs with us cheap (keep dreaming), we can't improve the QB position by cutting him. Plus, then we have problems with a new guy learning the system, and no contingency plan should Campbell have say a 1-2 week injury.

You keep saying no Brunell is an improvement, but it doesn't seem like you've even thought this one through to yourself yet.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #33
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
But unless some team cuts their best QB and he signs with us cheap (keep dreaming), we can't improve the QB position by cutting him. Plus, then we have problems with a new guy learning the system, and no contingency plan should Campbell have say a 1-2 week injury.

You keep saying no Brunell is an improvement, but it doesn't seem like you've even thought this one through to yourself yet.
Of course the backup has to be Collins when Brunell goes away far far far away.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #34
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Of course the backup has to be Collins when Brunell goes away far far far away.
Considering that you don't save any significant amount of cap space doing that...

Why?

Whats to like about Collins?

Don't say hes not Brunell--thats just circular.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #35
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Considering that you don't save any significant amount of cap space doing that...

Why?

Whats to like about Collins?

Don't say hes not Brunell--thats just circular.
Wait you think Brunell and Collins have similar cap ramifications???? Take a look at that one time.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #36
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Wait you think Brunell and Collins have similar cap ramifications???? Take a look at that one time.
I believe they both have net cap gains of approximately 1.5 million (Brunell about 6 mil salary and 4.5 million hit--Collins about 1.8 salary, but only a .3 hit or something similar), you can correct me if this is way off.

I can't get CC's cap sheets to load right now.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #37
djnemo65
Playmaker

Brunell led us to the playoffs in 2005 and was occasionally brilliant. While there were ample mistakes pertaining to his acquisition that have been discussed ad nauseum here since 2004, I think Mark's play during the 05 season would pretty much eliminate his chances at being the worst move of the decade.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 AM   #38
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Brunell led us to the playoffs in 2005 and was occasionally brilliant. While there were ample mistakes pertaining to his acquisition that have been discussed ad nauseum here since 2004, I think Mark's play during the 05 season would pretty much eliminate his chances at being the worst move of the decade.
How can there be a Brunell bashing thread without me? There can't!

First off Brunells highly overated run to the playoff's was a product of our defense carrying his A** most of the way, our defense personally won our last 3 games with no help from Brunell, I could care less what his stats were that year he was and is a lowsey QB.

We have no backup plan at QB right now, Brunell should have retired 4 years ago, and Collins is horrible, we have more holes than Jenna Jameson with no way to address them, we need CB help, D-line help, safety help, backup QB's, not to mention a starting MLB, and yes we have 1 legitamate pick in the draft to accomplish this with. Not to mention our salary cap is like 10lbs of bologna in a 5lbs bag. But that's what happens when you throw picks away like their meaningless, and hand out signing bonuses, and mega contracts to players, when equal or better talent could be had for reasonable money in the draft if we had a clue, unfortuantly we are lucky if they know where the draft is being held, let alone utilize it to build a winner!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:08 AM   #39
dmek25
MVP

is it really this slow around here? we have bashed brunell enough to last someone for a lifetime. lets move on
Old 02-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What the hell was the point of this thread? Just to vent about a tired topic?

All in favor of locking this thread throw your hands up in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care
Old 02-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #41
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

No Time! Have to work on my Ramsey thread!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #42
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Oh please please please lock this down. It hurts my eyes to see it on the new threads list.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #43
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Should I start with the contract that was so way way over the top that it made the management team look like fools. That wasn't a good idea for the rest of the league to to think we are a team willing to pay big money for garbage. Remind me how that was good for us?
You said Brunell was bad now your pointing to his contract thats another story.So make your case about Brunell he can't help what they paid him or maybe he should have said thats too much money I'm only worth Blank.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #44
hesscl34

Quote:
Can anyone please explain to me how his signing helped the organization. He is Joe Gibb's great mistake. He is my worst nightmare as a Redskin fan. That is how I feel. He got about 25 million more than he ever deserved. No offense, but try to prove me wrong and I will make you look like an idiot. Remember two years out of three he has been the field general of a bad bad bad bad very bad bad overpaid team. I hope he opts out and tests the market, but I promise you he won't. If he does then I will change my mind. Otherwise he is a curse to the team. IMO.
Good grief... not again. You are thinking too much. No ONE player is the source of all of the Skins problems!!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #45
firstdown
Living Legend

I think a good new rule here should be. If you start a new bash Brunell Thread then you have to spend two weeks on the bench or ban from starting new threads.LOL