Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

Thread Hell

Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #16
MTRedskinsFan

Re: It's time for Mr. Synder to step down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Enough with the dumb step down threads already. We still have 7 games to go.
Wisely said. Nothing is changing until after December.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
Lady Brave
The Starter

I know nothing of this "Mr. Synder" you speak of, so I googled his pic. Apparently the franchise has been sold to Capt. Kangaroo.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #18
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I think I should start a thread saying it's time for some Redskins fans to step down.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM   #19
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
In the words of Schneed10, "this thread is retarded"
By the way my orginal post was what you call being sarcastic. It was a response to the post, "Its time for joe to step down." Just look around and you'll likely see it, it only has over 300 responses. By the way, anyone in their right mind knows that Snyder isn't stepping down. I don't want anyone stepping down for a matter of fact. I just think Gibbs doesn't need or have to do put up with coaching an underachieving franchise anymore. Gibbs should be enjoying the golden years of his life right now, and not putting up with morons like Brandon Lloyd.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I think I should start a thread saying it's time for some Redskins fans to step down.
I'll get that up and running.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #21
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I'm no Dan Snyder apologist, but what has the guy done wrong since bringing Gibbs back? He has taken a back seat and financially granted Gibbs' every wish. He has financed the most highly paid coaching staff, hand picked by Gibbs. He has shelled out signing bonuses for numerous Gibbs acquisitions that have worked out great (Griffin, Springs, Washington, Portis, Fletcher, etc.). Snyder may have been a meddling presence prior to Gibbs, but what exactly do you see him doing now that is hurting the team??? Would you prefer that we had the Bidwills as owners? At least Snyder is trying to win and seemingly backing Gibbs' every request.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #22
hagams
Impact Rookie

I don't remember where I heard this, but the Washington Redskins is the most marketable franchise in all sports. Hmmm....Snyder stepping down? Not.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #23
InsanePianist
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
I must be slow... but I don't get what is wrong with talking with a kid about the amusement park?????:confused:
Doesn't Snyder own Six Flags?

...and nothing is wrong with bringing it up to some kid, maybe he was going to give him free tickets, idk. I think he was just trying to point out that Snyder... if he only said one sentance to the kid, it would be only to promote his own park.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #24
LaRon + Sean = Hell 4 U
No new threads for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Everyone wants Coach Gibbs to step down, but don't seem to realize who's the most responsible for this mess of a franchise that we've had since 1999. I know Snyder is a genius at making money, but an idiot when it comes to building a winning pro football team.
It doesn't matter Nov. or in Dec. Mr. Snyder ain't gonna nowhere who is gonna make him sell the team you?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Re: It's time for Mr. Snyder to step down!

I long for the days of Jack Kent Cooke. Now there, my friends, was a great owner! Snyder's still learning, and maybe he'll get there eventually, I'd certainly rather have him as opposed to that Michael Jackson wannabe Jerry Jones.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:37 PM   #26
GusFrerotte

I know I have been calling for Cowher to come in a season earlier than planned, but the franchise going down the tubes isn't Snyder's fault. Cooke didn't have a very good plan in play once Coach retired and then it just went downhill from there. Pettibone should not have been made the HC, then they bring in the hot shot from Dallas that wasn't and never will be HC material. Danny fired his ass and got Marty. Only two major mistakes Danny really did was getting those Wheeze Kids in 2001 and letting Marty go. It took 5 games, but the team started to buy into Marty's approach and looked like a decent team, even with Tony Banks as the QB. In hindsight Spurrier might be considered a mistake, but it was a sexy gamble that just didn't play out. Danny thought the Fun n Gun might work in the NFL as was wrong. Who knows? It could have been the replacement for the West Coast Offense if it had a chance.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #27
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR
Impact Rookie

IF little danny really wanted to really win. He would take put his ego aside and hire a GM. Like other succesful team have done since 1999. Instead he more interested in selling throwback jersheys and screwing the fans at FedEx. He always will make money on this team. But think how much he could make if we ever won anything with him as the owner. The worst part of little Danny is that he taking Joe Gibbs down with him and that a crying shame. Joe deserves better.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post
IF little danny really wanted to really win. He would take put his ego aside and hire a GM. Like other succesful team have done since 1999. Instead he more interested in selling throwback jersheys and screwing the fans at FedEx. He always will make money on this team. But think how much he could make if we ever won anything with him as the owner. The worst part of little Danny is that he taking Joe Gibbs down with him and that a crying shame. Joe deserves better.
How would you define "hiring a GM" What do you expect that person would do?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #29
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR
Impact Rookie

Anyone but Little Danny making the picks or Vinney and not Joe either. A real football maybe someone under the Gm in NE a rising star. Should have got BB when he had the chance or Wolf. Try to get a solid number 2 man with team that run a good draft year after year, a man with a eye for talent. Someone who wont trade away 3 and 4 rounds picks like they dont matter. Try to see down the road instead of next year. Right now Little Danny way not working. No more quick fixes. Sign players who everyone knows was trouble and give them 10 million here and there like we always do. Outbidding ourselfs. Instead of trading a future HOF corner and a 2 pick for a RB where you can find anywhere in the draft.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post
Anyone but Little Danny making the picks or Vinney and not Joe either. A real football maybe someone under the Gm in NE a rising star. Should have got BB when he had the chance or Wolf. Try to get a solid number 2 man with team that run a good draft year after year, a man with a eye for talent. Someone who wont trade away 3 and 4 rounds picks like they dont matter. Try to see down the road instead of next year. Right now Little Danny way not working. No more quick fixes. Sign players who everyone knows was trouble and give them 10 million here and there like we always do. Outbidding ourselfs. Instead of trading a future HOF corner and a 2 pick for a RB where you can find anywhere in the draft.
Well I think they have certainly made mistakes but seem to be moving in the right direction with several moves they have made and they at least say they are putting greater focus on the draft (in terms of keeping their picks) over the next couple of years.

But to be clear, what you're saying is that Danny needs to clean house in the front office and start anew?