Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

What FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?

Thread Hell

View Poll Results: Which FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?
Bryant Johnson 29 19.86%
DJ Hackett 37 25.34%
Randy Moss 26 17.81%
Javon Walker 14 9.59%
Other 5 3.42%
None (Draft a WR) 20 13.70%
Just Re-Sign Reche Caldwell and Forget the Rest 15 10.27%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?

Unlike the last poll, this time you need to factor in salary. I realize we don't know the salary but we can guesstimate. So factor this in when making your decision. For example, clearly Randy Moss is a better player than Bryant Johnson but he'll command a much larger salary. So is Moss worth it?

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: What FA Wide Receiver Should We Sign?

Personally, I think I'd find some way to bring Moss in here. I know it'd be an extreme long shot but I think he's worth it. Even at 50% and disgruntled he's still better than most WRs in the league.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
GridIron26
Playmaker

Right now, I think it would be better for us to sign DJ Hackett to maybe three years or something like that.. So that way we would not have to worry about drafting a WR until next yr?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Personally, I think I'd find some way to bring Moss in here. I know it'd be an extreme long shot but I think he's worth it. Even at 50% and disgruntled he's still better than most WRs in the league.
Moss will be VERY nice but for some reason, I'm having hard time imagining Randy Moss in Redskins uniform..
Old 03-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I said "None, draft a WR." I guess I'm trying to get used to the chance that the Skins are looking at Devin Thomas with that first pick. I just put a post up on my new blog where I explained the reasons why the Skins will probably draft Thomas. Though if I had it my way we'd probably draft Albert.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I said "None, draft a WR." I guess I'm trying to get used to the chance that the Skins are looking at Devin Thomas with that first pick. I just put a post up on my new blog where I explained the reasons why the Skins will probably draft Thomas. Though if I had it my way we'd probably draft Albert.
You spelled Snyder wrong in your blog (just an FYI)
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

I like Bryant Johnson and DJ Hackett at their price levels. I'm not interested in Randy Moss on our team, especially not at his price. Poor fit, I think he'd be hard on Campbell.

Javon Walker would be costly, but I'd like him. Big playmaker. But more than anything, it keeps him from becoming a Dallas Cowboy.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You spelled Snyder wrong in your blog (just an FYI)
Lol, holy shit I have a reader. Thanks for pointing out the error. If you find anymore let me know. Also if anyone knows the name of the technique that weakside DT's play please let me know. For example nose tackles play a 0 technique. However I've forgotten the rest of the techniques since playing back in HS.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Lol, holy shit I have a reader. Thanks for pointing out the error. If you find anymore let me know.
I didn't know you had a blog, I'll have to check it out (which shows how much attention I pay to the signature.

I think we should go after Moss, I mean people were willing to go after Chad Johnson even though:
A. He wasn't available
B. He has been a problem this past year for his team
C. We would have to trade our 1st and 3rd round picks for him

Meanwhile Moss is a free agent, yes he would cost us money (so would CJ), but he could catapult our team deep into the playoffs and possibly a Superbowl.

Prior to NE, Moss was in two dysfunctional teams with no player leadership (Vikes/Raiders). In NE not only was he in a good team, but a team with strong leadership (Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, etc.) I think the Redskins have the player leadership to keep Moss controlled, and I honestly think he would make us a winning team.

I think if we make him our only FA signing (from another team), we add youth into our D-Line with our first pick, and add depth to other areas with the rest.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
Tha Posse
Special Teams

I didn't think Walker would command that much money with all his injury issues. Anyway I say Moss or Walker.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I like Bryant Johnson and DJ Hackett at their price levels. I'm not interested in Randy Moss on our team, especially not at his price. Poor fit, I think he'd be hard on Campbell.

Javon Walker would be costly, but I'd like him. Big playmaker. But more than anything, it keeps him from becoming a Dallas Cowboy.
Well it's very possible that either Walker or Moss could be a Cowboy (the other might be an Eagle)
Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #12
Tha Posse
Special Teams

Wow thats great news, I hope your wrong though! The NFC East is a bitch. If that is this case maybe we should get Hackett and hope Mix turns into Burress, and focus on a good corner to help counter there actions.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #13
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

I would take my chances, taking a run at Moss in a minute hes the best WR in the NFL IMO, and on the market and appears to be up for grabs to the highest bidder. Just think how in the world would any D prepare for our offense when you have to double cover Randy Moss all day long. ARE in the slot, Santana the #2 on the outside, Cooley & Portis, Big Mike..... just to many weapons.

No way any team can cover all that talent, a lot like what the pats had everyone knew what was coming but only one team got to a degree lucky enough to stop it for the biggest game of the year.

We don't have Tom Brady. But I believe Randy would make JC a better QB, JC just has to get the ball up to this guy, and he will take care of the rest. We all witnessed that time after time last season.

I would take Randy hands down over not just STINKO, or anyone on this list, but any WR period.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #14
Ruhskins
Living Legend

"According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a six-year, $42 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed." Details on the Berrian contract according to PFT (yeah I know they are not that reliable).

This is crazy! This is going to bring up the price for any free agent WR receiver. Can one of you cap gurus figure out what it would take to get Walker or Moss?
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #15
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

not a chance i'd bring randy moss in here. he took a 7 mil/year paycut last year. I'd attribute that to his sudden attitude change. He went from a 10m/year receiver to making 3 mil last year. give him a big deal and a losing record and will he help you get out of a slump? Would he have given the kind of effort that took the redskins to the playoffs both years under gibbs? I think when the deck is stacked against him he folds... not worth the dought to me.