Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 05-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #1996
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Whew at a volunteer event today and met the asshole sports fan you always dreamed of:

These are his teams:

Football: cowboys
Baseball: Yankees
Basketball: Lakers

I asked, where u from? North Carolina...I said hold on, let me guess Tarheels basketball?

Nope...he replied, “Duke”

Fuck this guy

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #1997
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

How about those idiots that park right next to you in a parking lot when there are a half dozen open spaces on each side of you?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #1998
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Whew at a volunteer event today and met the asshole sports fan you always dreamed of:

These are his teams:

Football: cowboys
Baseball: Yankees
Basketball: Lakers

I asked, where u from? North Carolina...I said hold on, let me guess Tarheels basketball?

Nope...he replied, “Duke”

Fuck this guy
I used to live in So Cal. Laker fans are the worst. They attract a lot of band wagoners when they are doing well. It used to be the further they got in the play-offs the more of those car antenna Laker flags came out. I used to like to screw with them in the sports bars back in the day. You would have people claiming to be life long Laker fans yet they couldn't name any of the past players on the team.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #1999
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
How about those idiots that park right next to you in a parking lot when there are a half dozen open spaces on each side of you?
There is some physiological reason people do that. It happens with movie seats too.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #2000
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
There is some physiological reason people do that. It happens with movie seats too.
HELL YES THEY DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take my youngest grandson to the movies in NC. 11:00 am show.
16 theaters at this place and we are the only ones in the theater with our movie. He chose's the second from the top row as the movie starts here comes a family of eight and the youngest is maybe 5 ,..................YUP, right behind us ,I mean WTF are they thinking??????
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 PM   #2001
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
HELL YES THEY DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take my youngest grandson to the movies in NC. 11:00 am show.
16 theaters at this place and we are the only ones in the theater with our movie. He chose's the second from the top row as the movie starts here comes a family of eight and the youngest is maybe 5 ,..................YUP, right behind us ,I mean WTF are they thinking??????
Oh boy, did you guys move your seats?

This happened to me on a SWA flight from MD to FL or vice versa, I can't remember. Was sitting next to my gf on a half-booked flight, no one within 4 or 5 rows of us. Some retched old bag wanders down and chooses to sit right next to me. We got up and moved after letting her get settled.

Without spoiling anything in John Wick 3, there is a similar occurrence. He sits on the left side of this couch that could seat 3 people, and then another guy sits down right next to him. John Wick stands up and chooses a chair instead.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:55 AM   #2002
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
At the movies, at least they aren't giving people door dings are making it hard to exit their cars. Running errands yesterday I paid particular attention to people who parked on top of others. A very small sample including someone who did it to me when I went to the pharmacy at Walmart. The half dozen or so I all saw do it were all males and appeared to be retirement age.

I remember it happening a lot when I had a classic Chevelle SS that was in cherry condition so I parked well away from store entrances to avoid door dings. Often I would exit a store only to find someone right on top of me and no other cars within 50 yards. The town had a large senior population. I wonder if it is mostly older drivers doing this.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #2003
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Oh boy, did you guys move your seats?

This happened to me on a SWA flight from MD to FL or vice versa, I can't remember. Was sitting next to my gf on a half-booked flight, no one within 4 or 5 rows of us. Some retched old bag wanders down and chooses to sit right next to me. We got up and moved after letting her get settled.

Without spoiling anything in John Wick 3, there is a similar occurrence. He sits on the left side of this couch that could seat 3 people, and then another guy sits down right next to him. John Wick stands up and chooses a chair instead.
The movie had started and I didn't want to make a big deal about it in front of my grandson.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #2004
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
At the movies, at least they aren't giving people door dings are making it hard to exit their cars. Running errands yesterday I paid particular attention to people who parked on top of others. A very small sample including someone who did it to me when I went to the pharmacy at Walmart. The half dozen or so I all saw do it were all males and appeared to be retirement age.

I remember it happening a lot when I had a classic Chevelle SS that was in cherry condition so I parked well away from store entrances to avoid door dings. Often I would exit a store only to find someone right on top of me and no other cars within 50 yards. The town had a large senior population. I wonder if it is mostly older drivers doing this.
I would have parked next to it as well. What year was it?
Old 06-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #2005
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

When people do 45 sets on 1 machine at the gym.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #2006
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
I would have parked next to it as well. What year was it?
Late 70's through early 80's Hemet, California. That was a 1970 Chevelle 454 SS. Fast forward to the early 90's I restored a 1972 Chevelle Malibu 350 when I lived in San Clemente and moved to Riverside Ca, people parking on top of me no matter how far away I parked away.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #2007
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
When people do 45 sets on 1 machine at the gym.
and don't wipe anything down when they're done
Old 06-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #2008
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Late 70's through early 80's Hemet, California. That was a 1970 Chevelle 454 SS. Fast forward to the early 90's I restored a 1972 Chevelle Malibu 350 when I lived in San Clemente and moved to Riverside Ca, people parking on top of me no matter how far away I parked away.

and............just awesome cars!!!!

Old 06-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #2009
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
So awesome. What color was yours?
Old 06-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #2010
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Men who complain about dieting....no one...absolutely no one wants to hear it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote