2022 Commanders Training Camp discussion

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-20-2022, 01:58 AM   #211
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 2022 Commanders Training Camp discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
For all we know, JDR recommended that Mills go. He was never a JDR guy anyway, so that scenario makes the most sense. I think we're making too much out of a press conference where JDR rightfully referred to himself as a "staff member". That is after all, what he is - a member of the coaching staff.
Yeah like I said I don't want to read too much into it. But at the same time, let's not act like every thing has been perfect in this locker room and building.
They just fired a coached mid training camp, that doesn't happen if everything is ok.
Don't get me wrong, I think the firing of Sam Mills is a good news given the apparent disconnect with the players, but the timing screams "something happened".
Another thing that happened was the Head Coach fining his Coordinator 100k because the later couldn't stay off twitter to save his life.

I'd invite you to listen to the press conf, available on Galdi's pod , maybe it's just JDR playing it tough and quiet in his first presss conf since the fine, but some parts of it, wether it be choice of words or tone, made me feel like there may be something to keep an eye on, especially in a season where it's not crazy to think JDR is in the hot seat.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 08-20-2022 at 05:30 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2022, 05:42 AM   #212
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Good counter points which all come down to the fact that none of us know what is actually happening, and we may never know. If JDR is on the hot seat this season then the press conference sounded to me like a dig at the fact that he is not the one callling the shots either with personnel, coaches or scheme
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #213
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah like I said I don't want to read too much into it. But at the same time, let's not act like every thing has been perfect in this locker room and building.
They just fired a coached mid training camp, that doesn't happen if everything is ok.
Don't get me wrong, I think the firing of Sam Mills is a good news given the apparent disconnect with the players, but the timing screams "something happened".
Another thing that happened was the Head Coach fining his Coordinator 100k because the later couldn't stay off twitter to save his life.

I'd invite you to listen to the press conf, available on Galdi's pod , maybe it's just JDR playing it tough and quiet in his first presss conf since the fine, but some parts of it, wether it be choice of words or tone, made me feel like there may be something to keep an eye on, especially in a season where it's not crazy to think JDR is in the hot seat.
If you had a boss who claimed to be your friend and then he fined you $100,000 for something you posted online, how would you feel about him? Their parting of the ways seems to be just about inevitable.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:36 AM   #214
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If you had a boss who claimed to be your friend and then he fined you $100,000 for something you posted online, how would you feel about him? Their parting of the ways seems to be just about inevitable.
To be fair it's not that simple, Jack also made some comments about the issue in a press conf (infamous "dust up" comments), and it became a national thing with a lot of reactions, and as Ron said, it impacted the organisation, so something had to be done. I think Jack's comments were pretty stupid, considering he's the DC of an NFL team. But it's still fair to question the impact it had on their relationship, and where their relationship was in the first place.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #215
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
To be fair it's not that simple, Jack also made some comments about the issue in a press conf (infamous "dust up" comments), and it became a national thing with a lot of reactions, and as Ron said, it impacted the organisation, so something had to be done. I think Jack's comments were pretty stupid, considering he's the DC of an NFL team. But it's still fair to question the impact it had on their relationship, and where their relationship was in the first place.
Yes, but did it need to be a $100,000 fine?
Old 08-20-2022, 02:18 PM   #216
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Yes, but did it need to be a $100,000 fine?
Honestly? I have no clue. We'd have to compare with other fines in comparable situations.
My only thought is what it says about, and how it impacts, their relationship. Maybe not much, maybe a lot. Maybe they have a great season, which helps all parties move on, maybe the defense struggles again and Ron has had enough. Wait and see but keep and eye on it is my overall point.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2022, 11:10 AM   #217
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Come to the worst stadium in the league and spend, by a wide margin, the highest beer prices in the nfl

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #218
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Come to the worst stadium in the league and spend, by a wide margin, the highest beer prices in the nfl
Lowest attendance in the league, make up for the money gap by charging $14 for a small beer and probably $10 for a plain burger.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #219
EdmundDorf
The Starter

You would think they would be ashamed of this, but shame is the one thing Danny doesn't have. Next time Jason appears in front of the press they should ask him directly if he is embarrassed by this.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:36 AM   #220
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I hope you're not insinuating that Dan Snyder is to blame. Let me tell you something; a huge estate on the banks of the Potomac and a mega yacht with an IMAX theatre onboard aren't cheap, so he had to charge more for beer.

Instead of complaining about beer prices, just enjoy your beer at the stadium and be glad you can help out a needy NFL owner who has extraordinarily high personal expenses. It's sort of like supporting a charity.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:42 AM   #221
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Regarding the beer situation, don't go. We as the consumer have options. We can stay home and buy a 6 pack of the beer of our choice for $10.

I have long stopped going to games. I can go for free and sit in a box through work. I just can't deal w/ it anymore. Way too many drunk losers who don't know how to act.

I can't wait for week one. I want to see that stadium w/ 60% Jags fans to give Snyder a big F you. That is the only real way to embarrass him at this point. Don't go and nationally embarrass him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:28 PM   #222
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hope you're not insinuating that Dan Snyder is to blame. Let me tell you something; a huge estate on the banks of the Potomac and a mega yacht with an IMAX theatre onboard aren't cheap, so he had to charge more for beer.

Instead of complaining about beer prices, just enjoy your beer at the stadium and be glad you can help out a needy NFL owner who has extraordinarily high personal expenses. It's sort of like supporting a charity.

He Gets Us
Old 08-21-2022, 02:04 PM   #223
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Regarding the beer situation, don't go. We as the consumer have options. We can stay home and buy a 6 pack of the beer of our choice for $10.

I have long stopped going to games. I can go for free and sit in a box through work. I just can't deal w/ it anymore. Way too many drunk losers who don't know how to act.

I can't wait for week one. I want to see that stadium w/ 60% Jags fans to give Snyder a big F you. That is the only real way to embarrass him at this point. Don't go and nationally embarrass him.

My experience at games has been awesome other than the one game at FedEx. I’ve probably been to 10 different cities for games and The 1 time I went to a home game it was straight ass. I’ll never go back to FedEx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2022, 05:36 PM   #224
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

This is why I like you KI - we ride the same wave.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:17 PM   #225
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Commanders claimed TE Kendall Blanton off waivers from the Rams.

Blanton started in the Super Bowl in February, and nearly seven months later is looking to settle as solid depth on the Commanders. With Logan Thomas still on PUP and three rookies on the current depth chart, two of whom weren't drafted, it seems plausible that Blanton can make the Commanders 53-man roster.

He Gets Us