Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mack to the Bears.........

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,819
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
What would u rather have?

First round picks (2) that are generally hit or miss, or... A 27YO great Edge rusher and run stopper?

Mack will live up to the deal, he will be great for another 4-5 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But you're leaving out the 90 million in his pocket. That's pretty important.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #32
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,421
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

The Bears are basically committing franchise QB type money to a premier defensive player and going with a budget QB. Should be interesting to see how it works out.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:47 AM   #33
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,537
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The Bears are basically committing franchise QB type money to a premier defensive player and going with a budget QB. Should be interesting to see how it works out.
Well, they are just fortunate that rookies don't get the contracts they once did. It's like the Eagles. Right now they are sitting pretty because they have a cheap as fuck QB who's producing big time. Once his contract time comes up, they won't have that luxury anymore.


Not sure why Raiders didn't pay. They have the cap room it would seem.


https://sports.yahoo.com/reggie-mcke...101738898.html

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:30 AM   #34
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,347
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Ballsy move by the Bears. I donít know if they have enough talent to make a playoff run but an elite pass rusher is a good start.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,404
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
But you're leaving out the 90 million in his pocket. That's pretty important.
It is but man he's a great player at a position they desperately needed.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #36
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,404
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Well, they are just fortunate that rookies don't get the contracts they once did. It's like the Eagles. Right now they are sitting pretty because they have a cheap as fuck QB who's producing big time. Once his contract time comes up, they won't have that luxury anymore.


Not sure why Raiders didn't pay. They have the cap room it would seem.


https://sports.yahoo.com/reggie-mcke...101738898.html

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/
Maybe they are building to have a great defense and just get by on O like the Jags do. It's possible
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,800
Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Maybe they are building to have a great defense and just get by on O like the Jags do. It's possible
ARodgers won't be affected by the pressure.
MStafford might be affected by the pressure.
I expect KCousins to have a patented 4 turnover game against the Bears D, They will become his new NYG team. A team that knows him, and is in his head.

Seriously though, Chicago's defense might become the best in the league if RSmith pans out.

I wish the Skins were in the AFC right now ...
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13231 seconds with 12 queries