"You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2019, 03:07 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: "You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Let’s say Haskins is an eventual bust. If we wait to play him for a season or a season and a half, we just delay knowing the truth. That’s what happened to Jason Campbell, a first round draft choice a decade ago. We waited to start him well into his second season and he was a bust theb was gone after playing as the starter for a couple seasons.

With a first round pick you have to give them 2-3 seasons as starter to prove they can win or not.

For every QB who waited a season or more before starting, I can give you a very good or great QB who started from game one.

If Haskins can’t beat or at least match Keenum or McCoy’s pitiful QB play, then doesn’t it make sense to find out sooner rather than later? Keenum handed off the ball mostly last game and had a pitiful 12 passes for a measly 77 yds.
Dwayne could do that? Case had a game where he had 5 turnovers ( plus two more fumbles recovered by us). Haskins couldn’t beat that?

Ppl here list QB like Brady, Young, Mulhomme who waited to play QB. That’s because they were playing AND LEARNING from very good or even great QB. What is Haskins learning by watching these two journeyman BACKUP QB??

I think Haskins can play as well or more truthfully, as Badly, as Case and Colt. Then he is learning in the crucible of the game, not riding pine.
If he plays even worse than these two crappy QB, then we are at least starting on the trial period of 2-3 seasons before we AGAIN draft a new QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remind me again, who did "Mulhomme" learn from?

You guys are right, we should start our rookie qb who came in in relief 4 weeks ago and promptly threw 3 picks, on a short week against a tough team whose one weakness (qb) turned into a strength the last 3 weeks since he got pissed off his own teammates were calling him out for being garbage.

I concede my argument. Now when Haskins fails because he's not ready, we can just sell him for the cheap and add qb to the laundry list of problems this team has.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

You guys are right, we should start our rookie qb who came in in relief 4 weeks ago and promptly threw 3 picks, on a short week against a tough team whose one weakness (qb) turned into a strength the last 3 weeks since he got pissed off his own teammates were calling him out for being garbage.

I concede my argument. Now when Haskins fails because he's not ready, we can just sell him for the cheap and add qb to the laundry list of problems this team has.
This error makes me look like Warpath spell test champ

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #48
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

If you don't want to start him on a short week fine (although I was of the mindset he should have been prepped to start vs. Miami) but the week after? You have 10 days to get him ready to play. Either he has it or he doesn't at this point I'd like to see him get these last 8 games to show what he has.

Peyton threw 3 ints his first game, not saying he is Peyton but rookies are gonna struggle, although that 3rd int was on Vernon more so than Dwayne

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #49
SunnySide
Playmaker

Haskins will start against the Bills. If not then, then he has to start after the bye against the Jets. He wasnt ready week 1 and he might not be ready week 9 but he has to get in there in so we start the process of evaluating him. To not start Haskins at least for 5 plus games is so illogical .. that it makes sense for the Skins.

Craig Hoffman said yesterday on the radio that Haskins is coming along. In practice he is mostly checking out of bad run plays into good run plays etc so that is encouraging if hes to the point of being able to change protections, slides, direction of run plays etc.

Week 1 is too soon.
Week 17 is too late.
Week 9 is just right.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hope he starts v Buffalo because I'll be at that game
Old 10-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #51
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This error makes me look like Warpath spell test champ
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I am not endorsing starting Haskins (which should be obvious by now) but if there was any week to start, I'd say coming off the bye against the Jets looks good. That aside, we haven't seen any indication from anyone inside the organization that he's even close to being ready, so I am perfectly fine with him riding pine as long as he's not ready.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #53
Meks
Pro Bowl

Mahomey
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #54
Meks
Pro Bowl

Vikes 48 skins 17
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:24 AM   #55
Indian-brave
Special Teams

Narrative : the Redskins know Cousins backwards and forewords. Keenum performed a miracle there.
29-13 skins
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #56
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kirk Cousins, last 3 weeks:

976 yards
10 TD
1 INT
Old 10-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #57
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I think the Skins are very lucky that game 3 of the World Series did not coincide with their game. That means people in Washington will actually watch the game.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #58
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Kirk Cousins, last 3 weeks:

976 yards
10 TD
1 INT
Kirk does this every single year. Starts a little slow, gets red hot, then when the pressure is at it's highest, when you really need him to play his best, he folds. Kirk isn't and may never be a big game, playoff type of QB. But he is most certainly better than anyone we have.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #59
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think the Skins are very lucky that game 3 of the World Series did not coincide with their game. That means people in Washington will actually watch the game.
I wonder how many people would pick the Redskins over the Nationals if they were on the same night? Maybe the families of the players and coaches and that is it.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eh most of the country would watch the NFL over the WS, they do every year which is probably why the MLB scheduled it this way.