Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offseason Focus: Defensive Line

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #46
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Offseason Focus: Defensive Line

I think there a serious lack of understanding the value of space eaters d lineman. Guys that will not get pushed around and hold their gap responsibility.
Everyone looks at stats like sacks and tackles behind the line and that is their determining factor on what lineman should make.
For every sack or spectacular tackle behind the line a speed guy gets, there are powerful d lineman doing the unglamorous work of occupying o lineman.
We do not have the unglamorous hard working heavy lifting space eaters.
After the miserable defense we had last seaso, we now understand their value and they need to be paid for their hard work. They are not cheap.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Was it your position last year that we should sign him?
2/16/16:

In terms of questions, the Dline is facing a ton. Def makes for the most interesting conversation this offseason not named Cousins.

So Keim is now reporting what Tarik alBashir did a couple weeks ago...Expect a high first round pick at Dline and a younger Dline Free agent pick up.

Im bout that...I want this guy: Losing Damon Harrison would be punch in New York Jets' nose - New York Jets Blog- ESPN

Losing a nickname like Pot Roast is tough, but replacing him with "Snacks" is a win. Snacks at NT and A'Shawn Robinson at DE?

2/20/16

Sup folks...now I know McC's philosophy so I don't need a lecture...but tell me who is the guy if Snyder came to u and said "Chico, I've instructed McC to let you handle getting the difference maker with this blank check. You are Vinny for a day"

Give me your one dream free agent for the team and then after your wet dream free agent choice, give me the one realistic free agent you like to see on the team.

My dream free agent: Muhammad Wilkerson. This guy would be the stud along the dline to take the defense to the next level. I got him over Miller and Jeffery.

The more realistic is ILB Danny Trevathan. He can cover, great tackler, and can get to the running back. I got him over Marvin Jones WR and Snacks Damon Harris NT

Sup?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #48
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
2/16/16:

In terms of questions, the Dline is facing a ton. Def makes for the most interesting conversation this offseason not named Cousins.

So Keim is now reporting what Tarik alBashir did a couple weeks ago...Expect a high first round pick at Dline and a younger Dline Free agent pick up.

Im bout that...I want this guy: Losing Damon Harrison would be punch in New York Jets' nose - New York Jets Blog- ESPN

Losing a nickname like Pot Roast is tough, but replacing him with "Snacks" is a win. Snacks at NT and A'Shawn Robinson at DE?

2/20/16

Sup folks...now I know McC's philosophy so I don't need a lecture...but tell me who is the guy if Snyder came to u and said "Chico, I've instructed McC to let you handle getting the difference maker with this blank check. You are Vinny for a day"

Give me your one dream free agent for the team and then after your wet dream free agent choice, give me the one realistic free agent you like to see on the team.

My dream free agent: Muhammad Wilkerson. This guy would be the stud along the dline to take the defense to the next level. I got him over Miller and Jeffery.

The more realistic is ILB Danny Trevathan. He can cover, great tackler, and can get to the running back. I got him over Marvin Jones WR and Snacks Damon Harris NT

Sup?
You knew what you were talking about! How about you picking us a good FA DL this season? I'm not sure our FO knows what they're doing.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You knew what you were talking about! How about you picking us a good FA DL this season? I'm not sure our FO knows what they're doing.
I don't know if there is a big of impact DL player as snacks is out there in free agency. Maybe NT like Poe and or the kid from the Ravens would be good. I've mentioned b Logan before as a solid addition for a more affordable price.

He Gets Us
Old 02-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

You reaching out to the Jets...after a terrible season for them..to see if a 3rd round pick for Muhammad Wilkerson would be cool?

He Gets Us
Old 02-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #51
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You reaching out to the Jets...after a terrible season for them..to see if a 3rd round pick for Muhammad Wilkerson would be cool?
The Jets may have had a bad season but trading Wilkerson for a 3rd Round pick would be ridiculous on their part. It would take more than that to get him. It couldn't hurt for the Skins to try to pry him away, though.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Per John keim:

Chris Baker is in a good spot. Redskins talking to him. Likely an offer Tues. but: others have come strong too. Wanted man.

Boom

He Gets Us