Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

stocks in meltdown mode

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-26-2020, 11:18 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: stocks in meltdown mode

Maybe I'll buy some stock this weekend just for something to do besides watch TV all weekend. And by some I mean like 2 shares of something lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #32
SunnySide
Playmaker

exxon appears to be a good buy.

normally in the 70-80 range, dropped to a low of 31 3 days ago. Coronavirus and oil battle has cut its normal value in half.

now its up to 39 and rising.

pretty volatile though considering russia and SA are pulling the strings here so they are more effected by that potential long term battle vs corona which seems stocks should start recovering from now or soon.

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAc&uact=5

---

bought about 1k at 39.41 ... got it at 39.11

cool.

I am now an oil barron.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #33
SunnySide
Playmaker

Is anyone nibbling on stocks?

I might buy some more Exxon.

Oil prices are underwater but exxon is holding steady at 44

---------------

Went Boeing, if it drops to 139

bank of America is real attractive

Last edited by SunnySide; 04-23-2020 at 11:47 AM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I've nibbled at 5 cheap stocks that took nose dives.
A construction stock (NOA) that was trading consistently around 11 before the collapse, i bought a few shares at 4.86
Angie's List (ANGI) which was around 14, I bought a few at 5
An oil group stock (IMO) which was around 26, I bought a few at 12
And Dell which was around 50, I bought at 30.

I am thinking of getting Cinemark which was around 30, and is at 13.

I basically look for stocks that had steady 1 year numbers, and their dive was obviously due to CV. All told, I'm only putting in tiny number priced stocks where when the dow gets back to normal, they should see a 2 to 3x turnaround. Once the dow is back to normal, I probably will trade them all in to an index mutual fund or something of the sort.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #35
SunnySide
Playmaker

^^ thats smart CRed. I am def going to put decent money into a mutual fund once the market stablizes and starts to rise.

For now, Im trying to pick off some good traditionally solid stocks with dividends that I can just hang onto for the next 20-30 years.

----------

I think I screwed the pooch again with boening. before i wanted to buy when it was sub 100 but set my buy mark at like 95, it went as low as like 96 but never 95 and now its up to 141.

today, i should have just automatically bought it at 140 vs setting a price mark at 139. like the 1 dollar on a 10 stock order really matters ... thats $10 total of a deal vs no deal. lol

lessons not learned .. oh well, leave the order on for a few days to see if it hits 139.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:17 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

It is kinda fun to play around in the market where long term upside seems a better bet than dropping deeply.

Trying not to go with companies that might not make it out of this thing intact is the hardest call. Airbus(EADSY) is one of those, and my only real flop. I bought it around 21 and its at about 14 now. And its upside was 35 or 1.5 times. I chose it over american companies because i dont think all the airlines survive, and I am not sure which ones make it out, and the buy in was under 50 per share.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #37
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It is kinda fun to play around in the market where long term upside seems a better bet than dropping deeply.

Trying not to go with companies that might not make it out of this thing intact is the hardest call. Airbus(EADSY) is one of those, and my only real flop. I bought it around 21 and its at about 14 now. And its upside was 35 or 1.5 times. I chose it over american companies because i dont think all the airlines survive, and I am not sure which ones make it out, and the buy in was under 50 per share.

Good call. Apply a filter to exclude companies with corporate credit ratings lower than the yellow you see here. That's automatically going to limit you to companies with the balance sheet strength to weather this storm. From there search within industries among the remaining, and filter for value indicators as you normally would.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

🙃😝😂

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:32 AM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

so i sold both dell and angi's list after hitting my personal targets, airbus just broke back over the 21. Angi's list gain was 130%, Dell's was about 80% I sold because they both are in the trading range pre-covid, and I am expecting that there will be another drop where i move it all into a standard mutual fund for long term stability and growth. I bought some penny stocks too, again nothing crazy risky in terms of what I put in, but one I bought at 29 cents is now over a dollar, and the weirdest one was a company I bought at 40 cents, and then they did a reverse stock split, or consolidation, and for every 20 shares they merged them and gave you 1 at the equivalent price. Crazier still is if you had 1 over the 20 they rounded up and put 1 more stock on. Right now it's trading at about 9 per share which is a positive, but not as much as 40cent to $9 would make you think.

Overall, my trades were really penny ante compared to what real investors could do for funds, so I guarantee that ALOT of rich people got alot richer still through this little dip. Take that you conspiracy gurus!!!
Old 06-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #40
SunnySide
Playmaker

I think I must have made over 1k easy the past month. Lol forgot my password to sign into my Ameritrade account

Exxon bought at 39 is 53 now
Boeing bought at 139 is 205 and on a tear
Alibaba bought at 202 is 219
Bank of America around 22 is 28

I’m just going to hold onto these for the long long term. Will continue to nibble.

I imagine rich dudes are getting real rich if a dumb schlub like me can make a 30% plus ROI in a matter of a month or two.

I might drop some serious money on alibaba even with the delisting talk, it could turn into a 2k share stock in 5 years
Old 07-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

The market just had it's best quarter since 1998
Old 07-20-2020, 04:57 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sigh...fuckin Nasdaq is fire.

Something feels really strange with Tech....I don’t know if it’s day traders or what, but just too much of market is there. Govt being forced to spend out the ass due to Covid-19 while manufacturing rates so low.

Shit is looking messy...especially with Bigly who like to try to equate the market with the economy.

He Gets Us
Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

JFC

What in the hell...nasdaq...I guess that Tesla split went bigly well

Sp and Dow on fucking fire.

This is insane at this point..insane

Solid, I hope you stayed in...

He Gets Us
Old 08-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2020, 11:32 PM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I bought one penny stock (RMBL) at 27 cents. They did a 40 to 1 merge making the new stock value $8. I sold my shares at $23, and it now is at $39!!! For a stock that was about to be de-listed that was crazy.