http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=53113891

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That's a talking point stat. Political garbage that is exactly what we don't need in trying to solve the problems.

As for Trump. Hate all you want but we will have a tax cut, a 2 year bipartisan budget and shortly a bipartisan immigration plan on his watch. If he really sets this as a priority, and he will, there will be a real plan to fix it coming out by june.

That is exactly what we need ...............TO TALK and to SOLVE the situationit's only political garbage as you put it to the side who doesn't want to do anything about it.

The rest of your response has nothing to do with the Mass shooting at a Florida High school,nothing.

Oh and trump thinks the other students could have done more to stop this. Putting the blame on the other high school students ,what an asshole trump is.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...150722680.html

Last edited by Giantone; 02-15-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #18
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Let me ask Schneed most mass shootings happen in heavily democratic areas. Why would you boycott Republicans when they don't have as many in their localities? In my opinion the democrats fixation on a gun control solution is the biggest obstacle to solving this. The democrats refuse to look at obvious solutions like emergency action plans and including armed security. Gun control advocates block all other rational discussions.
This is simply not true. First that assumes that democratic areas are in a void without inputs and outputs from surrounding areas. It is well documented that Chicago's plight involves an influx of guns from areas with far more liberal gun regulations. The pipeline from VA to Baltimore, Philly and NYC is equally documented. Furthermore the states with highest per capita gun violence all have republican leadership https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ty/firearm.htm

I also disagree that dems refuse to look at valid solutions. For example Baltimore County votes democrat yet requires all high schools to have a school resource officer that not only patrols but has an office in the school. I confess I do not have the answers I do agree that improved diagnosis and monitoring of mental illness but it is irrelevant if we continue to allow diagnosed individuals access to guns like we did with Devin Patrick Kelley. I also think that republicans are very complicit in not establishing dialogue by completely dismissing the idea of gun control, tougher regulations like closing the boyfriend loophole, which also would've been applicable in Kelley's situation.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #19
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Empty bullshit.

Do something politicians or shut the fuck up. I'm voting Dem until we get a solution.

Tired of it too. Someone shoots up a school, innocent people die, thoughts and prayers, rinse and repeat. No change, no action, just hollow words. See you next time.

Do something already for fucks sake.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think everyone agrees politicians in both parties are complicit.

There just needs to be real dialogue instead of platitudes and blame from both sides. I just don't know how we get the politicians to do that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #21
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think everyone agrees politicians in both parties are complicit.

There just needs to be real dialogue instead of platitudes and blame from both sides. I just don't know how we get the politicians to do that.
Where is Chico? I like this guy and yes he is on FOX! He calls it like it should be.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shepard-s...014240687.html
Old 02-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Good article here by that conservative rag The Washington Post on why 18 school shootings in 2018 is a false number. I like the point it makes about weakening the pro-gun control argument by inflating the number of shootings to anytime a gun goes off on school property.

No, there haven’t been 18 school shootings in 2018. That number is flat wrong.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #23
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Good article here by that conservative rag The Washington Post on why 18 school shootings in 2018 is a false number. I like the point it makes about weakening the pro-gun control argument by inflating the number of shootings to anytime a gun goes off on school property.

No, there haven’t been 18 school shootings in 2018. That number is flat wrong.
Did you read the artical,you want to argue semantics? A person shot at a sorority not a school shooting" BS ",someone shooting a gun off in a parking lot after a basket ball game"not a school shooting" BS.Please? ANY TIME A GUN GOES OFF ON SCHOOL PROPERTY OR GROUNDS,YES, IT IS A SCHOOL SHOOTING.No it should not only matter when someone is injured or killed.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Did you read the artical,you want to argue semantics? A person shot at a sorority not a school shooting" BS ",someone shooting a gun off in a parking lot after a basket ball game"not a school shooting" BS.Please? ANY TIME A GUN GOES OFF ON SCHOOL PROPERTY OR GROUNDS,YES, IT IS A SCHOOL SHOOTING.No it should not only matter when someone is injured or killed.
So if a gun goes off at 2 am in a school parking lot when nobody's there and nobody gets hurt, that should be counted as having the same impact as a kid bringing in an AR-15 and killing 17+ kids?

Also no I do not believe shooting someone at a sorority house has the same impact as bringing a gun into school during school hours when kids are present. If you want to count it that's fine, go ahead. But people think of school shootings as ones where kids bring guns to school during school hours to hurt somebody, even with 1000+ witnesses present. It's not the same as a gun going off in a parking lot with nobody there.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

We all bitch about politicians getting nothing done, but this thread is filled with the same talking point mumbo jumbo.

Instead of talking past each other, is it possible to say your top 3 concepts to reduce what is clearly at epidemic levels?

mine are

mandatory mental health screenings as part of selective service enrollment. This would be hugely controversial, and I don't know if my thought is true, but I am willing to bet that the majority of these type shooters are young males between 16 and 22

2nd, excluding active military, raise the age for gun ownership and purchase to 21.

3rd, every school district should be required to have a written prevention plan available to parents and students. If a district believes gun free zones are the best prevention then that is part of their plan, If a district believes that prevention is best accomplished by 2 armed guards plus concealed carry for teachers, then that is part of their plan. Regardless each school district should be required to post it, and have community approval.

That would be my first 3 steps. anyone else?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #26
MTK
\m/

I’d definitely start by expanding Medicaid and Medicare but too late now. I’m also confused about the reasoning behind revoking HJ Res 40.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

How about improved background checks for assault rifle buyers between the ages of 21-30. I agree gun ownership should be raised to 21 unless you have parental consent (i.e. a parent with you at the sale). And Trump could also reinstate the Obama law he got rid of last year that basically said 75k individuals with mental illnesses that required special assistance would be restricted from buying guns (i.e. they'd be on a list, and could buy a gun but they'd need a waiver first).
Old 02-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #28
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

How about parents taking the most initiative here and knowing what the hell is going on with your kid?? These parents who can't believe that their child did this simply are horrible parents and didn't give a sh!t about their child. Nowadays every parent should have access to their kids social media pages, internet usage and phones and monitor them regularly. And why does your high school kid have access to a AR-15 in the first place! Parents if you have guns, lock them up in a safe. Parents HAVE to be the first step in trying to prevent these type of events!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So if a gun goes off at 2 am in a school parking lot when nobody's there and nobody gets hurt, that should be counted as having the same impact as a kid bringing in an AR-15 and killing 17+ kids?

Also no I do not believe shooting someone at a sorority house has the same impact as bringing a gun into school during school hours when kids are present. If you want to count it that's fine, go ahead. But people think of school shootings as ones where kids bring guns to school during school hours to hurt somebody, even with 1000+ witnesses present. It's not the same as a gun going off in a parking lot with nobody there.
Yet it's still a gun ,at a school,people need to change the way they look at it then.Yes it's the same ..........the students and teachers were just lucky they weren't there.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #30
Dan73
Special Teams

Nothing is going to change because guns are seen as a god given right. People care more about themselves than others. And guns as a solution is too grained into too many people.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote