Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Super Bowl Week

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #91
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,980
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is splitting hairs. Plus Donald imo plays on a team that did not have as much talent on D as White did. They are both fucking great players.
That is a good point. The Eagles in the late 80's and early 90's had some truly great defenses. They don't get a lot of respect cause they never had the offense. Jerome Brown would have been a Hall of Fame player had he not been killed in the auto accident. Clyde Simmons was a stud as well.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2022, 11:09 AM   #92
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,518
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I did but he was older in his career.

So would you say they are both 1A 1B?
Donald is one of the all time greats, however he disappears at times (2 games against SF this year and in the 6 game losing streak) finally re-emerged in the 7th game. Reggie White never disappeared. Donald is on par with Bruce Smith, probably better because of his size.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 19,404
Re: Super Bowl Week

The Rams had a six game losing streak?
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #94
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 3,722
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Donald is one of the all time greats, however he disappears at times (2 games against SF this year and in the 6 game losing streak) finally re-emerged in the 7th game. Reggie White never disappeared. Donald is on par with Bruce Smith, probably better because of his size.
Listening to Logan "lumberjack" Paulsen this morning. He said Donald always gets double teamed/protection shifted to him. He said that one way to combat this is to send a LB blitz right at the Center so he cant slide over and double the interior D lineman.

Said Rams made a ton of adjustments coming out of the half.
-----------------

Fun competitive game. All we could ask for.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #95
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,134
Re: Super Bowl Week

It was a good game. Was pulling for the Bengals because the Rams are a douche organization. I hope the city of LA enjoys it because the Rams will move to a new city in 10 years that offers the owner a better stadium deal like they always do. What a soft money whore or mercenary take your pick.
__________________
Sponsored by OrthoVirginia #winningoffthefield
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #96
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 34
Posts: 2,925
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It was a good game. Was pulling for the Bengals because the Rams are a douche organization. I hope the city of LA enjoys it because the Rams will move to a new city in 10 years that offers the owner a better stadium deal like they always do. What a soft money whore or mercenary take your pick.
Can you help me understand why you think that?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #97
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,134
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Can you help me understand why you think that?
I find the owners business practices sleazy.
__________________
Sponsored by OrthoVirginia #winningoffthefield
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:33 PM   #98
oldfan
Camp Scrub
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 54
Re: Super Bowl Week

I thought it was a good game. My objection is against the referees. It seems that all to often, the referees. They literally gave the game to LA with the multiple penalties at the end of the game.
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:41 PM   #99
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 60
Posts: 4,777
Re: Super Bowl Week

That 3rd and 1 to Perrine I had seen a few times,Rams were probably expecting that.I wish there would have been another angle to the 4th and 1 that Burrow chunked in Perrine's direction,I couldnt tell if he got hands on it or not.The look on Burrows face when he didnt catch it made me think it was a catchable ball
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:53 PM   #100
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,698
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
That 3rd and 1 to Perrine I had seen a few times,Rams were probably expecting that.I wish there would have been another angle to the 4th and 1 that Burrow chunked in Perrine's direction,I couldnt tell if he got hands on it or not.The look on Burrows face when he didnt catch it made me think it was a catchable ball
Replay showed it wasn't, landed about a foot away from his outstretched hands.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:01 PM   #101
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,243
Re: Super Bowl Week

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-nfl-history/

Cooper Kupp finishes with 178 catches for 2,425 yards over 21 games, most in NFL history


Kupp just capped off the greatest WR season in the history of the league. Well done. The only record he missed was the TD record which is still held by Randy Moss.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:12 PM   #102
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,092
Re: Super Bowl Week

The SB All 22 is out, so if there's any play you wanna see, just reply to this post and I'll edit it out !

I'll start with the most obvious missed call of the game, Ramsey getting face masked. The Field Judge can't see it, and the Back Judge is in a good position mechanics wise, but very far and just turning from the left side of the field where he had to look at his key receiver, hard to blame him for not seeing it IMO. Just a case of humans being humans and not seeing everything.



Saw an exchange about wether or not the ball was catchable on the last play of the game, it wasn't, bounces of the ground way before it's in Perine's reach ;-)




Chase had Ramsey beaten for a TD though...



Any play you have in mind ?
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:09 AM   #103
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,343
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It was a good game. Was pulling for the Bengals because the Rams are a douche organization. I hope the city of LA enjoys it because the Rams will move to a new city in 10 years that offers the owner a better stadium deal like they always do. What a soft money whore or mercenary take your pick.
+1 Kroenke is a douche. I don't mind the Rams organization - remember when they were wallowing around 8-8 every year with Jeff Fisher. But Kroenke bought the team with no intention of keeping it in St. Louis. I think his bottom line is money too.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:10 AM   #104
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 34
Posts: 2,925
Re: Super Bowl Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I find the owners business practices sleazy.
Ah, should have said the Rams owner instead of Rams organization as it implies you don't like anyone within the organization including the players.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:50 AM   #105
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,547
Re: Super Bowl Week

Kroenke is a greedy bastard but he also earned a super bowl trophy.
They went all in this year and it worked out.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.12389 seconds with 10 queries