Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Start 'em or Sit 'em?

Fantasy Football

Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Start 'em or Sit 'em?

Ok, here's my dilemma: I play in a ppr league with 2 wr spots and 1 flex wr/rb. I have 5 decent wr's and I'm not sure who to sit.

Right now, I have-

WR1 Desean Jackson (v. Giants)
WR2 Dwayne Bowe (v. Cardinals)
Flex Santonio Holmes (v. Texans)

Bench
Reggie Wayne (v Patriots)
Mike Williams (Seattle) (v Saints)

Wayne has really been hit or miss this year, last week he got me all of 6 points while Bowe on the bench went for over 40. Mike Williams has also had some huge games. Santonio is playing against the texans who are horrible against the pass, and his numbers are getting better every week. Cards are shit all the way around so I could see Bowe lighting them up (M. Williams did last week.). Desean Jackson is the biggest boom or bust WR I've seen.

What do you guys think?

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Re: Start 'em or Sit 'em?

I think you got it right.

Bowe is highly targeted, and on fire right now. If he doesn't get the yards, he'll probably get you decent points with the catches alone. And, the cards suck as you said. I bet he has a big game.

Holmes is a matchup play. The Texans can't defend the pass, and Holmes is starting to come along now that he's fully integrated into the offense. The only worry is that the Jets play ball-control and don't need to pass.

The tough call is Jackson vs. Wayne. With Vick playing the way he is, I think you have to go with Jackson. All it takes is one big play.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Seems like I can't win with Mike Williams, anytime I start him he doesn't do anything, when I sit him he blows up.

Wayne is probably due for another big game, he's one of those guys you just ride out week to week. At least that's how I play him.

Holmes is probably a good play against that miserable Texans pass D. I picked up Mike Thomas last week in a pinch and he had a big game along with Garrard, who I started in another league. Both helped me win big.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Right now i'm the last seed for the playoffs, and I'm playing the league leaders this week. I've been so up and down this year. I think I'm staying pat, just trying to decide on Holmes v. Wayne.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

The Saints have the #1 pass defense in terms of yards per game and are tied for the fewest touchdowns given up. Avoid Mike Williams at all costs.

Bowe has a really good matchup against 'Zona.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote