Facing $1 Billion Deficit, Arizona Sharply Limits Welfare - US News
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #63
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Baltimore riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
"Zero tolerance and arresting everybody for every little thing led to the underlying issues that we have been dealing with in the city. So, for me, we have to look at who is being arrested, the quality of arrest and what they are being arrested for versus the sheer number of arrests," Baltimore City Councilman Brandon Scott said.

"You could have 500 arrests in a two-week period for, you know, loitering, or standing, or failure to obey versus having people who are suspects in homicides, robberies and shootings," Scott said.

^^^^ Yes, lets have Balt City council members tell me and my family that they are openly telling the Police Force to NOT interact with the loitering drunk druggies that walk my neighborhood. To let the drunk druggies piss and shit openly on the street where i have to walk with my daughter.

Lets make sure my lady gets chased down the street again bc we dont want to offend the drunk hispanics guys who wanted to see my mama's titties.

Joe - whats the point of even staying in the good parts? I was paying close to 6% property tax but I would have to pay for private school on top of that. the costs of the good neighborhoods are going up drastically. why buy a decent town home for 250k when you can buy a decent town home in Columbia for 250k?

--------------------------

lol why were travel expenses approved for councilwoman Helen Holton to travel to hawaii for a convention addressing west coast state issues when only reps for those west coast states are going .. except some random lady named Helen Holton from Balt City.
-------------------------------

Last edited by over the mountain; 05-20-2015 at 12:56 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #64
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Trust me, right there with you OTM. Stuck here for a year or so, but have had enough. Can't get out soon enough.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #65
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Where you headed Joe?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why couldn’t $130 million transform one of Baltimore’s poorest places? - The Washington Post

I dont know if this had been posted before, but this disgusts me...130 million tax dollars flushed down the drain. Thats your tax money. Im sure a good part of the money ended up in corrupt city officals, local clergy, corrupt businessmen...

I would never live in baltimore, overtaxed and poorly run.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #67
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Where you headed Joe?
To the 'burbs. Still will work here. Just don't want to live here.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #68
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why couldn’t $130 million transform one of Baltimore’s poorest places? - The Washington Post

I dont know if this had been posted before, but this disgusts me...130 million tax dollars flushed down the drain. Thats your tax money. Im sure a good part of the money ended up in corrupt city officals, local clergy, corrupt businessmen...

I would never live in baltimore, overtaxed and poorly run.
I have a friend who is a contractor with the City. The stories he tells me about the massive waste of money taking place are insane!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:25 AM   #69
MTK
\m/

The Wire was all truth.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I have a friend who is a contractor with the City. The stories he tells me about the massive waste of money taking place are insane!
Yeah, I mean waste happens everywhere...but when you have the same politicians, the same insiders, from the same party, saying the same thing, making the same promises over and over in Baltimore...folks you got to change it up. The samething isn't working, doesn't everyone realize that?

Politicians, civic leaders, the police, and most important the people who reside in Baltimore all are responsible for their city. It absolutely disgusts me when the Baltimore riots were happening and cnn was interviewing a recognizable Maryland senator or congressman...I forget his name...older black man. But his fucking excuse was the federal government had cut a program...and they needed more federal help ie "money". I seriously want to punch this mf'er out. The only thing his punk ass can come up with is my fucking federal tax dollars? Fuck you u fucking irresponsible piece of shit...clean up or own fucking problem.

He Gets Us
Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #71
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah, I mean waste happens everywhere...but when you have the same politicians, the same insiders, from the same party, saying the same thing, making the same promises over and over in Baltimore...folks you got to change it up. The samething isn't working, doesn't everyone realize that?

Politicians, civic leaders, the police, and most important the people who reside in Baltimore all are responsible for their city. It absolutely disgusts me when the Baltimore riots were happening and cnn was interviewing a recognizable Maryland senator or congressman...I forget his name...older black man. But his fucking excuse was the federal government had cut a program...and they needed more federal help ie "money". I seriously want to punch this mf'er out. The only thing his punk ass can come up with is my fucking federal tax dollars? Fuck you u fucking irresponsible piece of shit...clean up or own fucking problem.
im guessing Elijah Cummings.

Currently the Dem rep on the Benghazi panel which is nothing more than republicans using tax payer money for their own partisan political motives.

--------------------------------

I read a pretty insightful article on Baltimore's collapse post industrial period. Seems pretty spot on. Around the 30-40's the industrial plants employing a ton of people closed up, so the workers and white people kinda moved out and black people moved in and bought row homes in what they thought were good solid real estate moves.

But the jobs werent there anymore, the remaining affluent white people in their white gloves and hats that once walked Lexington Market did not do so anymore bc they did not want to mix with the new black population so that further pushed the remaining white people out of those areas. im sorry if i speak so openly about racial divide here. im repeating what the article said.

fast forward 6 decades later with no job growth, crumbling infrastructure and property values that sharply declined = half of baltimore as we see it today. huge blocks of boarded up crumbling row homes with something like 46% unemployment in the bad parts. even where i live in upper fells/washington hill we have random blocks of abandoned properties.

there are a lot of great hard working people in these depreciated areas. a lot of baltimore's soul and identity are rooted in these areas.

so sad. ive stuck up for baltimore for so long but i now realize i was insulated. i lived in locust point or fells point proper. the cities issues were foreign to me. with having made the mistake of moving to a bad block this past year and the riots, im just eyes-wide-open sad.

seeing a lazy car accident atty voted States Atty is sad.

becoming aware of just how bad our local council is and the nepotism and rewarded incompetence is just so sad.

Last edited by over the mountain; 05-22-2015 at 12:51 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I don't live in Baltimore, and I haven't grown up around it, so I am definitely an outsider looking in. That said, on the radio this morning, the mayor made a statement that really ticked me off. It was, paraphrasing, She was grateful for President Obama's handling of a meeting to get things right, and (this is the part that aggravated me) she said that Sen Mikulsky said "this was the most intense discussion" about Baltimore she ever had been a part of.

What ticks me off is these politicians have been the ones creating the climate for the past 30 years (Mikulski specifically : Office: Senator (D-MD) since 1987
Previous office: Representative (MD 3rd District) 1977–1987) 40+ years, and somehow these discussions are going to change anything?

How do people BELIEVE this crud?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't live in Baltimore, and I haven't grown up around it, so I am definitely an outsider looking in. That said, on the radio this morning, the mayor made a statement that really ticked me off. It was, paraphrasing, She was grateful for President Obama's handling of a meeting to get things right, and (this is the part that aggravated me) she said that Sen Mikulsky said "this was the most intense discussion" about Baltimore she ever had been a part of.

What ticks me off is these politicians have been the ones creating the climate for the past 30 years (Mikulski specifically : Office: Senator (D-MD) since 1987
Previous office: Representative (MD 3rd District) 1977–1987) 40+ years, and somehow these discussions are going to change anything?

How do people BELIEVE this crud?
Lotta times institutions folks blindly put their trust in (large church congregations, school boards, civic leaders, community activists) are secretly in cohoots with the business leaders, real estate holding/developers, and politicians who only care about money. So these people work behind the scenes together for personal gain. Quid pro quo folks

Folks, Matty point of the wire,is actually not far off. I've seen it in Richmond

He Gets Us
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #74
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Lotta times institutions folks blindly put their trust in (large church congregations, school boards, civic leaders, community activists) are secretly in cohoots with the business leaders, real estate holding/developers, and politicians who only care about money. So these people work behind the scenes together for personal gain. Quid pro quo folks

Folks, Matty point of the wire,is actually not far off. I've seen it in Richmond
I get it, but I don't GET it. You elect someone for 40 years, and at the end of 40 years they are telling me, we've got this covered, I'm calling BS.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I get it, but I don't GET it. You elect someone for 40 years, and at the end of 40 years they are telling me, we've got this covered, I'm calling BS.
Well they have had it covered for 40 years right?

Another reason for term limits. Not having term limits embeds corrupt, quid pro quo behavior. From the local level to Washington. Believe me, that dog shit mayor is on the same path from the local level to the federal level.

He Gets Us