Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cousins 3.0, he's going to sign the franchise tag

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #31
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Cousins 3.0, he's going to sign the franchise tag

long term deal is still possible. At this point I expect a long term deal or he plays under the FT. I don't think he's going anywhere via trade.

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #32
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

5 years, $115 mil, $80 mil guaranteed

get'er done.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

per Chick Hernandez Twitter:

Source close to the Cousins camp tells me as long as Bruce Allen is team president , he will NOT negotiate a long term deal. #redskins

Welp if true, add it to the list of botched shit Bruce Allen has managed in his career here as a Redskin exec. unbelievable

Chick Hernandez of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports Kirk Cousins will not negotiate a long-term deal with the Redskins as long as Bruce Allen remains team president.

Hernandez went on to say Cousins' viewpoint of Allen and the way the situation with ex-GM Scot McCloughan was handled is shared by "most of the players." Surprisingly, employees seem to take umbrage when their boss publicly flogs a different employee with rumors which may or may not be true. While Cousins looks destined to stick around in Washington this season, it seems all but certain he will bolt next spring, leaving the Redskins without the quality talent evaluator they ran out of town and a franchise quarterback. This is fine.

yup, here comes the trickle effect of complete dysfunctional mismanagement by Bruce and Dan

He Gets Us
Old 03-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #34
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Source close to the Cousins camp tells me as long as Bruce Allen is team president , he will NOT negotiate a long term deal. #redskins

Welp if true, add it to the list of botched shit Bruce Allen has managed in his career here as a Redskin exec. unbelievable

Chick Hernandez of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports Kirk Cousins will not negotiate a long-term deal with the Redskins as long as Bruce Allen remains team president.

Hernandez went on to say Cousins' viewpoint of Allen and the way the situation with ex-GM Scot McCloughan was handled is shared by "most of the players." Surprisingly, employees seem to take umbrage when their boss publicly flogs a different employee with rumors which may or may not be true. While Cousins looks destined to stick around in Washington this season, it seems all but certain he will bolt next spring, leaving the Redskins without the quality talent evaluator they ran out of town and a franchise quarterback. This is fine.

yup, here comes the trickle effect of complete dysfunctional mismanagement by Bruce and Dan
old news.... 5 minutes

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...cy-2017-a.html
Old 03-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Y does Kirk not like Bruce? Dude drafted him. Seems like a cop out to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #36
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Did I miss something. When did BA publicly flog Scot McCloughan? Granted whatever transpired, it doesn't appear that it was handled with awesomeness, but the fact of the matter is, I don't know what the hell transpired - who does besides Scot, BA, and DS? BA might not have told the whole truth when he talked about how Scot's absence was related to his grandmother's death, etc...but is Chick alluding to BA being the anonymous source in Redskins Park talking about the alcohol problem being the reason for his firing?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

So, just to be clear, KC, a qb of top but not elite talent, now feels he not only owes it to all following qbs to negotiate an elite level contract, and owes it to all the fellow Skins to choose who he will negotiate that said contract with. Sorry he needs to chill out and realize he's playing a kids game for enough money to feed a small country.

Honestly BA is an excellent contract writer and KCs unwillingness to work with him makes me wonder if he just doesn't like the off ramp clauses Bruce wants to add in.

He's reaching my go the eff away limit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Y does Kirk not like Bruce? Dude drafted him. Seems like a cop out to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Too me, this is just another bullet in the gun for Cousin to negotiate a trade...not a contract.

as a great man once said:

SAD!

He Gets Us
Old 03-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #39
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I'm no expert with all this. Can anyone explain if Kirk can turn down a trade, if say Cleveland came calling? I get that he holds leverage as far as he can just play under the FT and basically walk next year, but if a trade is proposed, and it's not SF, can he block that trade?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #40
Evilgrin
The Starter

It's pretty simple, sign Kirk and move forward. Don't sign Kirk, then alot of the rumors about contract issues being with BA and DS look pretty accurate. The players liked SM, probably made some people jealous.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Old 03-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm no expert with all this. Can anyone explain if Kirk can turn down a trade, if say Cleveland came calling? I get that he holds leverage as far as he can just play under the FT and basically walk next year, but if a trade is proposed, and it's not SF, can he block that trade?
I'm pretty sure he can't block the trade, but no team would trade for him unless they knew he'd be willing to make a long term deal.

I'm sick of Cousins, I know we have major dysfunction in the FO, but this is the team (and the coach) who made it possible for him to become a top QB. The team paid him $20 million dollars last season and are willing to pay him $24 million this season and he's being all diva-like/bitchy about this?

Just shut up and play.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm pretty sure he can't block the trade, but no team would trade for him unless they knew he'd be willing to make a long term deal.

I'm sick of Cousins, I know we have major dysfunction in the FO, but this is the team (and the coach) who made it possible for him to become a top QB. The team paid him $20 million dollars last season and are willing to pay him $24 million this season and he's being all diva-like/bitchy about this?

Just shut up and play.
Yeah, I don't know what all is going on inside that organization, and without that knowledge, it's hard to argue with what you are saying there.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #43
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

If I'm the skins:
1) Offer a good contract. 21-24 per year with incentives to go higher.
2) Play him under the franchise if he doesn't sign it.
3) Toss the transition tag on him next year and get 2 #1's or match the contract he negotiates with another club. KC no longer negotiating with Bruce!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #44
53Fan
Franchise Player

Report: Kirk Cousins won't sign with Bruce Allen still employed

Now that he's signed the tag he can be traded. Maybe that was the plan. Obviously no love lost between Kirk and Allen. Read somewhere Scott wanted him signed last year, Allen didnt.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:13 PM   #45
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
If I'm the skins:
3) Toss the transition tag on him next year and get 2 #1's or match the contract he negotiates with another club. KC no longer negotiating with Bruce!
Tossing the tag for a third time is not practical. If they did this, it would certainly sour things for all involved. If nobody matches 34 million, the team is on the hook for it. Now you're stuck paying one player 20 percent of your cap... a player that's probably beyond not wanting to play for you anymore. And it's a bad look to potential FAs (and QB draftees).

my blather
Closed Thread