Democratic Primary Push for White House

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #226
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Democratic Primary Push for White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's not normal, Biden used his connections to get Hunter a job he had no business doing.

How is that any different from Ivanka and Jared and Don Jr. becoming top presidential advisors? What relevant experience do they bring to the table that isn't related to being Trump's kids?
It isn't but he is gonna ignore you.

Advertisements
Old 02-20-2020, 05:01 AM   #227
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This debate...Biden is pathetic, he’s done.

Climate justice? Psshhh

Warren is so full of shit. Trillion dollar plans which make zero sense.

Bloomberg and Klobuchar at least sound half reasonable. But this entire thing is a fucking mess.

And sanders is the worst. Trump will run over him like Derrick Henry
These debates remind me of the republican debates , they are all shit shows till about August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zjsh5noOw
Old 02-20-2020, 06:15 AM   #228
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Mike Bloomberg needs to jump on this asap.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:32 AM   #229
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Dana Perino is a smokeshow.
She has always been...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:34 AM   #230
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Mike Bloomberg needs to jump on this asap.

Bloomberg is the ultimate wolf in sheep cloths for dems.

Big win for Trump last night.

He Gets Us
Old 02-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #231
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Bloomberg is the ultimate wolf in sheep cloths for dems.

Big win for Trump last night.
...................a trumpette sheep would think so.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #232
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
These debates remind me of the republican debates , they are all shit shows till about August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zjsh5noOw
...........keep ignoring it chico.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:54 AM   #233
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Damn! ......those pesky russians are at it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-lea...224100962.html

House leaders reportedly learned Russia was trying to get Trump re-elected — and Trump was angry about it

Last week, the House Intelligence Committee reportedly received a briefing detailing how Russia was once again interfering in the 2020 election. The next day, Trump attacked his outgoing national intelligence director for letting the briefing happen, people familiar with the exchange told The New York Times.

The committee, led by Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), learned from intelligence official Shelby Pierson that Russia was working to get Trump re-elected this fall, five people familiar with the matter said. Pierson has a reputation for bluntness, and some officials who heard about the briefing suggested Pierson should've left out the bit on Russia to avoid riling up Republicans in the room. Trump's allies at the briefing "challenged the conclusions, arguing that Mr. Trump has been tough on Russia and strengthened European security," the Times writes.

An even bigger uproar came the next day from Trump himself, who berated acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire for what was said in the briefing. This happened last Friday, and late Wednesday, Trump announced he was replacing Maguire with U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, who's unabashedly loyal to the president
Old 02-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #234
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Every country in the world has a preference on who they want the American president to be. The same way America does for other countries in the world. Y'all are just fucking obsessed with Russia.

Trump can't do anything about a country wanting him to be re-elected. If the house is so obsessed with Russia then they should review what the country is doing (going back to long before Trump) to prevent actual illegal interference and pass law(s) or include extra money in the budget, etc. to develop better ways to monitor and stop this from happening.

Whether Russia wants Trump or not, he isn't losing to any of these Democrat clowns that are running in 2020.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 02-21-2020 at 12:20 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #235
SunnySide
Playmaker

I dont think Trump "colluded" with Russia. I do think Russia initiated a social media blitz that was just parroting and creating an echo chamber for right wing conspiracies with the goal of (1) sewing dissention among americans (gee how is this thread playing out, lots of name calling, trench warfare and tribalism) and (2) get Trump elected bc hes easily manipulated.

Trump has though been the gullible fool being played by Russia and Putin. And SA and anyone else who wants to manipulate him by overly complimenting him.

Trump is still parroting this Crowd Strike election interference came from Ukraine and not Russia ... when the intelligence community says it was clearly Russia. I dont think trump did anything wrong w Russia in 2016 but he thinks if he admits Russia did a misinformation campaign to favor him in the election .. that somehow takes way from his "biggest electoral win since Reagan".

Trump is just a useful idiot, especially for someone like Putin.

edit - please note that me calling Trump an idiot is not an attack on any Trump supporter. I mean .. the guy is vain, dumb in a dangerous way bc he thinks hes the smartest person in every room and is a narcisstic pathelogical liar .. that got voted by conservatives to be president for only the 1/3 conservative part of our County.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #236
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I dont think Trump "colluded" with Russia. I do think Russia initiated a social media blitz that was just parroting and creating an echo chamber for right wing conspiracies with the goal of (1) sewing dissention among americans (gee how is this thread playing out, lots of name calling, trench warfare and tribalism) and (2) get Trump elected bc hes easily manipulated.

Trump has though been the gullible fool being played by Russia and Putin. And SA and anyone else who wants to manipulate him by overly complimenting him.

Trump is still parroting this Crowd Strike election interference came from Ukraine and not Russia ... when the intelligence community says it was clearly Russia. I dont think trump did anything wrong w Russia in 2016 but he thinks if he admits Russia did a misinformation campaign to favor him in the election .. that somehow takes way from his "biggest electoral win since Reagan".

Trump is just a useful idiot, especially for someone like Putin.
I agree with this to the extent that you go, but I would add that the whole of our system has become useful idiots. Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi turn to rabid little puppies when they get a whiff of an antiTrump bone, true or not. They howl and yap, and the media play it up.

We now have 3+ years of Trump dealing with Russia and 30 years of Bernie's love of Russia. It is hard to see that Russia would prefer an administration that pushed for and sent lethal aid to Ukraine over a Biden administration that fought against it.

Common sense should point to the obvious reason Russia would support Trump and that is because they gain when our political house is fractured. And it is fractured because of the bizarre hatred and vindictiveness from both sides that they, the Russians, can - as you said - so easily manipulate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #237
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree with this to the extent that you go, but I would add that the whole of our system has become useful idiots. Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi turn to rabid little puppies when they get a whiff of an antiTrump bone, true or not. They howl and yap, and the media play it up.

We now have 3+ years of Trump dealing with Russia and 30 years of Bernie's love of Russia. It is hard to see that Russia would prefer an administration that pushed for and sent lethal aid to Ukraine over a Biden administration that fought against it.

Common sense should point to the obvious reason Russia would support Trump and that is because they gain when our political house is fractured. And it is fractured because of the bizarre hatred and vindictiveness from both sides that they, the Russians, can - as you said - so easily manipulate.

Agreed. The Syria withdrawl has been bothering me lately. I thoght we should have stayed at least as monitors to keep the Kurds from being crushed and the Dems and liberals were screaming how this is genocide for the US to pull out.

I was inundated with Syria refuge crisis articles and politicians taking turns talking into the microphone about the greatest humanitarian crisis of all time ...

Now you hear nothing. Idlib is now being fought over by Russia/Syria with Turkey probably backing off. This is causing 800k to 2 million people, families, being forced to evacuate and just walk towards the Turkey border where Turkey already has like 4 million syrian refugees in camps.

Where is the continued 24/7 coverage of this? where are those so concerned politicians now?
Old 02-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #238
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Agreed. The Syria withdrawl has been bothering me lately. I thoght we should have stayed at least as monitors to keep the Kurds from being crushed and the Dems and liberals were screaming how this is genocide for the US to pull out.

I was inundated with Syria refuge crisis articles and politicians taking turns talking into the microphone about the greatest humanitarian crisis of all time ...

Now you hear nothing. Idlib is now being fought over by Russia/Syria with Turkey probably backing off. This is causing 800k to 2 million people, families, being forced to evacuate and just walk towards the Turkey border where Turkey already has like 4 million syrian refugees in camps.

Where is the continued 24/7 coverage of this? where are those so concerned politicians now?
If the Obama Administration would have put up the No Fly Zone and armed Kurds...This would have been over 3-4 years ago and Syria would be having elections now.

He Gets Us
Old 02-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #239
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
If the Obama Administration would have put up the No Fly Zone and armed Kurds...This would have been over 3-4 years ago and Syria would be having elections now.
I dont think even the mighty USA can go an unilaterally enforce a no fly zone in a foreign country .. restricting that country from flying in their own air space. Russia already buzzes our guys when we are flying in international air space.

No way Russia and Syria would have abided by it, creates way to many instances where "something" could happen. A no fly zone sounded nice but I dont think it would be realistic.

Arming the kurds - I feel like we did but said we were only sending defensive material and not tanks etc but we hooked them up as much as we could. They had those shoulder launcher things to take down helicopters and tanks. Turkey and the Kurds is a delicate relationship and I think we did have to balance helping the Kurds fight ISIS while also limiting the disdain from Turkey.

----------------

Middle east diplomacy? I dont think there are any "best case" scenarios re diplomacy. You could argue pros and cons for no fly zone or complete pull out or maintaining a monitor presence. All would be right but also wrong.

Damned if you, damned if you dont.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #240
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Sunny,

I don't have a good answer for that. I suppose it is because no US politician has an effective policy for it, except to let it play out. If Trump refuses Erdogans request for Patriot missiles, you likely will see it come back into the mainstream but otherwise it will take a backpage to the sniping politics of all the media.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote