D 0 0%
F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #76
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Dan Snyder deserves some credit imo

- putting together a few people/team of outsiders early on this season to help him prepare to find a HC, with Bruce Allen getting zero input or participation. He was proactive and didnt wait until week 17 to being the process.

- Keeping it almost completely secret and not a media talking point. Only last week did we start to hear that Dan had gathered a team of outsiders to help him transition. This could have been a cloud of speculation and media hyperbole but it was kept under wraps with no leaks.

- Getting the no. 1 choice Ron Rivera when I assume he could have landed multiple jobs.

Obviously who knows how Rivera will pan out here but I like Snyder being proactive and keeping it silent.

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #77
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
With the NFC East the way it is, we have a good chance to spring out in front.
Let's temper our expectations a little bit...we finished 3-13....like....yesterday.
I like the hire and the young talent...but this is all shit we have seen before. I wont give this team the benefit of the doubt until well into the next season. Ita just more of the same, until it isnt anymore.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #78
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

- putting together a few people/team of outsiders early on this season to help him prepare to find a HC, with Bruce Allen getting zero input or participation. He was proactive and didnt wait until week 17 to being the process.

- Keeping it almost completely secret and not a media talking point. Only last week did we start to hear that Dan had gathered a team of outsiders to help him transition. This could have been a cloud of speculation and media hyperbole but it was kept under wraps with no leaks.

- Getting the no. 1 choice Ron Rivera when I assume he could have landed multiple jobs.

Obviously who knows how Rivera will pan out here but I like Snyder being proactive and keeping it silent.
Pat on the back, Danny Boy.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Let's temper our expectations a little bit...we finished 3-13....like....yesterday.

I like the hire and the young talent...but this is all shit we have seen before. I wont give this team the benefit of the doubt until well into the next season. Ita just more of the same, until it isnt anymore.
My main point was that the whole NFC East is in the garbage, so if the team gets right there is good young talent on both sides of the ball to build from and a division that can be taken.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If this team can get a legit Defense for once, I don't see why they cant compete for the East next yr.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #81
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I dont know...just talking about winning the east a literal day after finishing 3-13 is def drinking the koolaid aid that Dan's serving up.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:36 AM   #82
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

This!
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #83
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

We've been through this too many times for me to be fooled again. It's like an abusive relationship.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #84
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
We've been through this too many times for me to be fooled again. It's like an abusive relationship.
I don't blame you at all, I'm a little excited about this whole thing.. Not super pumped, but excited with some reservations. We need to acknowledge that Ron has shown that he can manage a team and win. Out of all head coach candidates this year, Ron is one of the top viable candidates and I believe it would be a win for Redskins if Ron becomes Redskins head coach.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #85
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Reports are that he may bring in Steve Wilkes as DC. Am i missing something, other than that they coached together for a couple years. Nothing about Wilkes resume is particularly impressive.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Reports are that he may bring in Steve Wilkes as DC. Am i missing something, other than that they coached together for a couple years. Nothing about Wilkes resume is particularly impressive.
Agree on that, he did a great job the Super Bowl season but since then he hasn't been very good
Old 12-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #87
HTTR
Special Teams

Ron Rivera Thread

On the GM question, there are only two possibilities: either Ron and Dan already have agreed on the name(s) that would work, as Matty said, or a new structure is being put in place with Smith, Rivera, Schaffer, and Snyder running it all. No way Rivera is coming on board with a question mark at GM.

I fear a little that Dan is promising a level of control to Ron that is unrealistic with an eventual GM and/or that Dan sees himself as the White Knight and wants to be more active in fixing the Redskins.

Last edited by HTTR; 12-30-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: plus Schaffer
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #88
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Kerrigan was a great 4-3 DE in college. He might be a very good player at that position.
He's also 31 and just spent a decade at outside linebacker. Even if he is very good, I'm not betting on him having long term success at the position. And we're already stacked at starting ends with Ionnadis and Allen. Doubt Kerrigan wants to be a backup at this stage of his career too.

Only way I see Kerrigan staying is as an outside linebacker with more coverage responsibilities. That's not a good look for him at this stage of his career.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
no surprise...he's close with Wilkes and was elevated to assistant HC at one point with Riverboat. I think its a positive at this point to have someone to lean on in order to get the structure down within the team.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:56 AM   #90
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
+1 on this. Suspect addition if it does happen. I'm sure Wilks and Rivera are good friends but I don't see anything at any of his previous stops to inspire confidence. I'd be ok with this if Rivera is defensive playcaller.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote