Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dwayne Haskins

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Thumbs up or down on Haskins
Up 57 83.82%
Down 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #421
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,538
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Could they not carry Colt on the "practice squad"?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #422
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,146
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Could they not carry Colt on the "practice squad"?
No.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #423
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,716
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Could they not carry Colt on the "practice squad"?
Come on man do you follow the NFL? Guys with more than two seasons in the NFL are ineligible for the practice squad.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #424
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,538
Re: Dwayne Haskins

......Yes I follow the NFL , I do not however follow the "practice squad".
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #425
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 482
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just look at his history, he doesn't like to carry 3 QB's. As far as coaches in this league goes Jay is pretty straight forward and honest most of the time. And when he does go coach speak it's usually not hard to read between the lines with him.
Jay is pretty honest overall and the truth is that Colt will stay in shape off the team and only be a phone call away if needed.
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #426
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,408
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Jay is pretty honest overall and the truth is that Colt will stay in shape off the team and only be a phone call away if needed.
If he is let go I seriously doubt he would get picked up by another team. He will be on the couch Sundays watching the NFL, drinking and eating like the rest of us.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 07-13-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Buffalo Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #427
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 482
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If he is let go I seriously doubt he would get picked up by another team. He will be on the coach Sundays watching the NFL, drinking and eating like the rest of us.
Agreed. I doubt any team wants him as a backup. His value to Jay is that he knows the Redskisn playbook and the offense and WR. He's young enough to stay in football shape and if they need him he'll be there immediately.
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #428
OnceWeWereKings
Impact Rookie
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 526
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Someone will pick him up at some point. Did anyone think Josh johnson would ever play another down of nfl football? Probably not....js
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #429
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,408
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Someone will pick him up at some point. Did anyone think Josh johnson would ever play another down of nfl football? Probably not....js
That was a pretty extreme circumstance, the Redskins basically needed a 4th team QB.
Buffalo Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #430
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,639
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Colt would definitely find a backup job somewhere else if released.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #431
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,711
Re: Dwayne Haskins

I would keep Colt simply because he can come in and start for a week or two. He'll be able to run the offense. He can also come off the bench and play well if needed.

Moving forward the Redskins need to start drafting a QB every year. Guys get hurt, under perform. They have totally mismanaged the QB position for too many years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #432
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,535
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I would keep Colt simply because he can come in and start for a week or two. He'll be able to run the offense. He can also come off the bench and play well if needed.



Moving forward the Redskins need to start drafting a QB every year. Guys get hurt, under perform. They have totally mismanaged the QB position for too many years.
I agree with keeping Colt McCoy, but I disagree with Drafing a QB every year.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #433
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,609
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I agree with keeping Colt McCoy, but I disagree with Drafing a QB every year.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
If Haskins doesn't show true franchise QB potential by 2021 , I would look at another QB early but I believe he will
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #434
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 2,608
Re: Dwayne Haskins

I def think we should keep Colt on the team. I anxiously await him entering a meaningless game, during the meaningless season, only to be blindsides and broken. It is his destiny.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #435
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,794
Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I def think we should keep Colt on the team. I anxiously await him entering a meaningless game, during the meaningless season, only to be blindsides and broken. It is his destiny.
no shit. Another example of Jay's guy doing zilch for this team.

Could cut him and Vernon Davis and invested in a decent TE, because Jordan Reed destiny is calling already.

Can we get a poll up on either what Reed will injure first or the amount of games missed this year?
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.38158 seconds with 13 queries