Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Reuben Foster carted off with apparent leg injury

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #46
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Re: Reuben Foster carted off with apparent leg injury

Bad Karma, maybe his charges were dropped and the NFL didn't suspend him but someone else knew the truth.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #47
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
You must have missed it.

Dude became an Eagles fan the last 2 weeks of last season. While we were still playoff eligible.

My post was asking him what his new friends thought.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I remember that but didn't recall it was him. Banner post friend
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #48
metalskins
The Starter

Maybe I never paid much attention during the 80's and 90's, but I never heard of so many ACL injuries before in the NFL until the past few years. I'm wondering if players kept playing on these knee injuries in the past without realizing exactly how severe the injury actually is?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #49
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Maybe I never paid much attention during the 80's and 90's, but I never heard of so many ACL injuries before in the NFL until the past few years. I'm wondering if players kept playing on these knee injuries in the past without realizing exactly how severe the injury actually is?
Weren't there still players working second jobs during the offseason up into the 80's? I feel like the players now do not give their bodies the rest they need.

They push their bodies to the limit year round and that can't be healthy. It's like redlining your engine every single moment that you're driving. How long before your car suffers a setback?

Take the spring and summer off, drink some beer, eat some bbq, chill the fuck out. Get healthy and come back hungry.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #50
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
You must have missed it.

Dude became an Eagles fan the last 2 weeks of last season. While we were still playoff eligible.

My post was asking him what his new friends thought.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm still waiting for him to provide his source on Daniel Jones' close and personal relationship with Eli Manning or just admit that he made it up.

It's cool either way, just come clean, Dawg.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #51
skinsqc
Camp Scrub

At some point when you loose your starters year after year don't you lay the blame on the man planning the practices, drills,etc.If you work in a factory and for three years in row you have a 50 percent of your work force gets hurt somebody ass is getting fired.Not with redskins we just stay status quo.we are not cursed just piss poorly run.
skinsqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Twitter "docs" are saying it could only be a 6-10 week injury. lets hope so
That’s why I never take my injuries to the Twitter doctor.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #53
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's a new year. I just don't understand how anyone was counting on RF. He's played like 15 or 16 games in two years. They rolled the dice and lost. Time to move on.
This is kind of where I'm at with this. He hasn't played a down with the Redskins so it's hard to really call it a loss. Sure they were ready to pencil him in as a starting linebacker, but he wasn't here last year and we do have some depth at that position from the last couple of drafts...time for one of them to step up.

I just hate it for Reuben Foster the man. I hear all this karma talk, and how he may have just had this coming to him...that's BS and narrow minded in my opinion. This was a real opportunity for this dude to get his life right, more important than getting his football career back on track. I just hope he stays close to the team, teammates, facility and doesn't 'wander off' and find more trouble.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #54
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Weren't there still players working second jobs during the offseason up into the 80's? I feel like the players now do not give their bodies the rest they need.

They push their bodies to the limit year round and that can't be healthy. It's like redlining your engine every single moment that you're driving. How long before your car suffers a setback?

Take the spring and summer off, drink some beer, eat some bbq, chill the fuck out. Get healthy and come back hungry.
Right! I'm starting to think that players are trying to get so much bigger and faster that it's starting to wear down their bodies. John Riggins never lifted weights. He was a part of the "5 o'clock club" where he drank beer after practice. Not saying that drinking beer and not working out is the healthier thing to do, but like you said, some of those players worked other jobs and didn't spend every waking minute on football. I mean, there were some big, strong dudes back in the day, but nothing like what we have today.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #55
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Right! I'm starting to think that players are trying to get so much bigger and faster that it's starting to wear down their bodies. John Riggins never lifted weights. He was a part of the "5 o'clock club" where he drank beer after practice. Not saying that drinking beer and not working out is the healthier thing to do, but like you said, some of those players worked other jobs and didn't spend every waking minute on football. I mean, there were some big, strong dudes back in the day, but nothing like what we have today.
Riggins had an image he projected. He took care of himself, he lifted, he worked extra. He did have a good time, no doubt, but he was all in as far as the skins were concerned. The link below is pretty clear illumination into Riggins the player and why he was able to lead the skins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQN4skHIUlc&t=1033s
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #56
jamf
Pro Bowl

https://news.yahoo.com/santa-anita-r...opstories.html

Reminds me of the injuries sustained at Santa Anita Race Track.
Race track officials initially blamed trainers and doping but it turned out to be issues with the track caused by lots of rain in the off season.

The Redskins needs to bring in people to monitor all aspects of team activities to try and figure out what is going on.

I put the blame on Gruden.
You can't blame luck or karma going into season 5 of this same old bullshit. Gruden has to be accountable for this.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #57
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Race track officials initially blamed trainers and doping but it turned out to be issues with the track caused by lots of rain in the off season.

The Redskins needs to bring in people to monitor all aspects of team activities to try and figure out what is going on.

You can't blame luck or karma going into season 5 of this same old bullshit. Gruden has to be accountable for this.
Redskins brought in consultants to assess all injuries recently. And how can Gruden prevent injuries? I'm trying to understand why you are pinning the issue on Gruden.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #58
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Redskins brought in consultants to assess all injuries recently. And how can Gruden prevent injuries? I'm trying to understand why you are pinning the issue on Gruden.

Easy answer: He's the man in charge.

If it's not the training facility, then it's how they train/prepare.

I don't believe in bad luck 5 years in a row.

First and foremost, they need players that can standup to 16 games a season. Let's look at the decision to keep Lauvao last year.

You expect him to miss games. His backup went down early in the preseason, that was bad luck. They don't find a dedicated backup and have to shift the line when Lauvao does breakdown, week 3 or 4. Then they start bringing in guys off the street to play and they end up injured because 2 weeks earlier, they were working out at 24 hour fitness and they aren't used to game speed. If they had replaced Lauvao before the season started we might still have Alex Smith at QB.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but Chico was calling this shit out in preseason last year.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #59
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Gruden is a .500 coach at best. The man should have been fired year before last.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #60
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
Riggins had an image he projected. He took care of himself, he lifted, he worked extra. He did have a good time, no doubt, but he was all in as far as the skins were concerned. The link below is pretty clear illumination into Riggins the player and why he was able to lead the skins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQN4skHIUlc&t=1033s
https://www.redskins.com/video/riggo...lifted-weights