Another Vinny Special: Deangelo Hall

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Another Vinny Special: Deangelo Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
At least Hall can catch. For the life of me, I can't understand why Carlos Rogers can not catch a ball aimed at his face that hits him right in his hands. That would have been an EASY pick 6 that could have changed the whole complexion of the game. He shouldn't be allowed to leave practice until he catches 100 balls in a row. Every time he drops a ball, an angel loses his wings
Rogers drops them but breaks plays too, Hall just gets burned and occasionally gets a ball that bounces right to him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #47
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

why does he play 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #48
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I am going to ask my son's Highschool team to come down and.......school D. Hall on how NOT to wuss out and hide rather than man up, and tackle somebody bigger than he is.
.............ugly
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #49
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
You're talking about a pass that wasn't thrown anywhere near Rogers. I don't know how viable an INT was. I do know that Rogers extended clearly to knock the ball away, so he wasn't even trying to catch it.

Sure if he catches it, he's probably gone, but it wasn't Rogers that Eli was trying to hit in the numbers. He just made a good play on the ball.
I don't get why there's all this hate on Rogers. As much as I'd love to have him have 10 picks every season, I'd rather have him shut down the guy he's supposed to shut down. I mean what would people rather have? A db that gets burned a lot, has shoddy tackling and is out of position sometimes but also gets picks? Or a db that has horrible hands, but still manages to bat down a lot of balls that could've been picks but just ended up being incomplete? Because we have both. D.Hall is the first one and Rogers is the second.

And another thing that people don't think about is anyone could've caught that ball that Hall intercepted. That play was made by Landry, any member of the defense that was standing where Hall was could've grabbed that thing while it was in the air, Rogers included. Rogers just has problems catching the ball when it flies at him and hits him in the numbers too fast. Most of his picks come from balls that get batted or are in the air for a while long enough for him to see it and make a play on it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #50
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I don't get why there's all this hate on Rogers. As much as I'd love to have him have 10 picks every season, I'd rather have him shut down the guy he's supposed to shut down. I mean what would people rather have? A db that gets burned a lot, has shoddy tackling and is out of position sometimes but also gets picks? Or a db that has horrible hands, but still manages to bat down a lot of balls that could've been picks but just ended up being incomplete? Because we have both. D.Hall is the first one and Rogers is the second.

And another thing that people don't think about is anyone could've caught that ball that Hall intercepted. That play was made by Landry, any member of the defense that was standing where Hall was could've grabbed that thing while it was in the air, Rogers included. Rogers just has problems catching the ball when it flies at him and hits him in the numbers too fast. Most of his picks come from balls that get batted or are in the air for a while long enough for him to see it and make a play on it.
Bull's eye! I truly hope our FO will resign Rogers..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

couldn't agree with you more, good post!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #52
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

Bingo. Spot on. We need to hang on to Los.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #53
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Quote:
You're talking about a pass that wasn't thrown anywhere near Rogers. I don't know how viable an INT was. I do know that Rogers extended clearly to knock the ball away, so he wasn't even trying to catch it.

Sure if he catches it, he's probably gone, but it wasn't Rogers that Eli was trying to hit in the numbers. He just made a good play on the ball.

Noo Carlos actually had a play on that ball. He dropped it.. it happened fast but he definetlely dropped it. You can't sit here and tell me he doesn't have the worst hands in the league. Him and smoot absolutely drop everything. Everyones giving Hall shit but he is effective but you have to put him in schemes that fit his talent. Smoot shouldn't even be in the league. He is absolutely an awful tackler, can't catch and gets burned constantly. But yea Carlos should be catching a million balls a practice..
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #54
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
Everyones giving Hall shit but he is effective but you have to put him in schemes that fit his talent.

He can't play press coverage. He can't play zone.
What type of scheme fits his talent?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #55
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Well, you know, he's a 5th year player. And he's played like crap most of his career.

I understand that taking responsibility is the first step to improvement, but without some meaningless popularity contest (read: the pro bowl), the guy wouldn't have had this many chances already.

He's only 25, and hey, maybe the light goes on next week. But he might not realize if not for his athleticism, he would have been out of the league after last year.
That's a bit harsh, he was excellent in Atlanta for 3 years and flamed out in a season where the entire team flamed out. Everyone is terrible in Oakland and he played well for us last season. I understand that Hall is as polarizing as Campbell in love him/hate him but he's nowhere nearly as bad as you're portraying him.

Since I'm not from the DMV area and don't have any non Redskins regional alliances there I wonder sometimes if some opinions were formed based on other factors.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #56
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
He's an excellent zone/combo coverage corner. He's not as good playing press man with his back to the QB. That's pretty well known.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #57
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
And what was Vinny smoking when they signed him for $22.5 Mil guaranteed money. Very bad investment, add another one to the list.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #58
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Since I'm not from the DMV area and don't have any non Redskins regional alliances there I wonder sometimes if some opinions were formed based on other factors.

That goes on a lot around here..lol. There are a few names you can bring up that will cause a few people to go nuts..lol.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 PM   #59
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
That goes on a lot around here..lol. There are a few names you can bring up that will cause a few people to go nuts..lol.
You have a point.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #60
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
Noo Carlos actually had a play on that ball. He dropped it.. it happened fast but he definetlely dropped it. You can't sit here and tell me he doesn't have the worst hands in the league. Him and smoot absolutely drop everything. Everyones giving Hall shit but he is effective but you have to put him in schemes that fit his talent. Smoot shouldn't even be in the league. He is absolutely an awful tackler, can't catch and gets burned constantly. But yea Carlos should be catching a million balls a practice..
I think to drop something you have to be near it. Smoot was getting burned all day long. Seems like as soon as you get rid of Leigh Torrence, somebody else has to take his spot. At this rate, Smoot is better as a dime back rather than a Nickel... Keep this up and he'll end up solely on special teams (we are in need of a new Ade...)

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote