Positives of this Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: Positives of this Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Sorry to pick everyones positive thread to shit in. Honestly it infuriates me to know we are the better team and found a way to lose the game. We let the Giants dictate the game. Allowed them to play a physical against us. I'll agree the G-mens D-line is awsome but their CB's are suspect. It didn't take me but 2 series to figure out that we would need to get Portis the ball behind the D-line some how cause he was not going to run through them. He had only 2 good runs. 17 points. Please. All last yr we scored less then 20 points and yet again with all the weapons supposedly at our disposal we still can't get over the hump.

I'll agree the fake Kick was a thing of beauty but it's pretty bad we had to resort to it. Every time we got into the red zone I kept saying Here's Cooley's chance...oh wait it's a run. Here's Kelly's chance....oh wait its a run. Here's Mitchell's chance do to his height....oh wait its a run.

I'm glad your over it. I think by Wed. I might be over it. See for me It seems like this town is totally different after a loss and I'm sure I'll feel it for a couple of more days. Not to mention having a family member who is a Dallas fan saying ...."Oh did the Skins lose? Sorry."
Just remind them that we weren't playing Tampa Bay.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
53Fan
Franchise Player

I think there were a lot of positives. Cooley got the ball alot and scored. It was good to see JC hit him in the endzone. ARE is playing where he should be and doing well. The 0-line played well in their first game and should get better. Rogers played very well and didn't seem hampered by his injury. Fletch had 18 tackles and Rocky had one of his better games. AH pushed the pocket, now we have to take better advantage of it. JC made a couple of mistakes but hit a high percentage of his passes. There were a lot of mistakes but I expect them to be corrected.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I think there were a lot of positives. Cooley got the ball alot and scored. It was good to see JC hit him in the endzone. ARE is playing where he should be and doing well. The 0-line played well in their first game and should get better. Rogers played very well and didn't seem hampered by his injury. Fletch had 18 tackles and Rocky had one of his better games. AH pushed the pocket, now we have to take better advantage of it. JC made a couple of mistakes but hit a high percentage of his passes. There were a lot of mistakes but I expect them to be corrected.
Nice post . We have 15 games to make this season ,,,, next up ,, LAMS
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
WaldSkins
Playmaker

1.) Portis showed some good speed and cuts
2.) ARE is in the slot- looked good
Old 09-14-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Coff
Impact Rookie

Skins defense surrendered only 16 points despite being on the field for more than 35 minutes; the offense line held up well against the league's best pass rush; Campbell did well converting third and longs (against the league's most difficult team to do so); Campbell got multiple receivers involved and the vertical passing game was an improvement over last year; the team played tough in 4th quarter whereas a year ago they rarely showed such integrity.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
rypper11
The Starter

Red Zone stands (if the G-Men had lost everyone would be discussing how dumb Coughlin was to go for it on 4th down, up by 3 in a defensive game instead of how dumb Zorn is for trying a trick play too early to slow down the G-Men's aggressiveness).
No quit. I truly believe it would have been a blowout last season (especially the second half of the year) because guys would have laid down after the first half. They didn't.
ARE in the slot. He is great there and even if Kelly and Thomas never catch a pass, leave him in the slot where he can team with Cooley in stretching the seam.
D-Line got pressure w/o blitzes and Jacobs didn't kill us as he did last Sept.
If we beat the teams we should, we are still a playoff team.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Another positive....this was probaboly the hardest game (on paper) on our schedule this season. You'd have to think @ DAL , @ PHI, @ NY are the hardest games of the season, and I think NY is the best of the three (although Philly was impressive yesterday)....
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

It was FRUSTRATING because we had oppurtunities to take this game! Getting to that point we did a lot of positive things. Much to build on (which has been covered already) AND kick some serious ass and get the offense in the groove over the next 6 games or so. That should be a great boon as the last half of the schedule will be more....challenging.
AND, AND hopefully the D can get in the groove and deliver the pass rush we SHOULD BE GETTING
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
cdskins26
Special Teams

Defense was really strong other than the manningham TD early on. The red-zone stands are a huge improvement and portis had a nice opening run. Cooley was solid. Moss was off his game. I have to say after supporting Campbell for the last 3 years in his development, we should look for a QB in the draft come April.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Defense was really strong other than the manningham TD early on. The red-zone stands are a huge improvement and portis had a nice opening run. Cooley was solid. Moss was off his game. I have to say after supporting Campbell for the last 3 years in his development, we should look for a QB in the draft come April.
2 big issues with this.

Cooley was solid? Cooley lost 1 fumble and then almost lost another. Ball security seems to be an issue once he's caught the football. He doesn't drop many balls (if any), but it does seem like he has a tendency to put it on the ground while fighting for more yards. He's got to put it away.

How can anyone really say that, based on yesterday, the Skins should give up on Campbell? I concede, throwing the ball about 3 yards past the line of scrimmage was probably the dumbest mistake I've see him make, but that pick was not his all his fault. The ball should have never been thrown, but Moss has to come back to it. Also, it took a hell of a play to even get picked. As for the fumble, that's all on him, he's admitted that and said he's frustrated with himself for that play. Other than that, what was not to like, yesterday? The only time the ball moved (other than 1 running play) was through the air.

There's absolutely no way the running game should not be secondary going forward. Campbell was efficient and they made some big plays with Randle El running after the catch. I'd love to see Kelly and Moss get involved, but when you only throw 26 times, that's not going to happen very often.

I'm encouraged by what I saw out of Campbell, other than those 2 mistakes. As far as the running game goes, I'm only a little concerned because the Giants have the best D Line in football, so I'll wait to say "this line can't run block," but I'd definitely like them to do less of it against St. Louis.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Told you ARE would shine this season if used properly...our leading receiver with 7 for 98.

It was nice to see us force 2 TOs, unfortunately, we matched them. However, getting TOs is a nice chance of pace from last season and I believe it will continue all season.

Best of all, no injuries for us...and McNabb went down.

Losing by 6 to the Giants is not bad, we were bound to lose the opener to them in NJ anyways.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Told you ARE would shine this season if used properly...our leading receiver with 7 for 98.
He looked very good in the slot.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
2 big issues with this.

Cooley was solid? Cooley lost 1 fumble and then almost lost another. Ball security seems to be an issue once he's caught the football. He doesn't drop many balls (if any), but it does seem like he has a tendency to put it on the ground while fighting for more yards. He's got to put it away.

How can anyone really say that, based on yesterday, the Skins should give up on Campbell? I concede, throwing the ball about 3 yards past the line of scrimmage was probably the dumbest mistake I've see him make, but that pick was not his all his fault. The ball should have never been thrown, but Moss has to come back to it. Also, it took a hell of a play to even get picked. As for the fumble, that's all on him, he's admitted that and said he's frustrated with himself for that play. Other than that, what was not to like, yesterday? The only time the ball moved (other than 1 running play) was through the air.

There's absolutely no way the running game should not be secondary going forward. Campbell was efficient and they made some big plays with Randle El running after the catch. I'd love to see Kelly and Moss get involved, but when you only throw 26 times, that's not going to happen very often.

I'm encouraged by what I saw out of Campbell, other than those 2 mistakes. As far as the running game goes, I'm only a little concerned because the Giants have the best D Line in football, so I'll wait to say "this line can't run block," but I'd definitely like them to do less of it against St. Louis.
Here is my problem with Campbell. I do understand it was one game, and I am not ready to let him go. BUT Jason looks the same as always. He is not a leader on the team. Jason didn't respond well when the pocket broke down. He fumbled again. He just looks lost when he plays the Giants. He has no confidence when he plays them. How will we ever be the best team in the East when we can't beat them? That starts with the QB. I don't see JC beating the Giants. He is scared of them. Year after year I defend the kid and hope for different results, but at this point when do we stop making excuses and looking for little things to say he played well. The kid threw a pick when he was about 3 yards across the line of scrimmage. Not smart football. He makes boneheaded plays year in and year out. I'm not ready to give up, but i won't continue to come to his defense until he prove he can win in this league. 16-21 as a starter. Not a winner, yet?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Here is my problem with Campbell. I do understand it was one game, and I am not ready to let him go. BUT Jason looks the same as always. He is not a leader on the team. Jason didn't respond well when the pocket broke down. He fumbled again. He just looks lost when he plays the Giants. He has no confidence when he plays them. How will we ever be the best team in the East when we can't beat them? That starts with the QB. I don't see JC beating the Giants. He is scared of them. Year after year I defend the kid and hope for different results, but at this point when do we stop making excuses and looking for little things to say he played well. The kid threw a pick when he was about 3 yards across the line of scrimmage. Not smart football. He makes boneheaded plays year in and year out. I'm not ready to give up, but i won't continue to come to his defense until he prove he can win in this league. 16-21 as a starter. Not a winner, yet?
Are completions and yards "little things"? Because he did a lot of those.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
kdogg3270
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Are completions and yards "little things"? Because he did a lot of those.
those are stats. i do get the point he is trying to make. Campbell should take charge out there.
kdogg3270 is offline   Reply With Quote