Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Victory Monday

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
jbcjr14
The Starter

Victory Monday

I am elated that this team played the way they did yesterday. There are going to be some bumps that come along this year but the best part about yesterday (outside the win) is hearing THE PLAYERS say they do not want a day off and want to get back in the building and get to work. THIS IS HUGE and it will only make this team better as the weeks go along.

Thoughts?

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Victory Monday

I just think the older guys are so tired of the circus this place has been over the last few years that it is refreshing for them to just get back to playing football and that they are actually enjoying their work again.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

NY Post blames Eli for loss.
Sucks to be him today.

Manning's pick-six deep sixes Giants - NYPOST.com
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
SBXVII
Franchise Player

^ Ya know I almost said this last night but I didn't post it. No one outside of DC will give this team a chance. They will simply say that the Giants lost the game or gave it to us.

I used to get mad that the media would not give the Skins any props during preseason or leading up to this game. What did one media idiot say ... "the Skins suck like ice cubes" or something like that. But now... although rediculously unfair, I'll take everyone down playing our wins and expecting a Skins loss every weekend. That way the Skins can suprise a few people on Sun. hopefully.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

^ It will take more than one game to erase our rep. This week everyone will say, "The Skins did not really win, the Giants were just beaten up," etc.

If we are still riding high after Halloween or Thanksgiving, though, the bandwagon will fill up quickly and obnoxiously.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Yeah, granted a win is a win, it was against a depleted Giants defense and Manning playing without some of his favorite targets (Smith, Boss etc.)

Looking forward to next week.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Office awful quiet today.....hatters gotten silent. Cowboy and Giants fans not really showing their face round Chico's desk. Think during lunch might have to make the rounds.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Yeah, granted a win is a win, it was against a depleted Giants defense and Manning playing without some of his favorite targets (Smith, Boss etc.)

Looking forward to next week.
Their rush was still deadly and Grossman was beaten up pretty well. A Campbell or McNabb would have folded under such brutal hits. Besides, we had injuries too, like Landry, Jenkins, and Buchanon. Our running game was stuffed for almost an entire half as well.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

My next door office neighbor is a huge Giants fan, I keep walking by asking him if he had the chance to see Rex Grossman yesterday

As for not taking today off, I hope it pays off
Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Of course I love beating Dallas, but beating the Giants is so satisfying just because of all the Giants fans I know. They are seriously hating life today... love it!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

SO is this how our "Suck for Luck" campaign is supposed to go? I don't think we're doing it right.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Wearing my Skins tie today...could not wear it much the past couple of years.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
I am elated that this team played the way they did yesterday. There are going to be some bumps that come along this year but the best part about yesterday (outside the win) is hearing THE PLAYERS say they do not want a day off and want to get back in the building and get to work. THIS IS HUGE and it will only make this team better as the weeks go along.

Thoughts?

I really really like it. I like how it came about organically. It was Shanahan saying to the team "you guys can have a day off, or we can get back to work" it was Fletcher saying lets take a vote and decide if we want to take the day off or keep trying to get better.

Like JoeRed I think its partly the vets happy that the circus is gone and trying to keep it gone, but also the young and new guys who are trying to prove themselves and don’t really have any part or care about whats happened in the past. Really great to see. With a team this young its very important because most these guys need all the time they can get meshing together and learning to be better players.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I went to ESPN and clicked NFL, then clicked "Grossman picks up Redskins" at far right under headlines.
New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - Recap - September 11, 2011 - ESPN

Under "Video Playlist" at far right click on "Countdown Daily Recap: Was-NYG

You have Jim Basquil on the left and Eric Allen on the right. They both give props to the Skins but at the :40 second mark Eric starts in with "In the NFC East when you don't know who's gunna be that second team....."

Who the hell is the 1st team? and this is what I'm talking about the media automatically naming the 1st team. I presume they are refering to the Eagles, but honestly the Eagles looked a mess yesterday.

Vick's stats:
Quote:
Vick completed only 14 of 32 passes, a 43-percent percentage. He passed for less than 200 yards, running the ball 10 times for 98.
Grossman's stats against a superior team:
Quote:
completed 21 of 34 passes for 305 yards Sunday with two touchdowns, no interceptions and one lost fumble
For some reason I could have sworn Vick either fumbled or had an interception or both. I stand corrected he had 1 fumble. Interesting NFL.com has the "Passing Leaders" for week one

#10- Grossman: Rating 110.5
#23- Vick: Rating 83.7
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My next door office neighbor is a huge Giants fan, I keep walking by asking him if he had the chance to see Rex Grossman yesterday

As for not taking today off, I hope it pays off
A neighbor of mine is a Dallas fan and after having drove past their house yesterday with family in tow wearing Skins jerseys I came home to find someone (we know who) wrote "Dallas Rules" on my screen door to my house.

So after the Skins game I went shopping and purchased red balloons and yellow balloons (closest colors I could get from the dollar store) and red and yellow streamers, blew them up and tied strings to them. Then at the 14 min. mark in the second quarter of the Dallas game me and my family snuck up to the neighbors house and tied the balloons to their front tree and bench and car antenna. Then we took the streamers and tossed it back and forth through the tree, wrapped their bench, and taped little streamers about 6 inch in length down their mini van. They had "Skins Suck" and "Dallas Rules" written on the back of their van which was turned into "Skins Rock" and Dallas Drules". LOL.

It was all still up early this morning at around 7:10 am. lol. I just wish I could be there to see their faces. lol.