Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #46
Landry44

Re: Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I watched Hightower's runs, and on one of the first runs of the game.. I noticed that Litch missed his block on the Linebacker, or Hightower could of taken that run for at least 30 yards.

If we are going to keep running to the outside the the TE's need to do a better job. Cooley let go of a block on Rolle in the 3rd, when Hightower could of picked up 15 or so. Instead only got 4.

I think we would of had better success if we ran some cutbacks to the middle of the field.
I agree, I thought the Giants over pursed a lot during the game. Hightower had plenty of opporunities to cut back for big yards. I hope her learned from his mistakes and be ready for this week.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #47
budw38
Playmaker

Re: Game Tape: Week 1 vs Gaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I watched the video's of our defense last week, and i'm really impressed in the way we played. We gave up a few big plays, but overall we totally had Eli rattled and confused. We had a lot of free breaks against him on our Blitz packages, and Kerrigan played better then Alexander ever did all of last year.

If you watch the run defense at about 2:35. Nield is in there on a run defense play, and he does an incredible job flowing down the field holding up two blockers, and we make a great play at the line of scrimmage.

Cofield played a hell of a game too. Sometimes he was blocked by one man, but for the most part he was in the backfield.
The defense did play well , gave up 14 pts , scored 7 . We had 6 new starters ( including Doughty ) , not bad . We have a great test this Sunday with Fitz , Doucet coming to town .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote