Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #76
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 25,394
Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Another possible option is trading for Jacoby Brisett, who says he wants to leave Indy to be a starter.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2019, 09:16 AM   #77
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 822
Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Another possible option is trading for Jacoby Brisett, who says he wants to leave Indy to be a starter.
You aren't going to win much with him, why bother? Unless an Aaron Rodgers will play for the Redskins for $5 mil a year it is time to either start Colt or JJ, groom a rookie and finish 3-13 or worse getting a high draft pick.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #78
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,999
Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

McSorley is the sleeper in this draft
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:12 AM   #79
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,063
Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You aren't going to win much with him, why bother? Unless an Aaron Rodgers will play for the Redskins for $5 mil a year it is time to either start Colt or JJ, groom a rookie and finish 3-13 or worse getting a high draft pick.
Yeah I don't get this let's trade for a borderline starter when we already have McCoy and can just re-sign Johnson to a modest deal. Given the cap situation the best we can probably do this year is McCoy, Johnson, and a rookie.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #80
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 822
Re: Redskins 2019 PRE Draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I don't get this let's trade for a borderline starter when we already have McCoy and can just re-sign Johnson to a modest deal. Given the cap situation the best we can probably do this year is McCoy, Johnson, and a rookie.
Exactly, a minor upgrade at QB for 2019 is going to do nothing other than drop the draft pick down the board without improving much in the win column. A high first round pick is very valuable. Also one of those borderline starters gets paid $10+ mil a year. Then the Redskins would be spending up to $40 mil a year on the QB position in hopes to be a 7 or 8 win team. Even Bruce Allen can't be that dumb.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.08828 seconds with 12 queries