Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 1.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #166
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,723
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Outside of the Bills loss...which was an embarrassment to the sport

The Detroit Lions were a complete and utter dumpster fire. Matt Patricia debut as a coach...he was completely over his head.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...-tree-to-flop/

"We were calling out their plays as he was getting up to the line," linebacker Darron Lee said of quarterback Matthew Stafford, via ESPN.com. "We knew his signals. We knew everything. That's just preparation as a defense. ... It seemed like we were in his head as a defense."

First game of the season...and they are using old signals OR they didn't change them from preseason? Oh wow...Quality Control folks. One side horrible, the other side excellent.

Great beards don't equal wins.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #167
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,235
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Outside of the Bills loss...which was an embarrassment to the sport

The Detroit Lions were a complete and utter dumpster fire. Matt Patricia debut as a coach...he was completely over his head.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...-tree-to-flop/

"We were calling out their plays as he was getting up to the line," linebacker Darron Lee said of quarterback Matthew Stafford, via ESPN.com. "We knew his signals. We knew everything. That's just preparation as a defense. ... It seemed like we were in his head as a defense."

First game of the season...and they are using old signals OR they didn't change them from preseason? Oh wow...Quality Control folks. One side horrible, the other side excellent.

Great beards don't equal wins.
Belichick, like Gibbs, great coaches in themselves, but never have been able to grow a great coaching tree beneath them.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #168
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,284
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

How about giving Patricia more than 1 game, how about a season. Stafford killed him yesterday.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #169
skinsfan69
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,437
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Any QB does if there is no O line.
After watching Eli this past week I'd have to say the Giants should have drafted a QB. He simply can't move around at all and with that line he's just a sitting duck back there. You can see that he has happy feet.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:17 AM   #170
skinsfan69
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,437
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

The Raiders seriously suck. They has zero defense. Paying Gruden all that money ain't fixing their defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #171
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,235
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How about giving Patricia more than 1 game, how about a season. Stafford killed him yesterday.
It was a pretty horrible start, though. And with the Jet's defense knowing what was going to happen before it happens, that's a coaching issue, not on Stafford in my opinion. Then again, Stafford also sucked.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #172
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,723
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
After watching Eli this past week I'd have to say the Giants should have drafted a QB. He simply can't move around at all and with that line he's just a sitting duck back there. You can see that he has happy feet.
I swear, on a couple of Eli throws he reminded me of Patrick Ramsey. Very flimsy throw...and never set. Still stands tall in the pock like Ramsey.

Problem with Eli is he isn't mobile at all...so you cant move the pocket, you cant boot, etc.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #173
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,723
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Raiders seriously suck. They has zero defense. Paying Gruden all that money ain't fixing their defense.
Dan Patrick had a really good take this morning, don't expect Derek Carr in Las Vegas. And last night he was a notch below Stafford....OVERPAID, below average QB.

Chucky is gonna want "his" guy at QB...terrible start for Carr. Plus, I don't know if I want a QB who wears mascara...Im very tolerant, but fuck that.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #174
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,070
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

The raiders are rebuilding, Chucky was a bad choice and a desperate one by Davis.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #175
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,284
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The raiders are rebuilding, Chucky was a bad choice and a desperate one by Davis.
Chucky doesnt know shit about QBs, has always picked average to bad ones.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #176
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,630
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I see that from many QB's . I agree Eli has got to play better. He has used up his get out of jail card...if he screws up he is gone next year.
Eli is a statue and that hurts him at times but he still doesn't suck. I think he's
a pretty good QB.

Now, if anyone wants to talk about a really bad QB who played in that game, may I suggest Blake Bortles. I have no earthly idea what the Jags management could possibly see in him. He's going to cost them a possible Super Bowl win and they don't seem to have a clue. They had their chance to make a move at QB this past season and they blew it.

Back to the Giants. I see them as a team with a number of great and potentially great players without enough good players around them. Snacks, Collins, Beckham, and Barkley need help.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #177
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,630
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
It was a pretty horrible start, though. And with the Jet's defense knowing what was going to happen before it happens, that's a coaching issue, not on Stafford in my opinion. Then again, Stafford also sucked.
Don't forget, the Jets offense trampled the Lions defense, too. It was a horror show all around for the Lions.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #178
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,819
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Chucky doesnt know shit about QBs, has always picked average to bad ones.
Gannon and Brad Johnson certainly played well for him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #179
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,584
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Eli is a statue and that hurts him at times but he still doesn't suck. I think he's
a pretty good QB.

Now, if anyone wants to talk about a really bad QB who played in that game, may I suggest Blake Bortles. I have no earthly idea what the Jags management could possibly see in him. He's going to cost them a possible Super Bowl win and they don't seem to have a clue. They had their chance to make a move at QB this past season and they blew it.

Back to the Giants. I see them as a team with a number of great and potentially great players without enough good players around them. Snacks, Collins, Beckham, and Barkley need help.
We agree.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #180
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,284
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Gannon and Brad Johnson certainly played well for him.
Brad Johnson and Gannon were slightly above average, would much rather have kept Trent Green over Johnson and Gannon was a backup here.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13386 seconds with 10 queries