Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #31
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,622
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
MLB isn't any better.
If Brown goes down, It's going to get ugly with Vigil and Hamilton playing.
Losing Zach Brown would definitely be a bummer.
But IF the DLine stays healthy and produces, I wouldn't worry too much about Foster and Vigil doing the job at ILB.

Now if Hamilton has to play we're in trouble. He's NOT ready.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #32
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,737
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Losing Zach Brown would definitely be a bummer.
But IF the DLine stays healthy and produces, I wouldn't worry too much about Foster and Vigil doing the job at ILB.

Now if Hamilton has to play we're in trouble. He's NOT ready.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Hamilton wouldn't be active ...but could you imagine if Apke had to play safety?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #33
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,622
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hamilton wouldn't be active ...but could you imagine if Apke had to play safety?
Right now that would kill us. Maybe later in the season he improves his tackling and uses the physical abilities we've seen flashes of to make plays.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #34
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,151
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hamilton wouldn't be active ...but could you imagine if Apke had to play safety?
I'd prefer Reed Doughty until that kid improves a great deal lol
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #35
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,784
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I'd prefer Reed Doughty until that kid improves a great deal lol
But not Adam Archuletta. Let's not go crazy here.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #36
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,151
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
But not Adam Archuletta. Let's not go crazy here.
haha agreed
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,222
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

My goal that I will fail miserably at is to not cuss in anger on this board.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:12 PM   #38
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,784
Smile Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My goal that I will fail miserably at is to not cuss in anger on this board.
Oh fuck that.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #39
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,093
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
But not Adam Archuletta. Let's not go crazy here.
If they showed Adams wife in the stands every quarter, It might be worth letting him play.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #40
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,834
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Either people are seriously underselling the Skins or overselling the Cards. I'm going with the latter.

They have one of the best backs in the league in Johnson, and they have Fitz who is always reliable.

But outside of that their OL is trash and their best lineman is on IR, their QB is made of glass, and probably most important to note they have a new coaching staff. What am I missing here? Why all the pessimism?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #41
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,737
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Either people are seriously underselling the Skins or overselling the Cards. I'm going with the latter.

They have one of the best backs in the league in Johnson, and they have Fitz who is always reliable.

But outside of that their OL is trash and their best lineman is on IR, their QB is made of glass, and probably most important to note they have a new coaching staff. What am I missing here? Why all the pessimism?
Redskins
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #42
skinsfan69
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,444
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

I have pessimism cause we barely beat them last year at home, could have easily lost and they literally had no NFL QB on their roster and no David Johnson. This is just the kind of game where Gruden just can't seem to get over the hump. Hope I'm wrong but until I see otherwise I think the Cards win this in a close game.

I would also not underestimate China Doll. If they protect him he is as good as anyone. Really want to see Allen & Payne and co get after him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #43
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,834
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Redskins
I need a little more substance. The Cards aren't anything to be afraid of. I don't see many categories where I'd give them a strong edge.

QB - Skins
RB - Cards
WR- I'll give it to them just because of Fitz
TE- Skins
OL- Skins
DL- Skins
LB - Skins
DB - Slight edge to them because of Peterson
Coaching staff - Skins
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #44
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,737
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I need a little more substance. The Cards aren't anything to be afraid of. I don't see many categories where I'd give them a strong edge.

QB - Skins
RB - Cards
WR- I'll give it to them just because of Fitz
TE- Skins
OL- Skins
DL- Skins
LB - Skins
DB - Slight edge to them because of Peterson
Coaching staff - Skins
I totally agree with what your saying. But you asked why the pessimism...its the Redskins. The intangible that cant be stated. I get it why there is pessimism, even if I don't agree with it. Skins should win.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #45
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,286
Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Skins D dominates and Redskins win, fans still doubt the team.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.09148 seconds with 10 queries