Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Unless he supplied her the drugs, he did nothing wrong. Lesson learned, don't date a heroin addict. Very rarely will that end in anything but something bad. NFL players are normal people that happen to be good at football. They still have the same urges we all have. In my early 20's, no way I'm going 6 months without partying. Yes, you should surround yourself with better people, but you aren't responsible for their decisions.
Something that I think a lot of these fans tend to forget. I also agree with your last line too.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #62
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Breaking: Montae Nicholson left woman at hospital before she died from drug overdose

He's a paid professional, who with one girlfriend is beating someone in the street in late one night and the new girlfriend is dying because of od on heroin at his place.

He's obviously a someone who is a complete moron and lacks serious judgment.

He's def not a victim.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #63
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There are no victims in this. If you choose to do heroin there is a good chance you will kill yourself. You voluntarily choose to do that, that's your decision. Decisions have consequences.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #64
Schneed10
A Dude

Just because lots of young people do questionable shit doesn't mean you, as a fan or as an armchair GM have to accept it.

Winning culture comes with holding people to a higher standard. Lots of people do it, fine. That just means lots of people aren't good enough people to play football on a championship football team.

Some of you guys may be just a little too used to getting along with the bottom quartile of people in this country. The right move as a manager in any organization, let alone the leaders of an NFL football team, is to draw a line and establish minimum acceptable standards of behavior.

My minimum standard is during the season, you're focused on football. That means you're getting sleep, you're staying away from parties, you're focused on nutrition and conditioning, and you're focused on your playbook. If you demonstrate otherwise, unless we have lots of cap dollars tied up in you, you're out.

You don't have to put up with the bottom quartile if you don't want to.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #65
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Unless he supplied her the drugs, he did nothing wrong. Lesson learned, don't date a heroin addict. Very rarely will that end in anything but something bad. NFL players are normal people that happen to be good at football. They still have the same urges we all have. In my early 20's, no way I'm going 6 months without partying. Yes, you should surround yourself with better people, but you aren't responsible for their decisions.
The difference is they make a nice living by being in peak physical condition 6 months out of the year. Doing drugs, not getting proper rest, poor nutrition, all put that at risk. The guy isn't a bank manager that can go to work and sit at a desk all day after a long night of partying.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #66
SunnySide
Playmaker

Heroin? Are we sure it was black tar heroin? That seems like heavy heavy stuff. That just doesnt seem to fit the profile of a 21 year old girl working at planet fitness.

Tom Brady should be the model for every single person who wants to play in the NFL imo. You have a 3-10 year window to maximize your payday before you go back to being mortal like the rest of us. You can party when your 36 .. easier said now that im older than living in the moment but still.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Just because lots of young people do questionable shit doesn't mean you, as a fan or as an armchair GM have to accept it.

Winning culture comes with holding people to a higher standard. Lots of people do it, fine. That just means lots of people aren't good enough people to play football on a championship football team.

Some of you guys may be just a little too used to getting along with the bottom quartile of people in this country. The right move as a manager in any organization, let alone the leaders of an NFL football team, is to draw a line and establish minimum acceptable standards of behavior.

My minimum standard is during the season, you're focused on football. That means you're getting sleep, you're staying away from parties, you're focused on nutrition and conditioning, and you're focused on your playbook. If you demonstrate otherwise, unless we have lots of cap dollars tied up in you, you're out.

You don't have to put up with the bottom quartile if you don't want to.
Schneed you should know by now I agree that having a winning culture in place is a necessary thing to compete for titles. I've had the luxury of seeing the Nats and Caps win titles after years of competing with the front-runners. Both of those organizations set the standard and in the Nats case came from a terrible start to winning a title in the same year.

We all joke about the "great culture" we have around here but in reality we couldn't be any further from it. It starts at the top and has invaded every aspect of this organization from Snyder to the ball boys. I just don't see the need to keep discussing it when there is zero indication Snyder has any plans to do what's right. Something has to click with Snyder. If going 1-9 and getting blown out every game can't do it idk what will.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:01 PM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Heroin? Are we sure it was black tar heroin? That seems like heavy heavy stuff. That just doesnt seem to fit the profile of a 21 year old girl working at planet fitness.

Tom Brady should be the model for every single person who wants to play in the NFL imo. You have a 3-10 year window to maximize your payday before you go back to being mortal like the rest of us. You can party when your 36 .. easier said now that im older than living in the moment but still.
This is speculation based off her dad finding a black substance wrapped in tinfoil in her room. That's the logical assumption. Obviously she was an addict for something.

The Tom Brady bit sounds great as an idea but for whatever reason there is a disconnect between guys trying to emulate his lifestyle.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #69
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Most people are ignorant about the whole drug culture and lifestyle, and tend to go by what they see on TV as far as how junkies "look". The truth is, they can be any of us. Doctors, Teachers, Mothers, etc. Addiction doesn't discriminate.

I didn't even realize that addiction was living in my own parents' house. My sister was a hard drug user all through high school. And i had no idea, none of us did, until the night her and her boyfriend's apartment was raided by the police a few years after graduation. She held down a job at a call center, always seemed fine when she would come and visit at holidays. So when we heard of the arrests, we were shocked.

The only other thing that could have possibly happened in the death of this young woman, that i haven't seen anyone talk about, is that perhaps at the party at Montae's house, she was encouraged into doing heroin and had never done it before. Maybe she didn't know what she was doing and had someone else inject her, maybe they gave her too much, who knows.

But the bottom line is, if we are serious about changing the culture here, and i don't think we are as long as Bruce is still here, if we are serious one day about changing the culture, then guys like Montae should have no place here.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #70
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The Tom Brady bit sounds great as an idea but for whatever reason there is a disconnect between guys trying to emulate his lifestyle.
I think 75% of Tom Brady's lifestyle would be fine and dandy, from what I read or heard about his habits he seems over the top. I don't think the guy has had a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger in ages.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I think 75% of Tom Brady's lifestyle would be fine and dandy, from what I read or heard about his habits he seems over the top. I don't think the guy has had a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger in ages.
I agree, he probably eats like one slice of cheese pizza a year. But if there's anybody any NFL player wants to emulate about how to defy age, it's Brady. Before he came along the best thing 42yo NFL qb's were known for was making an occasional quality start. Brady is still playing at a high level which is insane.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #72
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
He’s got Giselle in his diet, I would too

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #73
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree, he probably eats like one slice of cheese pizza a year. But if there's anybody any NFL player wants to emulate about how to defy age, it's Brady. Before he came along the best thing 42yo NFL qb's were known for was making an occasional quality start. Brady is still playing at a high level which is insane.
Brady is now the 3rd oldest NFL QB to start a game. He just passed Doug Flutie by a couple months. Both Steve Deberg and Warren Moon had one start each at 44. Moon started 10 games at a 42 year old, only threw 3 passes the next year. DeBerg came out of a 4 year retirement.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #74
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Brady is now the 3rd oldest NFL QB to start a game. He just passed Doug Flutie by a couple months. Both Steve Deberg and Warren Moon had one start each at 44. Moon started 10 games at a 42 year old, only threw 3 passes the next year. DeBerg came out of a 4 year retirement.
I remember thinking DeBerg was always an old man! Dependable, but he always seemed so much older than everybody else playing!
Old 11-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #75
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/us/ap...son/index.html

Well this story is about to get more complicated.

I'm sure plenty of you will be quick to rush to judgement and condemn Montae for having drugs in his house, but I'll wait until we have the complete story before we crucify Montae for dating an addict.

And I don't care if the weed is Montae's because it's common knowledge NFL players prefer weed to pills. The article also doesn't mention where the foil with residue was found either, unless he fails a drug test I would probably guess and say that was hers.