Debating with the enemy

Old 08-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #1441
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That answers one of my questions.
Smart person wouldn't have needed to ask the question. Plain to see you ignore the message.

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2022, 02:28 PM   #1442
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/media/flashb...t-donald-trump

Ted Koppel predicted CNN ratings 'would be in the toilet without Donald Trump'
Total-day viewership at CNN down 70 percent since Biden took office

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/brian-...gram-canceled/

Brian Stelter to leave CNN, ‘Reliable Sources’ program canceled

Lolololololol…carry your ass outta here. Brian Stelter has been fired!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:59 PM   #1443
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/flashb...t-donald-trump

Ted Koppel predicted CNN ratings 'would be in the toilet without Donald Trump'
Total-day viewership at CNN down 70 percent since Biden took office

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/brian-...gram-canceled/

Brian Stelter to leave CNN, ‘Reliable Sources’ program canceled

Lolololololol…carry your ass outta here. Brian Stelter has been fired!
LOL, without Sean or Tucker where do you think FOX would be? JHC chico you're an idiot!
Old 08-21-2022, 08:25 PM   #1444
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quality journalism like this will be missed.

Gee, I wonder why Americans have completely lost all trust in the media?

He Gets Us
Old 08-22-2022, 04:27 AM   #1445
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Quality journalism like this will be missed.

Gee, I wonder why Americans have completely lost all trust in the media?
LOL, can't take it when they point out how stupid your golden God is? Coming from you this is funny you have no clue what the word hypocrite means do you?
Old 09-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #1446
nonniey
The Starter

So was watching the local Tucson news station and they were reporting on the 2 AZ abortion laws on the books (SC has to decide if new or old take effect), They described both as total abortion bans that only allow abortions to save the life of the mother and left it at that.

An another way they could have described them is one law allows 98% of abortions that were previously legal but the other is almost a total abortion ban.

Absolutely blatant media bias in how they reported that story. They wanted to give the impression that both were the same, when in reality they were massively different.

Newest law regulates (saving the Life of the Mother) abortions after 15 weeks , while the older law regulates from conception.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:59 PM   #1447
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
So was watching the local Tucson news station and they were reporting on the 2 AZ abortion laws on the books (SC has to decide if new or old take effect), They described both as total abortion bans that only allow abortions to save the life of the mother and left it at that.

An another way they could have described them is one law allows 98% of abortions that were previously legal but the other is almost a total abortion ban.

Absolutely blatant media bias in how they reported that story. They wanted to give the impression that both were the same, when in reality they were massively different.

Newest law regulates (saving the Life of the Mother) abortions after 15 weeks , while the older law regulates from conception.
I dont understand .. outsider looking in

I thought AZ had a 1900s era ban on all abortions. That was put on hold - injunction when roe came down ... now the republican AZ just won in court with a ruling that the old 1900s law is now good law again.

1900s law makes it a crime for anyone to perform an abortion

BUT new AZ law prohibits after 15 weeks ....

Sounds like AZ needs to decide what law is the law

I do see the irritation if you are in the "pro govt making medical decisions for women" camp as the new 15 week one is not a near total ban.

Why would you trust a local news station though? they report the weather and traffic. I wouldnt listen to them for anything of substance. They have to produce a new show every day focusing on daily topcis .. dont have time or knowledge to do deep dive reporting.

Local news trying to do serious reporting .. god bless em.

--------

funny quote I did see

"We applaud the Court for upholding the will of the .... legislature!"

Did AZ have and then pull the idea of allowing the citizens to vote on abortion .. after "we the people" spoke with their votes in Kansas?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:08 PM   #1448
SunnySide
Playmaker

Ducey contends it will supersede the territorial statute. But Sen. Nancy Barto, R-Phoenix, who wrote the new legislation, said it specifically did not repeal the more stringent territorial law.

The governor said he expects the issue will have to be hashed out in court.

https://tucson.com/news/local/aborti...0c5336edc.html

This is beyond the "media bias" you pointed out .. more like media incompetence imo.

But .. sounds like that old absolute ban is on the books until the courts decide and its chilling effect is that abortion providers in AZ have suspended operations.

real world effect and bottom line --- arizona has an absolute ban on abortions
Old 09-29-2022, 10:09 PM   #1449
nonniey
The Starter

Sunny, AZ is under the old law until final (full??) court decisions on which law should be applicable. I would think (not being a lawyer) that the new law should take precedence. (Matter of fact I think the ruling she made was based on fact the new law had not taken effect when she ruled - now that it has/was supposed to take effect (1 day after her ruling) one would think that is the new law that should be in place. But there is a major difference between the 2 unlike what the local news startion was implying.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/...b-05a909a31a44

edit I see you already looked it up.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:11 AM   #1450
Giantone
Gamebreaker

WTF is Wrong with People?

HuffPost
A Sandy Hook Harasser Desecrated A Child's Grave. Another Threatened To Dig It Up.

https://news.yahoo.com/sandy-hook-ha...211757421.html

HuffPost
A Sandy Hook Harasser Desecrated A Child's Grave. Another Threatened To Dig It Up.
Sebastian Murdock
Tue, October 4, 2022 at 5:17 PM
After conspiracy theorist Alex Jones repeatedly lied that one of America’s most deadly school shootings was staged, parents of one victim said they got letters threatening to desecrate their child’s grave.

One person who sent a letter to Mark and Jackie Barden, whose 7-year-old son Daniel was killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, claimed to have urinated on the child’s grave. In another letter, someone threatened to dig up Daniel’s grave to prove he didn’t exist, his parents testified in Jones’ trial on Tuesday.

Daniel did exist. He died along with 19 other children and six adults in the shooting and is now one of the subjects of a defamation trial against Jones, who used his platform Infowars to spread the sick lie that the kids had never died and that their parents were simply actors.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:03 PM   #1451
SunnySide
Playmaker

Ghislaine Maxwell gave her first interview since sentencing and made 3 comments;

- Meeting Epstein was the biggest mistake of her life;
- Prince Andrew paid a heavy price for his friendship with her;
- Trump wishing her well meant a lot to her

Guess which one of the 3 above Fox News DID NOT include in its report of the interview?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ghislaine...rison-sentence

-------------

Democrats who run the Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) have blocked a freshman Latina Republican lawmaker from joining the group.

Mayra Flores, who flipped a long-held Democratic House seat along the U.S.-Mexico border earlier this year, said she was refused admission by the CHC because of her party affiliation.

"As the first Mexican-born American Congresswoman, I thought the Hispanic Caucus would be open to working together," said Flores. "This denial once again proves a bias towards conservative Latinas that don’t fit their narrative or ideology."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lat...ispanic-caucus

There is a democrat CHC and a republican CHC ...

How dare democrats not allow her to join their democrat hispanic caucus!

Dear new republican Flores ... you got 14,799 votes in a special election in which republicans pumped millions into your campaign vs a last second Dem nominee who spent $0 campaigning

Enjoy being a House Rep for a few more weeks when elections take place.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #1452
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

MSNBC Tiffany Cross…see ya!

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/msn...ws-1235423317/

He Gets Us
Old 11-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #1453
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Jimmy Kimmel Told ABC He’d Quit if Execs Stopped Him From Making Trump Jokes: ‘They Knew I Was Serious’

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/jim...es-1235422576/

Jimmy Kimmel revealed on the most recent episode of Sticher’s “Naked Lunch” podcast that he threatened to quit his ABC talk show, “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” when ABC executives expressed apprehension over him telling jokes about Donald Trump. It appears the execs once spoke to Kimmel about laying off Trump in order to not alienate Republican viewers. Kimmel said ABC execs were right in their apprehension, as he estimates he lost around half of his audience due to Trump jokes.

“There was one time, right around the beginning of this whole Trump thing… maybe not quite [eight years ago],” Kimmel said when asked if ABC ever expressed concern to him about attacking Trump. “I said listen, I get it, you’re right. I have lost half of my fanbase, maybe more. Ten years ago, among Republicans I was the most popular talk show. At least according to the research they did.”
Old 11-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #1454
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Adam Carolla > Jimmy Kimmel

Sad, but true

He Gets Us
Old 11-04-2022, 02:39 PM   #1455
MTK
\m/

Not many people are less funny than Adam Carolla.

Gilbert Godfried maybe, but he was mostly just annoying.