Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #61
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Here's what skinsfan_nn was trying to type:

Actually. I'm too lazy to go through it all. Your first sentence isn't even a sentence. Learn the difference between your and you're, I can loan you a grammar book if necessary. A lot is two words, just to keep you from looking like a bumbling idiot. Otherwise, just a mess of a post.

When the United States stops acting like we're special and being the only country not required to sign certain treaties, etc. We put people who we suspect just MIGHT be guilty and hold them for years without any sort of evidence to bring charges in this little place called Guantanamo Bay. Just explain to me why it's perfectly okay for us to hold prisoners with no evidence on suspicion, but other countries can't.
Sounds like you have plenty of time to spell ckeck? I don't, if you can't understand that tuff shit. I'm not out to make a perfect sentence so protect yourself from the bumbling idiot.

I don't spell check behind threads, if you can understand the post mission accomplished! Pretty simple

I futhermore didn't approve of the country holding people/prisoners to begin with! I stated my opinion on iran, plain and simple. Read next time
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Advertisements
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #62
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Let's all take a breath and try to act civil here. Let's keep personal attacks out of this debate.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #63
FRPLG
MVP

What I don't get:

Bush has done plenty to criticize. Plenty. But people still bring up the hyped and inaccurate stuff when bashing him. No one in the administration LIED. They were wrong. Big difference there.

I can agree that they were predisposed to the entire Iraq situation. I can even agree that it probably colored their judgement(what little they have it seems). But to assert that they LIED in order to put our troops in harms way is just plain wrong. Thye did not. All the people coming out saying they warned them against the intelligence and so forth are just protecting their own butts.

Dumb: maybe..

Liars: no
Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #64
FRPLG
MVP

And if you want to see a president lie. Then pull up a video of Bill Clinton saying to America "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". Really an unimportant lie in the grand scheme but a total unmitigated lie. He wasn't mistaken, he was misleading.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #65
dmek25
MVP

he lied when he said there was a tie to Al Quada(sp?) and Saddam Hussein
Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #66
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
he lied when he said there was a tie to Al Quada(sp?) and Saddam Hussein
How so?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #67
dmek25
MVP

there wasn't anything to prove the connection between the 2. he got what he wanted, Hussein. he just made it easier to sell to the American people. i would have looked at Geo. Bush totally different if he would have invaded Afghanistan, and captured Bin Laden. i think history would have, too
Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #68
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What I don't get is how people seem to think this is all new. Politics and running the country have always been a shady game. Jefferson had to circumvent his rights to make the Lousiana Purchase, Adams (I think it was Adams) tampered with civil liberties with the Alien and Sedition Acts, Lincoln violated the constitution by suspending the writ of habeas corpus, McKinley I don't believe had any true legit reason to launch the Spanish-American War, Teddy Roosevelt involved the US in a Colombian civil war for the sole purpose of creating Panama and the Panama Canal,...and so on.

I don't know how history will remember W. But it's interesting to note that the presidents often seen as the worst of all-time (Buchanan and Harding to name two) are the ones who chose to do nothing, often because legally that's all they could do.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #69
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
What I don't get:

Bush has done plenty to criticize. Plenty. But people still bring up the hyped and inaccurate stuff when bashing him. No one in the administration LIED. They were wrong. Big difference there.

I can agree that they were predisposed to the entire Iraq situation. I can even agree that it probably colored their judgement(what little they have it seems). But to assert that they LIED in order to put our troops in harms way is just plain wrong. Thye did not. All the people coming out saying they warned them against the intelligence and so forth are just protecting their own butts.

Dumb: maybe..

Liars: no
I don't know for sure if they lied or no but I do know that they setup a two man show within the defense department consisting of Paul Wolfowitz (clearly an unethical man with his recent fiasco and subsequent resignation) and Douglas Fieth.

-Jenkins
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #70
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Sounds like you have plenty of time to spell ckeck? I don't, if you can't understand that tuff shit. I'm not out to make a perfect sentence so protect yourself from the bumbling idiot.

I don't spell check behind threads, if you can understand the post mission accomplished! Pretty simple

I futhermore didn't approve of the country holding people/prisoners to begin with! I stated my opinion on iran, plain and simple. Read next time
i think i have heard this somewhere else?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
there wasn't anything to prove the connection between the 2. he got what he wanted, Hussein. he just made it easier to sell to the American people. i would have looked at Geo. Bush totally different if he would have invaded Afghanistan, and captured Bin Laden. i think history would have, too
Didn't Clinton also make a link following the embassy attacks in Sudan (was it Sudan?) back in 1998? Then he went and bombed a hospital or something like that.

Saden, help me out here. Refresh my memory
Old 05-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #72
dmek25
MVP

smootsmack, politics is, and will always be, a shady affair. our government thinks either the public cant handle the truth. or would rather not hear it. these shady dealings go on in every presidency. some administrations are more inept in covering things up, and thats the biggest difference
Old 05-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #73
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I predict 20 more posts until thread hell.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I predict 20 more posts until thread hell.
You want I should make that happen? So would that be 20 including the one where it's locked and sent to thread hell?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #75
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You want I should make that happen? So would that be 20 including the one where it's locked and sent to thread hell?
Actually my original prediction of 20 would not include the final post. So 21, a good post count and a good age.