Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F Hurricanes...not the football team (but f them too)

Parking Lot

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #316
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Good to hear. My parents have no power or water. Just heard from them this morning. Cannot believe some of the images im seeing. I will probably not have power for atleast a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn man where r u? I hope it's not that long

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #317
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Damn man where r u? I hope it's not that long
Jersey shore. Im actually in Toms River which is a shade more inland. No waves battering my house but so many hanging and down wires and trees down. The utility workers are just going to be buried. Im keeping my fingers crossed but Irene kept the power out for weeks in some places. This made Irene look like a sun shower. I still cannot comprehend the total devestation this storm has caused. Billions of dollars in damage. Crazy crazy shit.

punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #318
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: F Hurricanes...not the football team (but f them too)

Photo Album - Imgur

More pics of the devastation.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #319
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Jersey shore. Im actually in Toms River which is a shade more inland. No waves battering my house but so many hanging and down wires and trees down. The utility workers are just going to be buried. Im keeping my fingers crossed but Irene kept the power out for weeks in some places. This made Irene look like a sun shower. I still cannot comprehend the total devestation this storm has caused. Billions of dollars in damage. Crazy crazy shit.

Man, stay safe, you're in the worst of it.

In central PA, just some closed roads and a lot of power out, but mine stayed on. The winds were nuts, about 70 MPH but the house survived. My work was closed Monday and Tuesday, as was most stuff around here. We had about 6 inches of rain in about 36 hours...wasn't too bad actually considering it was a hurricane. I think Irene caused more flooding here than Sandy.

We have family on Long Island who wasn't so lucky, some house flooding and no power for what will probably be a while. I have a few cousins who are NYPD in Manhattan but haven't heard any bad news from them (personally).
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #320
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I was thinking as it was going on...NYC is so lucky that it did make that sharp left turn towards NJ and PA where it did. Did anyone else see the History Channel's "Hurricane in New York" disaster scenario they did a few years ago? That would have happened it Sandy had continued on the straight path right into NYC. So scary.

Insane:

NYC parking garage.

WTC Construction site:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #321
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

In central PA, just some closed roads and a lot of power out, but mine stayed on. The winds were nuts, about 70 MPH but the house survived. My work was closed Monday and Tuesday, as was most stuff around here. We had about 6 inches of rain in about 36 hours...wasn't too bad actually considering it was a hurricane. I think Irene caused more flooding here than Sandy.

We have family on Long Island who wasn't so lucky, some house flooding and no power for what will probably be a while. I have a few cousins who are NYPD in Manhattan but haven't heard any bad news from them (personally).

Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #322
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

Yeah man thanks. Totally safe but all my friends and family that cant get to their houses. Now looting. Im all for the shot on site rule for those scumbags. Luckily my brother has power. We got a ton of firewood that we are sharing for those without power. Got to watch my hurricanes kick the crap out of va tech with a cold beer and a lamp lastnite. The skins game is on tv up here this week. Gonna just make sure family n friends are ok and try to get some stuff to the shelters. They are purging the gas lines over on the island but it is just a complete shit show. First time in my life im glad i dont gave that beach house i always wanted. Gonna pray that the recovery is quick and the body count is low but afraid they are both pipe dreams.
Sorry bout your family on long island and god bless your cousins too.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #323
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

New attraction ride in NJ. A combination of a roller coaster and water ride.

Will Jersey shore ever be the same after Sandy? - Yahoo! News
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #324
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

We're still without power... We're staying with my family in central PA now, but getting anxious to get back home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #325
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

New attraction ride in NJ. A combination of a roller coaster and water ride.

Will Jersey shore ever be the same after Sandy? - Yahoo! News
I want them to bronze it and leave it there. Still cannot believe thar is in the water.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #326
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
We're still without power... We're staying with my family in central PA now, but getting anxious to get back home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I bet man. We just got it on last nite. Still no cable and of course the Skins are on tv.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #327
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

We were finally able to move back in today, after power was restored early this morning. Just in time for this Nor'Easter I keep hearing about. Going outside to sacrifice our cat to the weather gods later this evening...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #328
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
We were finally able to move back in today, after power was restored early this morning. Just in time for this Nor'Easter I keep hearing about. Going outside to sacrifice our cat to the weather gods later this evening...
lol