Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

B. Lloyd Makes Interesting Comments

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #31
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: B. Lloyd Makes Interesting Comments

After reading that article in the Post this morning, it's difficult for me to believe Gibbs has taken to the kind of resolve he has in dealing with Brandon Lloyd. I say this because when one takes into total contex all the things he has said in defense of himself, none of it makes any sense. What he said only leads me to believe that at some point in time he will do the same thing again. He never mentioned he has apologized to his teamates or coaches, rather left me with the impression he's entitled to this kind of behavior.
His being frustrated about how things have been going is reasonable, but his behavior is not. I haven't seen any other player react that way, and I'm sure they're all frustrated as well. I firmly believe Gibbs should have taken a harder line with this guy because his overall attitude leads me to believe we've not seen the last of this kind of behavior from Lloyd.

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #32
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

Lloyd just sounds like a moron whenever he speaks. He might not have that bad of intentions, but he is incapable of sharing his feelings without sounding like an ignorant dumbass. It would be better if he just kept his mouth shut before he embaresses himself further. However, I agree we don't go downfield to him enough.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #33
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
Lloyd just sounds like a moron whenever he speaks. He might not have that bad of intentions, but he is incapable of sharing his feelings without sounding like an ignorant dumbass. It would be better if he just kept his mouth shut before he embaresses himself further. However, I agree we don't go downfield to him enough.
They interviewed he & Rogers at a Wizards game the week after we beat Dallas & Loyd was fairly well spoken. He said that Gibbs told all the new guys that the fans want to beat Dallas more than anything. He was much more articulate than Rogers, but I also got a sense that he was saying the right things to please the audience. That's whats scary about his comments to the post, he's smart enough to know what to say, but he doesn't actually say it, instead almost saying that he'll do it again.
We've tried going downfield to him more as the season's gone on, but I've yet to see him get more than a half-step of separation past a cb in man on man coverage, even the one he dropped in Tampa.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #34
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

yeah, he doesn't get much separation, but he can go up and get the ball, we just need to throw the ball near him and put some air under it.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #35
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
I think what he was trying to say here is that he is not going to change his attitude becuase we saw a bad side of it no matter what light it is shown in.
Nothing is better than a person unwilling to change...that's a recipe for success.

Especially when the guy who won't change is 10-41 over his career.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #36
bigSkinsfan61
Special Teams

hmmmmm sounds like hes a jackass....grow up brandon....
bigSkinsfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #37
skins052bgr8
Special Teams

It is funny as Hell most people on the board get pissed because of the broad information on the teams troubles, no one seems to care, no emotion. Yeah it was a stupid penalty, but at what time do you just explode, is 4-8 record in a game that has your last slim chance for playoffs. What can you do to show emotion without someone taking it out of context that your selfish not a team player get rid of you?

Maybe go over to the sidelines and let a major fart to blow off steam, but it has to be a silent one because if another player hears it and gets offended a reporter will tell you he was pissed off and intentionally farted on J. Campbell and messing up team chemistry.

Maybe he can be so I am so pissed off that can just go off and say here are the problems, then he has to apoligize after each comment. Jansen missed blocks all day, I'm sorry Jansen, Campbell threw a costly interception and made a dumb mistake, cost us the game, but I am so so sorry, just pissed.

How in the hell can someone say the team needs to show some emotion when if you say anything bad at all it gets blown out of context. When is someone going to grab someone on the field and say what the hell was that dumb ass play, you missed the tackle don't do the shit again. Who cares if everyone sees it. It's an emotional game and a violent game, so he threw a helmet who gives a crap.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #38
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins052bgr8 View Post
It is funny as Hell most people on the board get pissed because of the broad information on the teams troubles, no one seems to care, no emotion. Yeah it was a stupid penalty, but at what time do you just explode, is 4-8 record in a game that has your last slim chance for playoffs. What can you do to show emotion without someone taking it out of context that your selfish not a team player get rid of you?

Maybe go over to the sidelines and let a major fart to blow off steam, but it has to be a silent one because if another player hears it and gets offended a reporter will tell you he was pissed off and intentionally farted on J. Campbell and messing up team chemistry.

Maybe he can be so I am so pissed off that can just go off and say here are the problems, then he has to apoligize after each comment. Jansen missed blocks all day, I'm sorry Jansen, Campbell threw a costly interception and made a dumb mistake, cost us the game, but I am so so sorry, just pissed.

How in the hell can someone say the team needs to show some emotion when if you say anything bad at all it gets blown out of context. When is someone going to grab someone on the field and say what the hell was that dumb ass play, you missed the tackle don't do the shit again. Who cares if everyone sees it. It's an emotional game and a violent game, so he threw a helmet who gives a crap.
It's obviously a culmination of things with the helmet tossing incident being the last straw that led to Gibbs sitting down with him. It's not as simple as he tossed his helmet so that's why he's in trouble.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #39
Rexi
Special Teams

I guess I was wrong about Lloyd.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #40
dgack
The Starter

Well, either way, you were wrong about Bryant, the jury's still out on Lloyd.

For all of you pointing out what a professional Santana is, remember that he was tagged with the "bad attitude" label in New York just a few years ago, too.

Given that #81's my personal patron saint of receivers, I'm not much for the guys who talk more than they perform (God bless Chad Johnson, he does both). But I'll give Lloyd another season to find himself, grow up, and gel with the offense and his new QB, before passing ultimate judgement. If he's not putting up big numbers next year, though...
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #41
dmek25
MVP

the guy shows some passion and everyone wants to crucify him? there is one thing about acting like a professional. there is also, the player who still gets excited about playing a kids sport. i think alot of people are over reacting
Old 12-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #42
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexi View Post
I ....... I ........... Lloyd.
Both you and Lloyd are all about the "I", aren't you?

What's in the water out there on the left coast, anyway?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the guy shows some passion and everyone wants to crucify him? there is one thing about acting like a professional. there is also, the player who still gets excited about playing a kids sport. i think alot of people are over reacting
I guess Gibbs doesn't appreciate his "passion".

Do you think Gibbs is also overreacting?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #44
dmek25
MVP

gibbs is old school, and there is no place for throwing a helmet on the field. that 15 yards it caused the skins is a moot point, because the game was over by then
Old 12-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #45
dmek25
MVP

and i never question coach gibbs ability to handle his players. if lloyd gets too out of hand, he will be gone