Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why The Cowboys Will Go To The Super Bowl

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Why The Cowboys Will Go To The Super Bowl

If you saw my thread on 5 Surprises....5 Disappointments (shameless self-promotion), I mentioned that the Cowboys were among my surprises. I think Dallas is playing better ball than all of the NFC, yes even the Chicago Bears. For starters, the Cowboys are about as healthy as can be expected at this point in the season, so health isn't a major concern for them.

The emergence of Tony Romo can't be underestimated as it appears that the team has rallied behind him, and even Bill Parcells has looked re-energized in recent weeks.

The other possible contenders in the NFC are the Bears, Saints, and Seahawks. Of course, you could always throw another team or two like the Panthers or the Rams in the mix, but I'll stick with these for now.

All things being considered, the 'Nawlins' Saints are having a great season. They could prove to be very dangerous in the playoffs this year. No one really expected them to turn it around the way they have so quickly. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Parcells and his former assistant Payton go head to head in an NFC Championship game. If the Seahawks could somehow get home field advantage they could go deep in the playoffs, but road games appear to be this team's achilles heel as three of their four losses have been road games. One would have to figure if they travel to either Dallas or Chicago to play in the bitter cold they might be doomed.

And that brings me to the Chicago Bears. Without saying, the Bears are capable of playing a very dominating style of football, but the biggest question mark for them right now is at quarterback. No single position can determine the outcome of a game more than the play of the quarterback, especially with the stakes so high. Not only has Rex Grossman not managed games well as of late, but he has become mistake prone at the wrong time during the season. I think as good as their defense is, eveything pivots on how well Grossman plays down the stretch.

A combination of Dallas starting to peak at the right time and the Bears cooling off, could land the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Who will they play if they indeed go to Super Bowl? Well that's another discussion.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Why The Cowboys Will Win the Super Bowl

This is something I just can't bring myself to think about. I....I....I just don't want to talk about it! <<TAF runs crying to his room>>
Old 12-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

mods can you change the title for me: Why Cowboys will GO to the Super Bowl. thx.

12M
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

The Cowboys barely got past a dysfunctional Giants team. I think Romo's day in the sun is about to get rained on. Remember, everyone had a love affair with Grossman early in the season because of his amazing stats. Defenses figured him out: pressure.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #5
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
mods can you change the title for me: Why Cowboys will GO to the Super Bowl. thx.

12M
ok, now that sounds more reasonable, though still depressing.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas- Indy or SD
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Re: Why The Cowboys Will Go To The Super Bowl

This is a post for a cowterds forum. Not here.

If you have to talk about an improving team pick an AFC team on the west coast.

The season is bad enough already.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
The Cowboys barely got past a dysfunctional Giants team. I think Romo's day in the sun is about to get rained on. Remember, everyone had a love affair with Grossman early in the season because of his amazing stats. Defenses figured him out: pressure.
I hope so. He hasn't faced a great pass rush yet, & if they play the bears he will get some pressure he's never seen before.
He did avoid the rush well vs. ny. He throws the balll on the run as well as anybody.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
Southpaw
The Starter

It's hard to dispute that the Cowboys are playing the best football in the NFC at the moment. If they can lock up home field advantage, they could go deep into the playoffs. It'd be tough to keep this momentum going long enough to make it to the Super Bowl, but they probably have just a good a chance as anyone else in the NFC.

While it pisses me off to admit Dallas has a shot at the Super Bowl, it eases my heart to know that they'll be thoroughly embarrassed by the Colts, Chargers, or basically any of the AFC juggernauts that'll be waiting for them, if they happen to make it that far.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
Supaoop
Camp Scrub

First off I hate da cowgirls anyway.......

How iin the world can we make the playoffs if there is any chance left??

(I still have a dream)
Supaoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #10
VTSkins897
Impact Rookie

i'm depressed. but you're probably right.
VTSkins897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #11
jbcjr14
The Starter

Well, the Cowboys very well may go to the Super Bowl but I don't think they get there if the Bears win home field advantage. The Bears in January at home are VERY tough to beat when they have a good team to boot. It took all we had to beat them up there when Darrell Green ran back the punt for a TD (ohhhh the memories).

Dallas is healthy and they are playing well enough to win games. I hate it as much as the next Redskin fan, but its reality.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
steveo395
The Starter

This is the one thread that should never be on a Redskins website. You should be ashamed of yourself 12thMan.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #13
scowan
The Starter

I will just find it almost impossible to watch the Super Bowl if the Cowboys make it. Regardless, of the NFC, as much as I would like to see Peyton win the big game, I have a soft spot in my heart this year for the Chargers. I hope they make the Superbowl and maybe beat up the Cowboys if it comes to that.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #14
dall-assblows
The Starter

i dispise this thread
Old 12-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #15
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

The Cowboys are very good, and they have chemistry. I think Marion Barber has been almost as big a surprise as Romo.

If they stay healthy, they could go to the Superbowl -- but they won't beat the AFC.