Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #31
MTK
\m/

Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
When you talk about half-hearted, are you talking about the jump or going after the DB after he intercepted it?
Both, he just didn't seem to want it bad enough.

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #32
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I've been a Lloyd supporter but when it's come time to produce or shut up he has not produced. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but most WR would have made a stronger attempt at the ball that Campbell threw up there that was picked.. He didn't fight for the ball, play defense if he couldn't get it or anything.. Then he JOGGED after the DB who picked it off.. I'd be suprised if he's not on the inactive list for most of the games after the bye week. Moss, ARE, Caldwell, Thrash & Bodiford will be the gameday WR corps I'd bet..

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #33
Longtimefan
Playmaker

We're all still trying to figure out what's happening with Brandon Lloyd. The end-zone play on Sunday happened 35yds. from where we sit, we all thought he could have made a better effort to either catch the ball, knock it down, or if neccessary it would not have been a killer to have an offensive interference penalty in that situation. Further his effort to go after the interceptor left a lot to be desired.

We're concerned whether his heart and mind is actually on football, or on other outside interest he obviously has, namely his music.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #34
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He hasn't done much to prove us wrong that's for sure. And his half-hearted effort on that INT on Sunday didn't help his case either.
Agree. We just missed it with the Lloyd signing and paid way to much for a under achiever.

IMO this will be his last year in DC, IF he doesn't take a MAJOR STEP!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #35
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Sorry folks, the int isn't on Lloyd, he jumped and BARELY missed the ball. It was amazing play by the corner. Lloyd also sacrificed his body and bailed JC out on a ball that was horribly overthrown. You remember him stretching out and getting rocked on a poorly thrown ball, that doesn't show heart?

I stand by what Cooley said on EITM. Even on this site everyone was talking about how good of a character, etc he is until the day where he wore the hat that said FUCK in big letters on it. Cooley said there was nothing wrong in the locker room and felt that hat really rubbed Gibbs the wrong way and he got pissed. Directly after that he all of a sudden was some cancer.

If we want to judge Lloyd, how about we get some balls his way. I bet he could make some plays if he got more than one look a game. We have to get our passing game going with high percentage throws and catches. This will help Campbell, Moss, Lloyd, ARE, Cooley, everyone.

Another question, with the speed and athletic WRs we have, why do we never see a simple slant? It's so difficult to defend, and with the speed we have we could turn a 4 yard slant into a twenty yard gain.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #36
jsarno
Franchise Player

To answer the question. YES.

However, we are paying him a lot, and he is not there when we need him. I have stuck by Lloyd, and I hope he comes around for us, but I am discouraged with the fact he seems to get lost in the plays.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #37
jrocx69
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I for one, think we are being FAR too hard on him. He's under an EXTRA critical eye because of what happened last year.

Let's all ALSO remember that last year there wasn't a single receiver who did well, PERIOD. People are too concerned with regurgitating all the "drops" he had last year. If he had so many drops, I'd LOVE to know what games because in my recollection he caught EVERYTHING thrown his way.

He's starting to get the "Carlos Rogers" treatment where everyone just assumes he's bad because someone else said it.
wow.... you can see the poop running in his veins. that play in the endzone had very minimal effort. and the reason im not saying "no" effort was because he did jump... but thats about it. 1. has a poop attitude 2. plays like poop 3. makes way way to much money to have the word poop in lines 1 and 2.
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't think anyone's putting the blame soley on Lloyd. I think people want him to do his part, that's all. ARE got here at the same time, and he's been producing.
Ok, I'll use your standard El last year Yards 351 Lloyd 365 so thats not a very good argument. I'm not saying Lloyd has earned a thing but there is enough blam to go around as all of our WR's number where down and Moss's number were half of 05 and look at all the balls he dropped Sunday.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #39
chrisl4064

Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon. Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
A couple of guys I know that were at the game said that one of Campbell's interceptions was B. Lloyds fault. He never went up for the ball or something. I'm not saying it was, just what heard.
no chance it was 85's fault, terrible pass, had no business throwing it there. it was early though so i wont get on campbell too much for it. as soon as he let it go my entire section gasped.
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #40
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Yeah of all the things you can blame Brandon Lloyd for the INT is not one of them. Campbell overthrew him the man isn't 6'4.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #41
That Guy
Living Legend

lloyd's just not that good.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #42
DirteePosse
Camp Scrub

I believe B Lloyd will show up this season. He's a great receiver when thrown to. The receiving corps are looking great and healthy. Keep up the support. To answer the question, all players/entertainers deserved to be ridiculed when they aren't playing up to their pay level.
DirteePosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #43
Schneed10
A Dude

We're getting way too caught up in this argument over Lloyd's effort on the end zone interception. To me, that's just a small piece of the puzzle.

The bottom line, the guy had one catch for five yards on Sunday. This after last year doing jack squat last year. Randle El struggled last year, and was brought into this offense at the same time as Lloyd, but he seemed to have caught on just fine on Sunday, putting up 5 catches for 108 yards (if you remove the flukey hail mary). What's Lloyd's excuse?

And Daseal, don't give me this crap about him not getting looks. The reason Randle El got the looks is because he ran very precise routes, and JC had confidence he'd be where he was supposed to be. 90% of a WRs job is getting open, making the catch is only 10% of the work. Lloyd just doesn't get open because he doesn't work hard enough to master the playbook, he could care less about learning the intracacies of route-running because all he wants to do is burn dudes deep.

I mean at what point can we just call a spade a spade. If it quacks, it's a duck. Not a hen, not a rooster, not a swan... it's a friggin duck people. Same damn thing happened with Ramsey, and it's happening with Lloyd. People see flashes every now and then, so they think if we just give him more looks, or if we just give him a chance, he'll be OK. No. He sucks. It's not that hard to make the judgment. He's a piece of shit because of his poor work ethic, and it's not going to get markedly better. Book it.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #44
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

lloyd isnt great... but we're being a bit harsh... I think we're just tired of reading about him having a piss poor attitude. I dont want a #1 wideout pro-bowler primadona (a la owns, moss, etc...) unless its chad johnson... but I really don't want a guy getting overpaid to be a #3 to have any kind of attitude...

heh... Hard On...hehehe
Old 09-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #45
steveo395
The Starter

I was at the game and I was watching Lloyd that entire play. He was going deep in the endzone in single coverage, but once he got close to the endzone, he started to slow down. That was right when Campbell threw it, so then Lloyd looked up, started to speed up and ended up being short on the jump.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote