Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"I will smash ur face in!" Cromartie and Hasselbeck in twitter battle

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #16
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: "I will smash ur face in!" Cromartie and Hasselbeck in twitter battle

I just read this link, good journalism - there's a lot more to it than just some harsh words between two guys. I give props to Lewis & Dockett, they obviously grasp the situation & don't want one ignorant player's words to somehow become the public voice of the players. This could actually turn out to be something we look back at as the CBA negotiations unfold, or fold?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
Who cares what Cromartie says? That's why I hate ESPN. All they do is manafacture fake controverseys to increase their ratings and web traffic. What Cromartie said is the same thing being uttered by players behind closed doors. Especially by those players who are now free agents.

Everyone knows that Cromartie isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, so who cares what unarticulate comment he foolilshly made. I'm just sick and tired of ESPN exacerbating these petty issues, they're the TMZ of sports journalism.
Pro Football Talk holds that title
Old 01-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I just read this link, good journalism - there's a lot more to it than just some harsh words between two guys. I give props to Lewis & Dockett, they obviously grasp the situation & don't want one ignorant player's words to somehow become the public voice of the players. This could actually turn out to be something we look back at as the CBA negotiations unfold, or fold?
Well that's ultimately why there's a difference between saying it behind closed doors and saying it for all to hear. If they're going to be a union they need to have one voice in this.

But it would probably be a bigger deal if a more respected peer had made these comments. I mean I know Peyton has made some comments in the past, but those I don't think have garnered as much reaction
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Pro Football Talk holds that title
spot on....Florio is just garbage reporting IMO.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well that's ultimately why there's a difference between saying it behind closed doors and saying it for all to hear. If they're going to be a union they need to have one voice in this.

But it would probably be a bigger deal if a more respected peer had made these comments. I mean I know Peyton has made some comments in the past, but those I don't think have garnered as much reaction
Very true, but AC may represent the ignorant/ambivalent player & a lot of guys may actually support his general point. I'm not saying this twitter incident is going to spark class warfare between the players, but I think it shows how much of a divide there could be between the players. There will be guys that see the big picture & are willing to be patient, while there are guys like AC that are just demanding that it be resolved asap. If there's a work stoppage, those differences will come to the surface again. And like you said, there's a big difference when they speak publicly!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
spot on....Florio is just garbage reporting IMO.
You're generous by calling it reporting. He takes a story, throws his spin on it (which usually involves as much drama and negativity as possible), and makes mountains out of mole hills.

I still read it daily though. It's a good one stop shop for what's going on around the league.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #22
redsk1
The Starter

Cromartie trying to name all of his kids.

YouTube - Antonio Cromartie Trying To Name All Of His Kids!
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If anyone DOES NOT want a work stoppage it's AC. He's got a lot of mouths to feed. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #24
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Isnt Cromartie the one with 8 kids by 8 different women? Id put my money on that he cant spell CBA. He's on the clock, i got a felling Cromartieis is a dumb arse and will waste his God given tallents soon.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Cromartie got confused when he heard there were "labor" talks
Old 01-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #26
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Isnt Cromartie the one with 8 kids by 8 different women? Id put my money on that he cant spell CBA. He's on the clock, i got a felling Cromartieis is a dumb arse and will waste his God given tallents soon.

Did you watch the YouTube I posted? Watch it. He's got a bunch of em.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #27
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Twitter is going to be a real issue for the NFLPA to sort out. Players, for all intent and purposes are using these accounts for all the wrong reasons. What we're beginning to see now is pure nonsense, with no meaningful place associated with the game. If this kind of behavior is a sign of the times, then I fear what the future holds.

NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement: Why Twitter Is Crushing The Union | Bleacher Report
Old 01-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #28
Terpfan76
Special Teams

To a certain extent though, there is some truth to what AC is saying, however unintelligible it may have been. If what I gathered from it is correct, he's saying let's get this crap done before the current cba expires. Stop with the hand wringing and get to work. I don't blame him there. Few "businesses" hurt themselves more by lockout/strike than professional sports. To the fans its an affront to our senses considering the kind of money these guys make. Both sides have a lot to lose from a strike/lockout so it would make perfect sense that some players want the thing done. Look how long it took the NHL and MLB to make a comeback and the NHL still isn't fully back.

What it comes down to is these guys need to get a deal that's good for both sides done before the current agreement ends or at least extend the current one until they can get a new deal done. If ownership or the player's union doesn't budge, then do what you think is necessary but be ready for the consequences.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Twitter is going to be a real issue for the NFLPA to sort out. Players, for all intent and purposes are using these accounts for all the wrong reasons. What we're beginning to see now is pure nonsense, with no meaningful place associated with the game. If this kind of behavior is a sign of the times, then I fear what the future holds.

NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement: Why Twitter Is Crushing The Union | Bleacher Report
Yeah too many dopes out there with no filter
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I foresee Goodell putting a ban on players' use of Twitter and social media sites...period.

The NBA has banned the use of it while they're "working", but it really seems to be more of a problem with NFL players (and Will Hill).

It could be justified. Any other person can not just publicly blast their coworkers and company without getting in trouble, the NFL is a business too.

We're fortunate this crap wasn't available when Riggo played, or Michael Westbrook.