Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Burgold
Special Teams
 
Burgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 201
Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

I'm gonna respect the Native and not wear my gear outside of home after the name change...I've always felt like a hypocrite but I also love the home team,so I wore my stuff but I'll wear the new stuff even though it'll feel strange,how bout you all?
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,133
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
I'm gonna respect the Native and not wear my gear outside of home after the name change...I've always felt like a hypocrite but I also love the home team,so I wore my stuff but I'll wear the new stuff even though it'll feel strange,how bout you all?
Literally just bought two new shirts online and am wearing a Redskins shirt right now. HTTR!
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,690
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Literally just bought two new shirts online and am wearing a Redskins shirt right now. HTTR!


YEAH FUCK PEOPLES FEELINGS! FUCK YEAH!
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
JackLord
Camp Scrub
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 59
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
YEAH FUCK PEOPLES FEELINGS! FUCK YEAH!
Very eloquent.

I am curious as to how you justify rooting for the Redskins and have a Redskins icon next to your online handle.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,690
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Very eloquent.



I am curious as to how you justify rooting for the Redskins and have a Redskins icon next to your online handle.


Said before that I have changed my mind about it being racist, and have come to the realization that you cant be a little racist. But even if I didnít I would have respect for those who do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:00 AM   #6
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,972
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

Vacuum seal all of it.......put it in a weatherproof storage bin.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE!
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,827
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

Vacuum seal all of it.......put it in a weatherproof storage bin.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE!
While I disagree with you about hiding it away, yes, that could actually be a good investment opportunity.

I'll practice free speech like I always do. When Krapernick and Nike (gee, them again) banned the Betsy Ross-themed shoes and all of the media starting calling our original flag racist, I bought one and it has been flying at my house ever since.

This is what freedom-loving Americans do...when you are told "you can't do that" by the censorship crowd...they do it more. Remember how the Chik-Fil-A "boycott" backfired? Lines around the block!

I didn't throw out my Aunt Jemima mix either.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:07 AM   #8
coggs
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Posts: 477
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
While I disagree with you about hiding it away, yes, that could actually be a good investment opportunity.

I'll practice free speech like I always do. When Krapernick and Nike (gee, them again) banned the Betsy Ross-themed shoes and all of the media starting calling our original flag racist, I bought one and it has been flying at my house ever since.

This is what freedom-loving Americans do...when you are told "you can't do that" by the censorship crowd...they do it more. Remember how the Chik-Fil-A "boycott" backfired? Lines around the block!

I didn't throw out my Aunt Jemima mix either.
It would be a terrible investment idea as many people will be doing this and in time people will move on from the name.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
coggs
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Posts: 477
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Are you kidding me? Buy up all the legacy Redskins fan gear TODAY. Take your gently used fan gear as well.

Vacuum seal all of it.......put it in a weatherproof storage bin.

In 15 years or more........ SELL THAT SHIT AND RETIRE!
Right, just like the guy with whom I used to work who bought over 1000 Don Mattingly Donruss rookie cards around 1986.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #10
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,627
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Right, just like the guy with whom I used to work who bought over 1000 Don Mattingly Donruss rookie cards around 1986.
God I loved the Yankees in the 80s, highly overpriced and woefully inadequate
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #11
coggs
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Posts: 477
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
God I loved the Yankees in the 80s, highly overpriced and woefully inadequate
Never had any pitching aside from Guidry. Not a Yankees fan. Had Steinbrenner not been suspended in early 90s, that late 90s dynasty would have never happened.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,627
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Never had any pitching aside from Guidry. Not a Yankees fan. Had Steinbrenner not been suspended in early 90s, that late 90s dynasty would have never happened.
What do you mean? They had the Niekro brothers!
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,690
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
God I loved the Yankees in the 80s, highly overpriced and woefully inadequate


Yet still won more games during the decade as a whole than anyone...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:37 AM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,797
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Yeah I have a starter jacket that I love, def wearing that still. Shirts and stuff prob not
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #15
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,827
Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

ABSOLUTELY!


I have a Skins plate on the front of my car and a frame around the license plate on the back. Staying put...watch the car get vandalized by an actual racist.


I also am buying more Redskins merch this week. Bought a new beanie cap for winter to replace the one my wife accidentally donated to a coat drive last year and am shopping for a Sean Taylor jersey while I can still get one.

I'm also eyeing up a 4-foot long championship banner for their three Super Bowls.

Yes, I'll keep wearing and I'll buy more while I can too.

And YES, you're letting me in the stadium in Redskins gear.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.38606 seconds with 10 queries