Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2024, 09:08 AM   #1261
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
No way I would support trading next year's first. This is a deep tackle draft, there is no reason to trade that much to be able to land a good one.
Agree

Take the QB at 2 and find a good T in the 2nd

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2024, 07:21 PM   #1262
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Now that we know the bears are taking Williams it’s down to JD and Maye. I’m still leaning JD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2024, 07:33 PM   #1263
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Now that we know the bears are taking Williams it’s down to JD and Maye. I’m still leaning JD

Same. I like Daniels’s intangibles more. His weight, and his upright running style, are my only two concerns.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:56 PM   #1264
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Same. I like Daniels’s intangibles more. His weight, and his upright running style, are my only two concerns.
It worked for Michael Johnson lol

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:36 AM   #1265
Defensewins
Playmaker

The trades of Chase Young, Montez Sweat and Sam Howell look great to me now. I didn’t see it at the time, but now….
Nine draft picks in a good draft.
Six picks in the first three rounds.
Three picks in the top 40. Have we ever had so much valuable draft capital?
Especially after seeing Chase Young in SF still not being able to do the most basic thing well…stop the run/gap control. It was exposed for everyone to see. SF will/has moved on signing Leonard Floyd. Plus with Chase Youn and Sweat in big contract year coming up and they were not excelling on the field, smart move by our new FO.
I like where we are and headed as a team. I have not been able to say that in a long time.
Fucking Dan Snyder is GONE in disgrace!
After we take our QB with first round pick….we pick OL, CB and LB all day. Or BPA.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:52 AM   #1266
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
The trades of Chase Young, Montez Sweat and Sam Howell look great to me now. I didn’t see it at the time, but now….

Nine draft picks in a good draft.

Six picks in the first three rounds.

Three picks in the top 40. Have we ever had so much valuable draft capital?

Especially after seeing Chase Young in SF still not being able to do the most basic thing well…stop the run/gap control. It was exposed for everyone to see. SF will/has moved on signing Leonard Floyd. Plus with Chase Youn and Sweat in big contract year coming up and they were not excelling on the field, smart move by our new FO.

I like where we are and headed as a team. I have not been able to say that in a long time.

Fucking Dan Snyder is GONE in disgrace!

After we take our QB with first round pick….we pick OL, CB and LB all day. Or BPA.
The only trade I'm really on the fence about is Montez Sweat. He showed in Chicago that he can be a force, And I think Quinn's defense could really have used him. Young was definitely worth trading and Howell was clearly a good value for the trade.

bottomline, I don't think Chicago's pick can make up for Sweat's value. I hope this front office proves me wrong.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM   #1267
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The only trade I'm really on the fence about is Montez Sweat. He showed in Chicago that he can be a force, And I think Quinn's defense could really have used him. Young was definitely worth trading and Howell was clearly a good value for the trade.

bottomline, I don't think Chicago's pick can make up for Sweat's value. I hope this front office proves me wrong.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
It makes up for it when you consider the cost of the contract and how many of the guys we have been able to sign using that cap, and more we will be able to sign over the next 3 years
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 01:17 PM   #1268
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
No way I would support trading next year's first. This is a deep tackle draft, there is no reason to trade that much to be able to land a good one.
Trading our two 2ds and a 5th isn't really trading too much to get one of the top 2 tackles.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 03:33 PM   #1269
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

You can argue that 1-4 are borderline bust.

TLaw hasn’t lived up to his hype at all.

I’d probably say 7 of these 32 picks are legit really good players

The draft is a crap shoot.

Old 03-17-2024, 03:43 PM   #1270
Meks
Pro Bowl

There's definitely a bunch of busts on there
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 03:53 PM   #1271
skinsfan69
Living Legend

TL is not a bust at all. A bust is RG3, Heath Shuler, Lance and Zach Wilson. He's a starting QB in the league but he just isn't one of the best. I never thought he was going to be great based off of in college he wasn't a pinpoint passer like Burrow became. Great athlete, and like I said, he is a starter but probably mid tier. He is tough as nails, I like TL, you can win w/ him.

I think Daniels will probably be similar to TL. I don't think he's going to be an elite starter, but perhaps a good to really good.

I still stand by Michael Penix. He just has that "IT" factor when the ball comes off his huge hands. He needs a line. You gotta give him some deep threats.. I love the maturity, mental toughness and the elite arm. The Vikings should draft him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:08 PM   #1272
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
It makes up for it when you consider the cost of the contract and how many of the guys we have been able to sign using that cap, and more we will be able to sign over the next 3 years
Exactly. This FO and coaching staff is able to get their players.
Not the players somebody else wanted. What I see so far is they are picking up Dan Quinn’s and his staff’s type of player.
Plus they added veteran leaders like Bobby Wagner to help teach Dan Quinn’s system to the many young guys coming in from the draft.
That is so important.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 06:44 PM   #1273
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
TL is not a bust at all. A bust is RG3, Heath Shuler, Lance and Zach Wilson. He's a starting QB in the league but he just isn't one of the best. I never thought he was going to be great based off of in college he wasn't a pinpoint passer like Burrow became. Great athlete, and like I said, he is a starter but probably mid tier. He is tough as nails, I like TL, you can win w/ him.

I think Daniels will probably be similar to TL. I don't think he's going to be an elite starter, but perhaps a good to really good.

I still stand by Michael Penix. He just has that "IT" factor when the ball comes off his huge hands. He needs a line. You gotta give him some deep threats.. I love the maturity, mental toughness and the elite arm. The Vikings should draft him.
And Lawrence has them 8-3 and the #1 seed before he got hurt.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:22 PM   #1274
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

i was all in on Penix UNTIL I watched him on the Big stage in there final game last year .. He was not good !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 11:59 PM   #1275
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

You can argue that 1-4 are borderline bust.

TLaw hasn’t lived up to his hype at all.

I’d probably say 7 of these 32 picks are legit really good players

The draft is a crap shoot.

The relevance of the current status of the first three picks from this past draft shines a bright light on our situation in this draft. Lawrence was considered by many to be a future superstar and he was drafted first. To date, he hasn't developed as expected. The other two who were drafted second and third have careers that are in disarray now and they are no longer with the teams that drafted them.

So yes, take your best shot with the No. 2 pick and hope to get your Franchise QB. Do not risk trading away the farm to move up to No. 1 only to be disappointed.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote