F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2020, 01:49 AM   #301
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The way I took your post was that Ron Rivera had asked for total control over the draft process. That's my bad for misinterpreting your post.
Maybe my post wasn't that clear either. My overall point is Rivera is asking for, and getting, way more control than the previous coaches were getting. And that's including Shanahan who was overruled by the owner on his effin' starting QB.

Rivera obviously is aware of the previous mistakes made by this organisation, and it seems he sat down and talked about it with Dan in a honest and up front enough way to get insurance he wouldn't get down that road with him.

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2020, 02:39 AM   #302
Warthog
The Starter

I believe that after 20 years of failure Dan Snyder finally got it right. He set up a secret group of NFL guru’s (who are not with the Redskins) and have them analyze the franchise over a month before Black Monday. Snyder talked to Gibbs (and probably his secret team) who recommended Rivera. Then Snyder called RR and begin to sell himself and this team. Snyder made Rivera care about correcting this failed franchise. Dan proved to RR that he desperately cares about the ‘skins and that he would make whatever changes were necessary - including changing himself!!

It is clear to me that RR also talked to Snyder frankly about Dan’s many failures as an owner - such as by meddling directly in football decisions or using his toady, Bruce Allen, to do it for him on the sly. Snyder also probably had to admit to his micromanagement concerning player issues or using his VP/GM (Cerrato/Allen) to make many franchise decisions outside their scope of control.

I give Snyder credit for discussing these issues frankly with RR and admitting to his MANY MISTAKES. It’s tough to acknowledge one’s large errors in front of a potential employee.

Look where this team is compared to our competition. We’ve moved quite fast, but with deliberation, and secured one of the best HC out of the group of candidates!! I remember reading an article on the NFL HC search about 3 weeks ago, which asserted that because the Redskins were one of the WORST teams and had the WEAKEST management (out of the eight or nine teams without a coach) that we’d ONLY secure our HC by taking someone from inside the team’s management. Inbreeding. How wrong the author was about Snyder and this team. He moved quickly with his advisors, fixed on his target HC, schmoozed him, acknowledged his past mistakes to RR, promised not to repeat these errors, hired RR, and stood out of the way as Rivera began to build his staff, gather the best coaches, while getting rid of the old dead wood coaches.

Finally, I liked that Dan started the press conference, even though he is clearly very nervous as a public speaker. Even though he is disliked by the fans and media. That takes guts to be on live tv! He said that the franchise starts and ends with Rivera. Also, he boldly stated that Rivera is in charge of building a WINNING CULTURE!

This is what many of us wanted. It’s time to believe again! Although I still think we’ll be average next year, we will build a winning culture and we could go far. This team is finally making the right moves. I never thought I ever say this but, “well done Dan Snyder!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:43 AM   #303
mredskins
MVP

DS is taking heat for the happy thanksgiving, I thought it was meant to be a joke.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:22 AM   #304
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
DS is taking heat for the happy thanksgiving, I thought it was meant to be a joke.
I took it a a joke, but i have to admit, it was awkward. I thought i had an issue with public speaking. Now i understand why he doesn't speak to the media.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:48 AM   #305
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I believe that after 20 years of failure Dan Snyder finally got it right. He set up a secret group of NFL guru’s (who are not with the Redskins) and have them analyze the franchise over a month before Black Monday. Snyder talked to Gibbs (and probably his secret team) who recommended Rivera. Then Snyder called RR and begin to sell himself and this team. Snyder made Rivera care about correcting this failed franchise. Dan proved to RR that he desperately cares about the ‘skins and that he would make whatever changes were necessary - including changing himself!!

It is clear to me that RR also talked to Snyder frankly about Dan’s many failures as an owner - such as by meddling directly in football decisions or using his toady, Bruce Allen, to do it for him on the sly. Snyder also probably had to admit to his micromanagement concerning player issues or using his VP/GM (Cerrato/Allen) to make many franchise decisions outside their scope of control.

I give Snyder credit for discussing these issues frankly with RR and admitting to his MANY MISTAKES. It’s tough to acknowledge one’s large errors in front of a potential employee.

Look where this team is compared to our competition. We’ve moved quite fast, but with deliberation, and secured one of the best HC out of the group of candidates!! I remember reading an article on the NFL HC search about 3 weeks ago, which asserted that because the Redskins were one of the WORST teams and had the WEAKEST management (out of the eight or nine teams without a coach) that we’d ONLY secure our HC by taking someone from inside the team’s management. Inbreeding. How wrong the author was about Snyder and this team. He moved quickly with his advisors, fixed on his target HC, schmoozed him, acknowledged his past mistakes to RR, promised not to repeat these errors, hired RR, and stood out of the way as Rivera began to build his staff, gather the best coaches, while getting rid of the old dead wood coaches.

Finally, I liked that Dan started the press conference, even though he is clearly very nervous as a public speaker. Even though he is disliked by the fans and media. That takes guts to be on live tv! He said that the franchise starts and ends with Rivera. Also, he boldly stated that Rivera is in charge of building a WINNING CULTURE!

This is what many of us wanted. It’s time to believe again! Although I still think we’ll be average next year, we will build a winning culture and we could go far. This team is finally making the right moves. I never thought I ever say this but, “well done Dan Snyder!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great post! Snyder did impress me reaching out to the outside panel to fix this trainwreck. Landing Rivera and Del Rio is no joke at all. Very excited about the prospects. Want to know what's going to happen with o coordinator, gm, and other vacancies. Team desperately needs a marketing coordinator of some type also with all the recent issues. Pleased with the offseason thus far though.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:48 AM   #306
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I just don't trust Snyder. Particularly when it comes to Haskins. It didn't sound like RR was all in with him, nor should he be. That's Dan's guy. We shall see how that plays out if RR doesn't end up wanting him..

I think I got a chub when he started talking about the defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #307
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I just don't trust Snyder. Particularly when it comes to Haskins. It didn't sound like RR was all in with him, nor should he be. That's Dan's guy. We shall see how that plays out if RR doesn't end up wanting him..

I think Snyder will behave (fingers crossed). Feel it was a massive wake up call with the attendance figures regressing and the opposing fans there. He better realize he has no other option at this point. He needs to understand he doesn't know football and not get attached to players. Rivera needs to tell him to stay the heck out of his way. Snyder is VERY VERY lucky to have landed Rivera/Del Rio. I shudder at the notion of him screwing this up.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:03 AM   #308
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
I think Snyder will behave (fingers crossed). Feel it was a massive wake up call with the attendance figures regressing and the opposing fans there. He better realize he has no other option at this point. He needs to understand he doesn't know football and not get attached to players. Rivera needs to tell him to stay the heck out of his way. Snyder is VERY VERY lucky to have landed Rivera/Del Rio. I shudder at the notion of him screwing this up.
I hoping so, but Im not gonna jump to conclusions...I remember the Shanny hire. That was a big deal.

The question for me is who is the GM

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #309
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hoping so, but Im not gonna jump to conclusions...I remember the Shanny hire. That was a big deal.

The question for me is who is the GM
That's what I wanna know also. Frankly, don't like the fact that will be addressed supposedly after the draft. Just think it would be addressed now.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #310
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
It was a joke he just didn’t set it up properly
Old 01-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #311
MTK
\m/

Quote:

RR will make everyone earn his job, the old school approach so many of us have been begging for
Old 01-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #312
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It was a joke he just didn’t set it up properly
ok yeah i agree
Old 01-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #313
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
That's what I wanna know also. Frankly, don't like the fact that will be addressed supposedly after the draft. Just think it would be addressed now.
1. The Ron hire and the Dan press conference (which he did a great job and said all the right things) have come off great

2. Combined with the young talent, No 2 pick and Cap space

3. Bruce out of organization

The Skins brand is on an upswing, if you wanted to attract a top notch GM candidate from outside the organization, now is the time.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #314
MTK
\m/

Great article everyone should read this

Silver: Ron Rivera 'ready to roll' into next HC job
Old 01-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #315
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. To me it was RR setting a tone of no job is gonna be given, every job's is gonna be earned. Which is fine.

And he might end up thinking starting another QB is the best thing to do, but I don't think that comment was anything else than setting a tone and telling Haskins he better work his ass off and say what he's told.