WFT's Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-30-2021, 11:16 AM   #166
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Per JLC's twitter, Ravens' Orlando Brown wants to play left tackle and might put in a request to be traded. We should look into this if Brown is available for trade.
This all about money wanting to get paid...pass

Social media has become a tool for small minded athletes...mental midgets. Don’t need them here.

A man handle things the right way...he ain’t a man but a lil bitch

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #167
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Does anyone have a handle on how the salary cap will effect the rest of the league?

Isn't is something like 20 million less than last year's cap?

If that's the case, we're sitting pretty where we are. It would seem to me to be an excellent opportunity to scoop up a bunch of pretty good players who will be victims of the numbers most of the league will have to deal with, as they struggle to get down to the salary cap figure.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:19 PM   #168
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Does anyone have a handle on how the salary cap will effect the rest of the league?

Isn't is something like 20 million less than last year's cap?

If that's the case, we're sitting pretty where we are. It would seem to me to be an excellent opportunity to scoop up a bunch of pretty good players who will be victims of the numbers most of the league will have to deal with, as they struggle to get down to the salary cap figure.
Go to Overthecap.com and you can see. About half the teams are in the red right now. That said, most of our competition for big FA plays (WR LB QB) are in good shape like us. Particularly the Colts, Jets and Patriots all who have 20-30 Million more than we do right now
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #169
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Go to Overthecap.com and you can see. About half the teams are in the red right now. That said, most of our competition for big FA plays (WR LB QB) are in good shape like us. Particularly the Colts, Jets and Patriots all who have 20-30 Million more than we do right now

Thanks ....

So .... real quick ... your opinion .... does that mean we won't be able to pick up a handful of good players who will be looking for a spot because their team had to get down to the salary cap?

EDIT - man, it'd suck to be the Iggles. hahaha
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 01:27 PM   #170
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Thanks ....

So .... real quick ... your opinion .... does that mean we won't be able to pick up a handful of good players who will be looking for a spot because their team had to get down to the salary cap?
Maybe, but our own experience (and the Eagles a year or two ago) shows that teams know how to make the cap work, and most players are going to understand that too.

The ones that do get released will be the hot commodities, and there are still 18 teams that have money to grab a player here or there.

I think we will swing at Robinson and a QB. I hope it makes Scherff's deal more manageable for us though.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:18 AM   #171
MTK
\m/

Doug Williams promoted to senior adviser to Washington Football Team president Jason Wright
Old 02-05-2021, 08:27 AM   #172
davy
Impact Rookie

Maybe it's just me being cynical but this looks like a "what can we do with Doug?" type move.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #173
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Maybe it's just me being cynical but this looks like a "what can we do with Doug?" type move.
Better than how certain legends were treated in the front office in the past. Like Bobby Mitchell.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:07 AM   #174
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Given the purge of FO from the BA era, it says something that he was not simply let go.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #175
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Given the purge of FO from the BA era, it says something that he was not simply let go.

Agreed. Think he would maybe do some good leading an upstart Alumni program since that's an area we haven't done well in recently.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:31 PM   #176
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

You know, and I said this earlier, I like the Washington Football Team. The one thing that resonates in this name change, the biggest thing that resonates? Washington. So at the end of the day, if it remains what it is, I’m alright,"

Doug Williams
Old 02-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #177
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You know, and I said this earlier, I like the Washington Football Team. The one thing that resonates in this name change, the biggest thing that resonates? Washington. So at the end of the day, if it remains what it is, I’m alright,"

Doug Williams
Fire him

Old 02-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #178
SunnySide
Playmaker

Matt Verderame
@MattVerderame
·
6h
Per source, the Arizona Cardinals and former All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson are parting ways barring a significant change in stances.

Peterson, 30, has enjoyed eight Pro Bowl and three First-Team All-Pro campaigns since being selected No. 5 overall in the 2011 Draft.

----------

We need a CB1 and hed be an upgrade over our current talent but idk id probably pass at any cost honestly. Seems like an nnamdi Asomugha situation.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:56 PM   #179
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Better than how certain legends were treated in the front office in the past. Like Bobby Mitchell.
Mitchell very well could and should have been the GM over Casserly but Cooke passed him over and never gave him a reason. Then his number was given out to a backup TE under Spurrier.

But w/ Doug it just seems like they're keeping him around because it would be a real bad PR move to let him go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #180
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Matt Verderame
@MattVerderame
·
6h
Per source, the Arizona Cardinals and former All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson are parting ways barring a significant change in stances.

Peterson, 30, has enjoyed eight Pro Bowl and three First-Team All-Pro campaigns since being selected No. 5 overall in the 2011 Draft.

----------

We need a CB1 and hed be an upgrade over our current talent but idk id probably pass at any cost honestly. Seems like an nnamdi Asomugha situation.
Do not want old aging cornerback past his prime. He can still probably play but not a good fit for this team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote