Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

With the 15th Pick, the Redskins select...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #76
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: With the 15th Pick, the Redskins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's a smart kid when it comes to X's and O's but overall he isn't ready to play at the NFL Level yet. To be honest I'm not sure any of these guys are, which is y I want Rosen
I'm with you on Rosen
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2019, 08:37 AM   #77
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Isn't anyone here concerned about Rosen's personality which I find to be obnoxious. It makes me wonder how coachable he would be as our QB. I feel comfortable that AZ will draft Murray but I'm far from comfortable with the idea of trading for Rosen.

OTOH, I really like Haskins and Drew Lock, one or both of whom might be had at #15. All three of these players will need to be developed. I wonder if some of us here are allowing ourselves to hope there is an instant answer to our QB dilemma when there isn't one.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #78
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Isn't anyone here concerned about Rosen's personality which I find to be obnoxious. It makes me wonder how coachable he would be as our QB. I feel comfortable that AZ will draft Murray but I'm far from comfortable with the idea of trading for Rosen.

OTOH, I really like Haskins and Drew Lock, one or both of whom might be had at #15. All three of these players will need to be developed. I wonder if some of us here are allowing ourselves to hope there is an instant answer to our QB dilemma when there isn't one.
Valid argument. The only reason why I prefer for us to trade for Rosen instead of drafting a QB with our #1 pick is because of the situation we are in. (1) We already have so much money tied to QB position alone due to Smith and Keenum with nothing to show for it, and (2) it seems likely Gruden will be gone by end of season, that is unless he manages to pull a miracle season. The QB class this year is not that great according to lot of people. If we draft a QB with our #1 pick, whoever it is, we will still need to develop that player like you mentioned. In my opinion, it is not ideal for us to draft a developmental QB right when we expect to get a new coach next year, since he more likely would have to learn new offense system. We could become next Arizona next year if we draft a QB in 1st round pick this year, then we hire a new coach next year and he prefers to draft or sign his own QB instead of going with the QB we draft this year. Due to those factors, I prefer for us to use our #1 pick to draft an impact player who will contribute to the team immediately as much as a QB could (i.e., offense or defense playmaker), which a new coach would appreciate. Rosen was widely considered as one of top QBs last draft, and Arizona gave up a lot to trade up to draft him. Arizona is restarting all over again with new coach and naturally, a new coach wants to get a QB that he is in love with - it does not necessarily means Rosen is not a good player. Since Redskins have a bad history with our 2nd round picks, we might as well as use that pick to trade for Rosen since he fits Gruden's system well and it could give Gruden a chance to redeem himself.

I am not sure I buy the notion of Rosen's bad personality since most are from rumors. From what I have seen directly from Rosen's actions, it seems like he is being professional.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #79
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Drew Lock is the only QB I want at 15.

But I think we would be better off waiting until the 3rd round or even the 5th to draft a guy. If he isn't a starter, we can get another guy next year and we'll have a cheap guy in place to be backup in 2020 when Colt/Keenum are gone.

Give me:

1st - Burns
2nd - A.J. Brown/Paris Campbell
3rd - Grier/Finley
3rd - Best LG available

This would be my perfect draft. Obviously there are other guys I'd be happy with to. But that's my dream draft start.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
An Osweiler type trade of picks for cap space isn't likely but is possible with a team another team going through a rebuild with excess cap space.

I would rather have the picks and the cheap 1st contracts but crazier things have happened.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I couldn't see it happening this year because he's still owed 2 years of salary left, but next year? Sure. Smith + 2nd or possibly a 3rd for a 7th rounder (or a camp body) to a team with 60+ mil in unused cap space? I didn't think anybody would take on that Osweiler contract either, and look how that turned out. But this year is a definite no, nobody would want to take on 2 years of salary for anything lower than a first rounder.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #81
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I couldn't see it happening this year because he's still owed 2 years of salary left, but next year? Sure. Smith + 2nd or possibly a 3rd for a 7th rounder (or a camp body) to a team with 60+ mil in unused cap space? I didn't think anybody would take on that Osweiler contract either, and look how that turned out. But this year is a definite no, nobody would want to take on 2 years of salary for anything lower than a first rounder.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-set-at-1882m

Indy and the Jets could totally eat it in one year with the Jets being closer to full rebuild mode. I think the Cleveland model has turned some heads. Time will tell if it pays off.

Again, I don't think it's likely by a long shot and I would rather have the picks because I think we are building also.

And you're right, nobody saw the Osweiler trade coming.

The director of pants and picnics, aka the Prince of Darkness, keeps saying we're oh so close to contending.

Trading picks and Alex for cap space is a short term move entirely consistent with what our egotistical GM has been saying publicly for over a year.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #82
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-set-at-1882m

Indy and the Jets could totally eat it in one year with the Jets being closer to full rebuild mode. I think the Cleveland model has turned some heads. Time will tell if it pays off.

Again, I don't think it's likely by a long shot and I would rather have the picks because I think we are building also.

And you're right, nobody saw the Osweiler trade coming.

The director of pants and picnics, aka the Prince of Darkness, keeps saying we're oh so close to contending.

Trading picks and Alex for cap space is a short term move entirely consistent with what our egotistical GM has been saying publicly for over a year.

It's not about teams willing to eat it, it's how much we're willing to pay them to eat it. Right now the cost is too high. It's double what Houston paid Cleveland to eat Osweiler's deal.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #83
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's not about teams willing to eat it, it's how much we're willing to pay them to eat it. Right now the cost is too high. It's double what Houston paid Cleveland to eat Osweiler's deal.
I agree. I don't think it's going to happen either exactly for the reason you mentioned.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 PM   #84
Irrefutable
The Starter

NFL network mock draft tonight has Greedy Williams as the pick.... ???
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #85
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pete Prisco says he's been told "Arizona is not taking Murray #1"

This could all be a smokescreen but many believe Oakland is trading up for that pick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 01:34 AM   #86
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would trade 3 first round picks for that.
I would also....it's an unfortunate thing being stuck with Dan.....
Old 04-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #87
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

How can you trade Alex Smith to dump salary if he can't pass a physical? Wouldn't the league reject that?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #88
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
NFL network mock draft tonight has Greedy Williams as the pick.... ???
I wouldn't hate that pick but I'd rather go Edge or WR at 15
Old 04-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #89
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
How can you trade Alex Smith to dump salary if he can't pass a physical? Wouldn't the league reject that?
Good point. I didn't think about that.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #90
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

I for one think the Redskins should say the hell with Rosen and keep our draft picks....seeing as though they don't have any QBs in their 20s on the roster except for that AAF bum they signed just days ago they should draft 2 QBs( one in the early rounds and another late in the draft.