Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #46
donofriose
The Starter

Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
We'll see if Bacarri can play on a level close to Byrds before we get Byrd.
That would be amazing if a 6th round pick ended up being an All Pro. Extremely unlikely but you never know. I'm just hopeful at least one of the safeties becomes a solid starter, let alone an All Pro.

Advertisements
Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #47
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
That would be amazing if a 6th round pick ended up being an All Pro. Extremely unlikely but you never know. I'm just hopeful at least one of the safeties becomes a solid starter, let alone an All Pro.
He's not going to be an all pro. I'm saying if he plays well while showing potential, then maybe it's not worth signing Byrd next year and keeping a young promising player as a backup.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Byrd is a big time player, if he wasn't in Buffalo everyone would know him. I think it would be hard to say Rambo will be as good as him. I think CB was saying maybe he'll turn out to be as good.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #49
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
That's on Cruz for signing a deal he wasn't completely satisfied with.
My interpretation of it was that Cruz was just saying that he could have gotten more money for football had he left NY not that he was unhappy or complaining but as I said before the endorsements alone will make up for any short falls in salary .
Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My interpretation of it was that Cruz was just saying that he could have gotten more money for football had he left NY not that he was unhappy or complaining but as I said before the endorsements alone will make up for any short falls in salary .
These interpretations of yours...cruz contract...eli better than peyton...seem to be giant dellusions. How about Cruz just make the ROC sign and stop whinning like a lil bitch

He Gets Us
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
These interpretations of yours...cruz contract...eli better than peyton...seem to be giant dellusions. How about Cruz just make the ROC sign and stop whinning like a lil bitch

I will pass that on to him, Thanks.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

You posted a article with a NFL executive praising the contract. I'm sure he is praising the contract because the ownership pulled a fast one on a newbie agent.

This is why it's a bad deal for players to tie their bonuses to workouts. Near the end of their contract, when do players usually hold out in search of a new contract? You guessed it. Work outs and OTAs. Now, if he holds out on those looking for a better contract, he loses out on money tied to the workouts that should have been guaranteed in the contract. Unlike the other rookie QBs who had that extra money guaranteed in their contracts. Smith can't hold out because his extra money is tied up into workouts and OTAs.

Quote:
Typically, players must participate in 80 percent of the offseason workouts to earn the bonus. For Smith, this puts extra pressure on him to be able and willing to show up and work out in the final two years of his deal. If he fails to meet the minimums, he’ll potentially lose hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Even taken from the very article you posted:

Quote:
The clause also sets up inexperienced agent Kim Miale and her boss, Jay-Z, for criticism from the agent community, which tends to criticize anyone and anything if it means helping them expand their portfolio of clients. In this specific case, given the details of the rookie deals signed by the players taken before and after Smith, the criticism may be justified.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You posted a article with a NFL executive praising the contract. I'm sure he is praising the contract because the ownership pulled a fast one on a newbie agent.

This is why it's a bad deal for players to tie their bonuses to workouts. Near the end of their contract, when do players usually hold out in search of a new contract? You guessed it. Work outs and OTAs. Now, if he holds out on those looking for a better contract, he loses out on money tied to the workouts that should have been guaranteed in the contract. Unlike the other rookie QBs who had that extra money guaranteed in their contracts. Smith can't hold out because his extra money is tied up into workouts and OTAs.

Even taken from the very article you posted:
I didn't say it was all fine and dandy. But it's not quite the disaster some are trying to make it out to be.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Did anyone see the raiders take 24 away from Tracy Porter? Lmao. He tweeted about it and basically said they just took it and gave it to woodson. Said he was mad about it. Good ol raiders lol
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #55
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Did anyone see the raiders take 24 away from Tracy Porter? Lmao. He tweeted about it and basically said they just took it and gave it to woodson. Said he was mad about it. Good ol raiders lol
Disagree, Woodson is a future HOF player who spent many seasons as a Raider and has earned that #.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 07-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

^ there are better ways to go about number changes than stripping a guy. Let Woodson pay for it.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
^ there are better ways to go about number changes than stripping a guy. Let Woodson pay for it.
Agreed. It's a little insulting that the team would just take a number away from you to give to a better player. It definitely won't help Woodson/Porter get off to the best start. Should've just settled it the old-fashioned way, which is usually an agreement between the two.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

NFL Preseason Power Rankings - NFL - Chris Burke - SI.com
Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

NFC East Highlights from the article, in reverse order:
Quote:
27 Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)
If you're a full believer in the power of Chip Kelly's offense, you'll want Philadelphia much higher than this. But a reminder that a) Kelly has yet to settle on a quarterback, and b) the Philadelphia defense was pretty putrid in its own right last season (29th in points allowed). Even if Kelly's an NFL genius, this is not an overnight fix.
Quote:
17 Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
In back-to-back seasons, the Cowboys have finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs by virtue of a Week 17 intra-division loss. And this version does not look appreciably better (or worse) than its previous two incarnations. That makes it hard to count on a real change in the Cowboys' fortunes.
Quote:
12 Washington Redskins

Washington Redskins (10-6)
Placed here with an asterisk. Should Robert Griffin III actually get back on the field in game shape by Week 1 or 2, the Redskins will be tough to topple in the NFC East. And that's true despite a relatively quiet summer, brought on by cap penalties assessed prior to the 2012 season.
Quote:
10 New York Giants

New York Giants (9-7)
A one-point, Week 13 loss in Washington is ultimately what kept the Giants from the postseason last year. They're arguably even more dangerous on offense now, with TE Brandon Myers (though losing RB Ahmad Bradshaw stings). The NFC East is so tight that at least the top three teams - the Giants, Washington and Dallas - might be interchangeable here.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #60
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

What It's Like to Get Whacked | The MMQB with Peter King
Closed Thread